1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rice Cooker

1. Hi Everyone,
    I am looking for some recipes that can be done in the rice cooker. I know that there is a cake recipe but I am unable to locate it. :eek:

Thanks

2. pc_am1

pc_am1 Guest

cake recipe

Just use a box cake mix and make according to the directions on the box. Add 3 medium scoops of frosting to the top of the mixture and put in the microwave for about 9 minutes. The best cake is devil's food with chocolate frosting.

It is awesome.

Amanda

Nov 8, 2005
  3. ChefLauraW

ChefLauraW Member

It is an awesome recipe!

I actually demo'd it at a show and got raves because everyone was saying "A cake in 9 minutes? No WAY!" and then when it worked three people bought a rice cooker just by seeing that! Strange, but true.

And it is sooo yummy! You'll love it!

Nov 26, 2005
  4. luv2cookathome

luv2cookathome Member

Here is what I have in my files: HTH! :D

Microwave Cake in the Rice Cooker Plus​
    1. Start with a box cake mix, any flavor (Chocolate to make Chocolate Lava Cake, etc)
    2. In the Rice Cooker Plus, put the cake mix, and all the ingredients listed on the box to make the cake. Using the whisk, mix it well.
    3. Add 4-6 scoops of prepared canned icing using the Medium Scoop (more icing will make it gooier).
    4. Put the lids on, and cook in the microwave for 9 minutes.
    5. Carefully remove lids, put a dinner plate over the top and flip! Depending on the cake mix used (white or yellow) you might need dress it up with some nuts, grated chocolate or coconut (only for appearance sake, since the cake will not brown)
    6. Great served hot, with ice cream or whipped topping.
    7. Makes approximately 12 servings.

5. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

Nov 26, 2005
Have something to add?