• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice Cooker Cake Recipe: Success or Flop?

In summary, the conversation was about a cake recipe made in a rice cooker that did not turn out well for one person. The recipe involves pouring cake mix into a rice cooker, adding frosting on top, and microwaving it for 7-9 minutes. Some tips for success include lightly spraying the rice cooker, using the recommended microwave time, using a toothpick to check for doneness, and letting the cake cool before turning it out.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Has anyone tried the cake recipe that is made in the Rice Cooker? I tried it today and it was a BIG flop. :( It sounded so great but I microwaved it the full 9 minutes....let it set for 5 min...cake tester came out clean, several times...and when I turned it out on a plate, unbaked cake batter oozed all over the place!! At least half the cake was uncooked. It was terrible. This is such a great idea I want to hear from anyone that tried it and it worked!

Here is the recipe if you haven't seen it yet.

Make cake mix as directed
LIGHTLY spray rice cooker with kitchen spritzer
Pour cake into rice cooker
Scoop frosting onto TOP (some are using 2 or three scoops, some are using the whole can...depends on how ooey and gooey you want it!)
DO NOT STIR
Put on lid
Microwave for 7-9 minutes (7 for newer microwave, 9 for older)

When you turn it out, it the frosting will have sunk to the bottom and will cover the cake like a glaze.

There is already a post started (you'll have to do a search) about the Rice Cooker cakes and many consultant's results posted, both good and bad.

I haven't tried it yet. One tip about the cake tester, you may want to run a green scrubbing pad on it to rough it up. This will create scarring and help the cake to cling to the tester when it is not done.

I had the problem with the tester coming out clean when I first got it. I figured it may be too smooth and the batter cannot hold onto it.

I hope I helped

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your cake didn't turn out as expected. I have tried this recipe before and have had success with it, but I have a few tips that might help. First, make sure to lightly spray the rice cooker with a kitchen spritzer, as mentioned in the recipe. This will prevent the cake from sticking and help it cook evenly. Also, make sure to use the recommended microwave time for your specific microwave. Every microwave is different, so the times may vary. Additionally, you can try using a toothpick to check for doneness instead of a cake tester. Sometimes the cake tester can come out clean even if the cake isn't fully cooked. And lastly, make sure to let the cake cool for a few minutes before turning it out onto a plate. This will help the cake set and prevent any oozing. I hope these tips help and that you give the recipe another try! It really is a delicious and easy dessert. Happy cooking!

What ingredients do I need for the rice cooker cake recipe?

To make a rice cooker cake, you will need: 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of salt, 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, ½ cup of melted butter, and any additional mix-ins or toppings of your choice.

Do I need a special type of rice cooker for this recipe?

No, you can use any standard rice cooker for this recipe. Just make sure it has a non-stick coating and can hold at least 6 cups of liquid.

Can I substitute any ingredients in the rice cooker cake recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions for dietary restrictions or personal preferences. For example, you can use gluten-free flour, alternative sweeteners, or dairy-free milk. However, the texture and taste may vary from the original recipe.

How do I adjust the cooking time for my rice cooker?

The cooking time may vary depending on the type and brand of your rice cooker. It is best to follow the instructions in your specific rice cooker manual. Generally, the cake should be cooked on the "cake" or "bake" setting for about 45-60 minutes. You can also check the cake's doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center – if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

Can I use the rice cooker cake recipe for other types of cake?

Yes, you can use this recipe as a base for other types of cakes, such as chocolate, lemon, or carrot cake. You can also experiment with different mix-ins and toppings to create your own unique flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fifiplc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • taterbug
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smstrks
Replies