• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice in DCB for Fajitas: Tips and Tricks

In summary, you can use any type of rice in the Deep Covered Baker with Fajitas, but it's important to adjust the amount of liquid and cooking time according to the type of rice. The amount of rice needed will depend on the number of servings, and it's better to use slightly less than you think you need as rice will expand when cooked. You can also add vegetables or other ingredients to the rice, but make sure to adjust the liquid and cooking time. To prevent sticking, coat the bottom and sides of the Baker with oil or use a non-stick liner. The Baker can also be used to make rice without fajitas, as it is a versatile kitchen tool. Simply adjust the seasonings and ingredients according to
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
OK I remember a while ago someone posting that the put quick cook rice in the DCB to soak up the liquid from the fajitas. I have searched and canot find the thread. I tried it once and the rice did not cook all the way. Has anyone else tried this? Any tips? Thanks It is for my show tonight.

I just bought some Minute Rice this past week so I could try it the next time I make the fajitas. Did you use Minute Rice? I believe that was what the person said to use.​

yes I used minute rice

I posted this a while back. My director is the one that told me about it. She said that you can't use a lot of rice, barely enough to cover the bottom of the baker. Instant rice is definitely what you'd want to use.

Thanks Crystal! Yes I think I used too much before. Tonight I am bringing 1/2 a cup in a prep bowl. We will see how it goes!

1. Can I use any type of rice in the Deep Covered Baker with Fajitas?

Yes, you can use any type of rice in the Deep Covered Baker with Fajitas. However, different types of rice may require different amounts of liquid and cooking times. We recommend following the instructions on your preferred type of rice and adjusting accordingly for the Deep Covered Baker.

2. How much rice should I use with my fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker?

The amount of rice you use will depend on how many servings of fajitas you are making. As a general rule, you can use 1 cup of rice for every 2-3 servings of fajitas. Keep in mind that rice will expand when cooked, so it's better to err on the side of caution and use slightly less than you think you need.

3. Can I add vegetables or other ingredients to the rice in the Deep Covered Baker with Fajitas?

Yes, you can definitely add vegetables, beans, or other ingredients to the rice in the Deep Covered Baker with Fajitas. Just make sure to adjust the amount of liquid and cooking time accordingly, and be aware that the added ingredients may also release some liquid during cooking.

4. How do I prevent the rice from sticking to the Deep Covered Baker?

To prevent the rice from sticking to the Deep Covered Baker, make sure to thoroughly coat the bottom and sides with oil or cooking spray before adding the rice. You can also use a non-stick liner or parchment paper for easier cleanup.

5. Can I make rice in the Deep Covered Baker without fajitas?

Yes, you can definitely make rice in the Deep Covered Baker without fajitas. The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of dishes, including rice, casseroles, and even desserts. Just follow the instructions for cooking rice in the Deep Covered Baker and adjust the seasonings and ingredients to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies