• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice Crispy Treats Idea - Well Maybe

In summary, the conversation was about making rice crispy treats for a bake sale and the suggestion was to heat up the bar pan in the oven before putting the treats in to prevent them from cooling too quickly. Another idea was to use cookie cutters to make festive shapes and to grease them beforehand for easier removal. The speaker also mentioned using inexpensive cookie cutters to make festive winter bark crunch treats for bake sales or gifts.
whiteyteresa
My church is having a bake sale next month and they want me to make rice crispy treats

When ever I make the treats it is always a mess and it seems to cool too quickly

Well here is the idea I have

What if I would heat up the large bar pan in the oven (temp would be about 200) line the bar pan with parchment paper or wax paper with some hanging over the ends and then when I put the treats into the bar pan - it will be warm enough for me to spread out and use cookie cutters to make cross shape treats, with the wax paper - I would be able to get the treats out easier

So what do you all think?

Would it work?

Give me your opinions

Thanks so much

Teresa

~

I just made treats in my bar pan last week. I made a 1 1/2 batch (9 cups cereal...) and pressed them into the bar pan lined with parchment. I put another piece of parchment on top and pressed to smooth and compress it. Then I used the parchment that lined the pan to pick the whole thing up and put it on a cutting board so I could cut it easier into squares.
You could probably heat your bar pan to keep them soft longer.

I would give it a "test run" to make sure it works they way you want it to work.

Also "grease" your cookie cutter first

Another thing I do for bake sales or treats.
Buy the inexpensive cookie cutters I use the metal but plastic works too.(soemtimes you acn get a great deal on a tub of assoreted shapes at Discount stores.
Line them up on parchment paper and fill them with the Festive Winter Bark Crunch recipe. Let them get firm and wrap in pretty cellophane bags.

At Christmas I make many of these and wrap them in the long rolls of cellophane and hang them around my fornt door. Tieds with curling ribbon every 9 inches or so. As our guests leave they can cut one off to take home.

Also "grease" your cookie cutter first

Another thing I do for bake sales or treats.
Buy the inexpensive cookie cutters I use the metal but plastic works too.(soemtimes you acn get a great deal on a tub of assoreted shapes at Discount stores.
Line them up on parchment paper and fill them with the Festive Winter Bark Crunch recipe. Let them get firm and wrap in pretty cellophane bags.

At Christmas I make many of these and wrap them in the long rolls of cellophane and hang them around my front door. Tieds with curling ribbon every 9 inches or so. As our guests leave they can cut one off to take home.

1. Can I make rice crispy treats with different types of cereal?

Yes, you can use any type of cereal you like to make rice crispy treats. Some popular variations include using cocoa krispies, fruity pebbles, or even crushed up cookies.

2. How do I make rice crispy treats without using marshmallows?

Instead of using marshmallows, you can make a similar version of rice crispy treats using melted butter and a mixture of honey and peanut butter. This will give the treats a slightly different flavor, but they will still hold together and be just as delicious.

3. Can I add mix-ins to my rice crispy treats?

Yes, adding mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit can add extra flavor and texture to your rice crispy treats. Just be sure to mix them in quickly before the mixture cools and hardens.

4. Can I make rice crispy treats in advance?

Yes, you can make rice crispy treats a few days in advance and store them in an airtight container at room temperature. However, they are best when eaten within the first day or two.

5. Can I use a different type of pan to make rice crispy treats?

Yes, you can use a variety of different pans to make rice crispy treats. A 9x13 inch baking dish is the most common, but you can also use a square pan, a round cake pan, or even a muffin tin for individual treats.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • MomToEli
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies