1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rice cooker plus recipe

1. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

a day or two ago I was browsing through the threads about the deep covered baker and ran across a recipe for rice a roni using two packages of rice in the rice cooker. I think it was one of the threads about the DCB sets, because it had DCB recipes too.

I failed to either copy or subscribe to the thread and now I can't find any of the recipes!!! :eek:

can someone PLEASE point me to the thread so I can get the DCB as well as the rice a roni recipes???

thanks in advance!!!

Sep 21, 2009
  2. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

Does anyone know the recipe or thread?

Sep 22, 2009
  3. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

Was it this one?
    Moroccan Fried Rice

2 Boxes Rice-A-Roni Fried Rice
    2 Tbsp. Moroccan Rub
    1 Tbsp. Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce
    1 1/2 lbs of Boneless Skinless Chicken
    1 Small Red Onion
    1 Red/Yellow/or Orange Sweet Pepper
    1 Cup of Snow Peas

In Deep Covered Baker, place chicken. Spread Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce onto chicken. Then sprinkle 1 tbsp of rub onto chicken.
    Optional - Slice Onion and Peppers. Add Snow Peas to baker or Grill in Grill PAN. When adding to grill pan add 1 tbsp of Garlic Infused Canola Oil.
    Place Baker, covered in Micro Wave for 14 minutes. Cook the same time even if you add veggies.
    To cook rice, place Rice-A-Roni in Rice Cooker Plus. Add both boxes and 1tbsp of oil or butter. Cook in microwave uncovered for 1 min. Remove and stir and place again in Microwave uncovered for 1 additional minute.
    Remove; add seasoning packets and 1 tbsp of Moroccan rub. Add 4 cups of water. Place lid on Rice Cooker Plus place cooker in microwave for 11 min.
    Chop chicken and mix in rice

Sep 22, 2009
Have something to add?