• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with a Rice Cooker Plus: Ideas Beyond Rice, Potato & Veggies

In summary, the Rice Cooker Plus is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used to make a variety of dishes including soups, stews, oatmeal, quinoa, risotto, and even desserts like cakes and breads. It can also cook meats such as chicken, beef, and pork as long as they are cut into small pieces and enough liquid is added. The inner pot is non-stick and easy to clean, and the lid and accessories are dishwasher safe. The Rice Cooker Plus also comes with a steaming basket for steaming vegetables and other foods. Its capacity of 8 cups of cooked rice makes it ideal for cooking large quantities of food, making it perfect for gatherings and potlucks.
pamperdawn
I really like the Rice Cooker Plus but would love some other ideas for using it.
(Besides rice, potato & veggies)

It is great for anything that would normally boil over when cooked in the microwave (starches). I use it for grits (love my grits!) and oatmeal.

The rice cooker plus is great for storing veggies in the fridge. I had cut up some cauliflower and cucumbers for a veggie tray on Sunday and on the following Wednesday (okay so I don't eat the recommended 5 a day) they were still fresh! I was so dreading opening the RCP because I just knew the veggies were going to be rotten and stink, but they were just as fresh as 10 days before. There were no brown spots on the cauliflower and the cukes were still crispy. I also microwave my bake potatoes in the RCP-spray with a little Pam, sprinkle with PC Italian seasoning and microwave. My husband also takes leftovers inthe RCP. He likes the handle-easy to transport and fast to reheat and eat.

Thanks for the great ideas

I use it to make Easy Mac. It seems to cook it better than the microcooker.

1. What types of dishes can I make with the Rice Cooker Plus besides rice, potatoes, and veggies?

With the Rice Cooker Plus, you can make a variety of dishes including soups, stews, oatmeal, quinoa, risotto, and even desserts like cakes and breads.

2. Can I cook meat in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, you can cook meats such as chicken, beef, and pork in the Rice Cooker Plus. Just make sure to cut the meat into small pieces and add enough liquid for it to cook properly.

3. Is the Rice Cooker Plus easy to clean?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus is very easy to clean. The inner pot is non-stick and can be washed with soap and water. The lid and accessories are also dishwasher safe.

4. Can I use the Rice Cooker Plus to steam vegetables?

Absolutely! The Rice Cooker Plus comes with a steaming basket that can be used to steam vegetables, seafood, and other foods while your rice or other dishes are cooking below.

5. Can I use the Rice Cooker Plus for cooking large quantities of food?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus has a capacity of 8 cups of cooked rice, making it perfect for cooking large batches of food. You can also use it to keep food warm for gatherings or potlucks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jillmami
  • freetofly06
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
Replies