• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can You Cook in a Rice Cooker Plus?

In summary, there are many recipes available for the Rice Cooker Plus, including rice pudding, cornbread, and cake. Some recipes use pre-made mixes, while others require simple ingredients like eggs and milk. The cooking time may vary depending on the microwave, so it's important to check the food for doneness. Happy cooking!
TriciaAnn
I have been searching thru this web-site looking for information on things we could cook in the Rice Cooker Plus. I read that you cook rice ( of course), lava choclate cake, potatoes, and pumpkin bread. Is there anymore receipes out there and if so where are you guys getting them. I would love to have a file of recipes to use with the Rice Cooker Plus.

Looking for some help.... ;)

Tricia Ann :)

Rice PuddingSomeone posted this a few months ago:

Rice Pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus
3/4 c uncooked long grain white rice
2 1/2 cups water
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half
1 pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
1/2 tsp Korintje Cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Combine rice, water and salt in Rice Cooker Plus. Cover and microwave according to package directions.
In small batter bowl, combine milk half and half, pudding mix and cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using Stainless Steel Whisk.
Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids; lifting away from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using Classic Scraper. Serve warm.
Yield 8 servings

...and there was this one, tooI apologize to the authors of this and the previous message, I did not write the names down on the threads/files

Corn Bread
I used the Jiffy cornbread mix. I added exactly what it called for in the Rice
Cooker. I stirred it all up in the Rice Cooker & then let it set for 4 minutes.
Then, I baked it on high for 5 1/2 minutes. It came out great. You, of course,
will need to adjust times according to your microwave.

This was for the micro cooker, but I'm sure it works in the rice cooker as well:

3³ Eggs (a.k.a. 3-3-3 Eggs)
Crack 3 eggs into cooker. Add 1/3 cup milk and whisk. Put on lid, microwave for 3
minutes.

I got this recipe in an e-mail from my director, and other consultants in my cluster have had good luck with it. They suggested when you first take it out of the microwave to run a knife or scraper along the outside edge to make sure it's done. If only a little batter comes up it's done, if a good amount comes up pop it back in the microwave for 30 seconds, keep repeating until it's done.

Rice Cooker Cake - Halloween recipe

Make cake mix as directed
LIGHTLY spray rice cooker with kitchen spritzer
Pour cake mix into rice cooker
Scoop frosting onto TOP (some are using 2 or three scoops, some are using the whole can...depends on how ooey and gooey you want it!)
DO NOT STIR
Put on lid
Microwave for 7-9 minutes (7 for newer microwave, 9 for older)

When you turn it out, it the frosting will have sunk to the bottom and will cover the cake like a glaze.

Hi Tricia Ann,

I'm so glad to hear that you are interested in expanding your cooking repertoire with the Rice Cooker Plus! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I have also found the Rice Cooker Plus to be a versatile and convenient tool in the kitchen.

In addition to the recipes you mentioned, there are many more delicious and creative dishes that can be made in the Rice Cooker Plus. Some of my favorites include quinoa pilaf, chicken and vegetable stir fry, and even mac and cheese! I have found these recipes and many more through the Pampered Chef website and also by attending cooking shows and training events.

If you are looking for a comprehensive collection of recipes, I highly recommend the "Rice Cooker Plus Recipes" book from Pampered Chef. It includes over 50 recipes specifically designed for the Rice Cooker Plus, and is a great resource for anyone looking to get the most out of this handy kitchen tool.

I hope this helps, and happy cooking!

Best,

1. What is the capacity of the Rice Cooker Plus?

The Rice Cooker Plus has a 3 quart capacity, which is equivalent to about 6 cups of uncooked rice.

2. Can I use the Rice Cooker Plus for cooking other types of grains?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus can also be used for cooking other grains such as quinoa, couscous, and oatmeal.

3. Do you have any recipes specifically designed for the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes specifically created for the Rice Cooker Plus, including rice dishes, soups, stews, and even desserts.

4. Is the Rice Cooker Plus dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, we recommend hand washing for longer lasting use.

5. Can I cook meat in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus can be used to cook meat, but it is important to follow the recommended cooking times and temperatures in the recipe to ensure the meat is fully cooked and safe to eat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
purpleluvs3
  • jbachen
  • Products and Tips
Replies