• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Chicken Cooking with a Rice Cooker: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the rice cooker uses steam to cook chicken, which results in evenly cooked and moist chicken. Other types of meat such as fish or pork can also be cooked in the rice cooker, with adjusted cooking time. The cooking time for chicken in the rice cooker varies depending on its size and thickness, but generally takes 20-30 minutes. It is safe to cook chicken in a rice cooker as long as it reaches a temperature of 165°F (74°C). Vegetables can also be added to the rice cooker while cooking chicken, as long as they are cut into smaller pieces for even cooking.
chefsteph07
Has anyone used the rice cooker to cook up a couple chicken breasts? I have a host whose microwave won't fit the baker and I would like to cook some chicken up quick for the chicken/broccoli braid tonight...I know you can do it in the microcooker, but how long for the rice cooker?

chefsteph07 said:
Has anyone used the rice cooker to cook up a couple chicken breasts? I have a host whose microwave won't fit the baker and I would like to cook some chicken up quick for the chicken/broccoli braid tonight...I know you can do it in the microcooker, but how long for the rice cooker?
I've used it, but the chicken was in broth. I was making chicken soup in the rice cooker. The chicken breast was frozen, and in the broth it took 14 minutes.

So maybe for unfrozen chicken w/o broth 10 min?

chefsteph07 said:
So maybe for unfrozen chicken w/o broth 10 min?

That sounds about right. I'm not sure if you need the broth, but that's just the way I've done it.

I do it in the large microcooker occassionally. Start with 8 mins and then check with the thermometer.

DebbieJ said:
I do it in the large microcooker occassionally. Start with 8 mins and then check with the thermometer.

I know, I thought about the microcooker, but since the rice cooker is a bit more, I thought I would use that...thanks for the advice. I would experiment and do it myself today but I am out of chicken! :)

Another option is the Executive Skillet (I have the 10"), with the lid. I just put the chicken in, add seasoning if desired, and cook for a few minutes. No water, no oil, no broth, and no turning required!! I love the Executive Cookware!

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have definitely used the rice cooker to cook chicken breasts before. It's a great way to quickly and easily cook up some protein for a meal. The best part is that you can add in some rice or other grains to cook at the same time, making it a one-pot meal.To cook chicken breasts in a rice cooker, I recommend using boneless, skinless breasts and cutting them into smaller, evenly sized pieces. This will ensure that they cook quickly and evenly. You can also marinate the chicken beforehand for added flavor.As for timing, it really depends on the size of your chicken pieces and the type of rice cooker you have. I would start with 12-15 minutes on the "white rice" setting and check the chicken for doneness. If it needs more time, you can always add a few extra minutes.I hope this helps and that your chicken/broccoli braid turns out delicious! Happy cooking!

1. How does the rice cooker cook chicken?

The rice cooker uses steam to cook the chicken. The steam circulates around the chicken, cooking it evenly and keeping it moist.

2. Can I cook other types of meat in the rice cooker?

Yes, you can cook other types of meat such as fish or pork in the rice cooker. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. How long does it take to cook chicken in the rice cooker?

The cooking time depends on the size and thickness of the chicken. Generally, it takes about 20-30 minutes to cook chicken in the rice cooker.

4. Is it safe to cook chicken in a rice cooker?

Yes, it is safe to cook chicken in a rice cooker as long as the chicken is cooked to the proper temperature of 165°F (74°C).

5. Can I add vegetables to the rice cooker while cooking chicken?

Yes, you can add vegetables to the rice cooker along with the chicken. Just make sure to cut them into smaller pieces so they cook evenly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • sassypip
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • PChefPEI