• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Veggies & Rice: A Customer's Review

In summary, to cook vegetables and rice together, sauté your desired vegetables, add in rice and liquid, and let it simmer until the rice is fully cooked. Some good combinations include bell peppers and onions, broccoli and carrots, or spinach and mushrooms. You can use frozen vegetables, just make sure to thaw them first. To prevent mushy rice, use the correct ratio of liquid to rice and avoid stirring too much. Any type of rice can be used, but may require different cooking times and liquid ratios.
Jillmami
Is this good for potatoes/other veggies as well as rice?

A customer likes the size of this better than the micro-cooker.

THANKS!!

:thumbup: I do everything in my rice cooker! Chicken, potatoes, veggies, cake! :D

Last edited:
oh awesome! Thanks!! I don't have this item, yet, and wanted to make sure it worked well with those 'other' items.

Appreciate your time!! :chef:

If you go to the files and type in rice cooker plus there are a bunch of recipes to use in it too! :)

Oh thanks! YUMMY!!

1. How do you cook vegetables and rice together?

To cook vegetables and rice together, start by sautéing your desired vegetables in a pan with some oil or butter until they are tender. Then, add in your desired amount of rice and stir until the rice is coated in the oil or butter. Next, add in your desired amount of liquid (water, broth, etc.) and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let it simmer for about 18 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.

2. What are some good combinations of vegetables and rice to cook together?

Some good combinations of vegetables and rice to cook together include bell peppers and onions, broccoli and carrots, or spinach and mushrooms. You can also add in some protein such as chicken, tofu, or shrimp for a complete and balanced meal.

3. Can I use frozen vegetables when cooking veggies and rice?

Yes, you can definitely use frozen vegetables when cooking veggies and rice. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the pan for cooking. You may also need to adjust the cooking time slightly to account for the frozen vegetables.

4. How do I prevent my rice from turning out mushy?

To prevent your rice from turning out mushy, make sure to use the correct ratio of liquid to rice (typically 2 cups of liquid for every 1 cup of rice), and don't stir the rice too much while it's cooking. Also, make sure to let the rice rest for a few minutes after it's done cooking before fluffing it with a fork.

5. Can I use any type of rice when cooking veggies and rice?

Yes, you can use any type of rice when cooking veggies and rice. However, some types of rice may have different cooking times and liquid ratios, so make sure to adjust accordingly. For example, brown rice may require more liquid and a longer cooking time compared to white rice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
purpleluvs3
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
Replies
Views
Christyinhi