• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cake & Burger Cooking: Microwave Rice Cooker Craft Fair Questions

In summary, the woman said that she had done a cake in the micro cooker and the consultant made a cake in the microwave. The demo also consisted of browning hamburger in the rice cooker. The woman said that she had tried it and it was perfect. She had been serving it hot, she hadn't tried inverting it. She had been calling it "hot fudge cake". She used devil's food and chocolate fudge frosting. The leftovers were just as good cold.
Hazelnut cakeI think the hazelnut cake is amazing too, but I had trouble getting the nuts on the side. Anyone else have this trouble?

Tina

Rice Cooker CakeThis cake is SO easy and your guests will be amazed! You can do it one of two ways; mix the cake as on the box in your batter bowl, use your medium or large scoop to plop a few (4 is usually enough) scoops-full of pre-made frosting, then pour cake batter into the rice cooker. Add the lid (but I don't use the CLEAR lid), and microwave MAX of 9 minutes; test it with your cake tester in case your hosts' microwave isn't very strong, and microwaves with a turning plate make a difference, too.
The other way is to mix the cake in the rice cooker, as box directions say, THEN add your plops of icing . . . . .
I prefer putting icing in first as then when you "dump" it out onto a SA plate, the icing ends up on TOP. Make sure you invert the cake onto a plate with "edges" as it is gooey. My cluster refers to it as "lava cake". Makes a GREAT quick dessert . . . . . .

you can mix the cake in the rice cooker and add the frosting on top. It will melt and sink to the bottom while the cake cooks on top. When you invert the cake, the frosting is melted on the top and running down the sides!

Can this be done in something other than the rice cooker? I have the large micro cooker and the batter bowl, but no rice cooker. I would love to try it!

Rice cooker cakeI acually have made this at a couple parties and it has been a big hit. I actually tried a pineapple cake mix and put 4 scoops of store bought cream cheese frosting in it...yummy!

You could probably do it in the batter bowl, just make sure to leave room for it to expand and don't put on the lid. All of our stoneware is also microwaveable, so you could do it in a deep dish baker, fluted pan, pie plate, etc.

Cookie said:
I was doing a demo of this cake at an open house and another vendor told me that you can do the same thing with using cherry pie filling instead of the frosting. I tried it and it was a great gloppy mess! :eek: I won't repeat what my daughter said it looked like. But I agreed. Yuk!

I have did this many times and my cake has always turned out. I have did it with apple pie filling as well.

I'm with Nancy, I have all of the same items but not the rice cooker, guess I know what I'll be ordering next. This sounds so easy and what a quick way to sell something!

I have done it in the batter bowl several times. I make the cake mix as said and put 3 small scoops of frosting in. Put it in for 10 min and check to see if it’s done. I love it. I have done it several times for open my open house.

What a great way to demo the small batter bowl and get people to up their orders!

We call this a molten lava cake!! You prepare the cake mix using the
instructions on the box. You can even mix it right in the rice cooker.
Drop 4 scoops of icing into prepared cake mix. Microwave for 8 min.
Invert onto serving plate. The icing is hot and bubbly. Thus the name molten
lava. It is delicious and very impressive at a show. Serve with ice cream.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefsteph07
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • magentablue