• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Sushi-Grade Sticky Rice in a Rice Cooker Plus?

In summary, to make sticky rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker, you need to rinse the rice, add it to the cooker with water, and fluff it with a bamboo paddle. This cooker can be used to make various types of sticky rice and can also cook other dishes like quinoa and soups. The cooking time varies, but on average it takes 20 minutes. Cleaning is easy, as the inner pot and lid are dishwasher safe and the non-stick coating makes it easy to wipe off residue.
NewDirectorKaren
"Does the Rice Cooker Plus make rice sticky enough for making Sushi?" I've had a customer ask me this question. I don't eat Sushi and haven't made any rice in my cooker that was not instant? Anyone???

I've never tried making sticky rice in our Rice Cooker. In order to use the Rice Cooker I always tell people to follow the instructions on their rice for making it in the microwave. Sticky rice (or sushi rice) is a particular type of rice and uses a slightly different cooking method than regular rice. I've never seen microwave directions for it.

We just add a little more water than it calls for and cook it a little longer for sticky rice.

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker to make sticky rice?

To make sticky rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker, first rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Then, add the rice and water to the cooker according to the instructions. Once the rice is cooked, use the included bamboo paddle to gently mix and fluff the rice, creating a sticky texture.

2. Can I make different types of sticky rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker can be used to make different types of sticky rice, such as sushi rice, jasmine rice, and sweet rice. Just make sure to follow the recommended water-to-rice ratio for each type of rice.

3. How long does it take to make sticky rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?

The cooking time for sticky rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker varies depending on the type of rice and quantity being cooked. On average, it takes about 20 minutes to cook sticky rice in the cooker.

4. Can I make other dishes besides rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker can also be used to cook other dishes such as quinoa, oatmeal, and soups. It can also be used as a steamer for vegetables and fish.

5. Is the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker easy to clean?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker is designed for easy cleaning. The inner pot and lid are dishwasher safe, and the non-stick coating makes it easy to wipe off any remaining residue. Just make sure to clean it immediately after use for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies