• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cake & Burger Cooking: Microwave Rice Cooker Craft Fair Questions

In summary, the woman said that she had done a cake in the micro cooker and the consultant made a cake in the microwave. The demo also consisted of browning hamburger in the rice cooker. The woman said that she had tried it and it was perfect. She had been serving it hot, she hadn't tried inverting it. She had been calling it "hot fudge cake". She used devil's food and chocolate fudge frosting. The leftovers were just as good cold.
mypamperedmoocow said:
WOW! Sounds like this cake thing can be PC's newest selling point on a product! It could really take off! I have an Open House on Saturday and there is no stove/oven in the conference room that I'll be using, but I think there is a microwave.

This is so true. I can not tell you how many stoneware Fluted pans I have sold because of this recipe. Basically its the same recipe, you just use the Fluted pan and a whole tub of frosting. Everytime I have a mystery hostess, someone will bring that and I sell that pan like crazy. Word gets out at almost every show I do. It

I made the warm chocolate hazelnut cake (spring/summer 06 SB pg.29) and it was wonderful. Moist and delicious. It will be a hit at my spring shows. I followed the directions and it came out perfect as PC recipes usually do :)

cake in rice cooker plusIn the new Seasons Best on p. 29 there is a recipe for Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake that is designed for the rice cooker plus. Haven't tried it yet but sounds delicious. :D

Susan
Moore, OK

It's WonderfulJenna,

I made the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut cake last weekend for a family dinner and everyone raved about it and were amazed that I cooked it in the microwave!

cakePlease tell me more about making this cake in the rice cooker plus. Do you just follow the cake mix directions? How long do you cook it? What size of scoop for the frosting do you use? Thanks for the information. :confused:

Susan A.
Moore, OK

Microwave cakeMix the cake according to directions. I use small scoop to add 1/2 can of frosting. Then bake 8-12 minutes covered in microwave. :D

Looking for another recipe ...My first show is going to be Mexican theme. I am thinking of doing a taco ring, preparing a simple dip or salsa and I want to do a microwave cake. I read somewhere on here that they had a recipe for a Microwave Strawberry Margarita cake. I'd love to cook this in the rice cooker.

Does anyone have the recipe?

Strawberry Margarita CakeI think I have this micro recipe at home. I will look tonight and email it to you and post it here.

want to make sure I'm clear....If this works out, I want to do this at every show. Bring the ingredients and make the cake as my treat to the host (since they will buy the ingredients for the first recipe). BUT, I have a couple of questions...

Lid or no lid?
If yes to the lid, with or without the plastic insert?
Spray the inside of the rice cooker with Pam or Bake Ease?
9 minutes on a carosel (sp?) microwave? What about older microwaves?
Has anyone taken note of the wattage of their microwave? Might be easier to dedcide how long to cook...

thanks

Misty

Warm Chocolate Hazlenut CakeTaken directly from Season's Best Spring/Summer 2006

Use Rice Cooker Plus

1/2 cup whole hazlenuts, toasted, divided
1 container (13 ounces) chocolate hazlenut spread, divided (Nutella)
1 1/3 cups water
1/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix with pudding in the mix
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morses, coarsely grated
Vanilla ice cream and fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and red grapes (optional)

1) Place hazelnuts in Small Oval Baker; microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring after each 30 second intervals. Cool completely. Rub between damp paper towels to remove any loosened skins from hazlenuts; discard skins.

2) Lightly brush bottom and sides of Rice Cooker Plus with oil using Pastry Brush. Coarsely grate 1/4 cup of the hazelnuts into rice cooker using Deluxe Cheese Grater, turning rice cooker to coat completely. Allow excess grated nuts to evenly coat bottom; set aside.

3) Place 3/4 cup of the hazelnut spread in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until slightly melted. Gradually add water, whisking using Stainless Whisk. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Add cake mix and coarsely grated chocolate morsels; whisk until smooth.

4) Pour batter into prepared rice cooker. DO NOT COVER WITH LID. Microwave on HIGH 9-11 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (cake may appear slightly wet on top). Remove cake from microwave; let stand 5 minutes. Invert cake onto Simple Additions Medium Square. Place remaining hazlenut spread in Prep bowl and microwave on HIGH 10-15 seconds or until melted; drizzle over cake. Serve immediately with ice cream and/or fruit if desired. Yield 16 servings.

Cook's Tips:

This cake should only be baked in a microwave with a built in turntable.

For low wattage microwaves (less than 800 watts), do not check cake for doneness before 10 minutes.

This cake can also be microwaved in the Stoneware Fluted Pan. Microwave on HIGH 10-13 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Strawberry Margarita Cake
sailortena said:
My first show is going to be Mexican theme. I am thinking of doing a taco ring, preparing a simple dip or salsa and I want to do a microwave cake. I read somewhere on here that they had a recipe for a Microwave Strawberry Margarita cake. I'd love to cook this in the rice cooker.

Does anyone have the recipe?

Here is the recipe. I will email it to you also.

Strawberry Margarita Cake
· Vanilla Cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake MINUS ½ cup of water if there is a lot of juice from strawberries)
· Strawberry Kool-Aid unsweetened packet
· 1 small container THAWED frozen strawberries (can use fresh sliced strawberries)
· 1 lime (juice & zest)
· 1 container vanilla flavored frosting (can add food color)
· 1 tsp rum extract (optional)

Mix cake mix with oil/water, kool-aid, rum extract (optional), finely chopped lime zest; drop strawberries on top before baking, as they will sink thru the cake during baking;
Bake in oiled fluted stone in microwave for 11-13 minutes (top of cake should be done). When cool frost.

Mix lime juice and frosting to taste- add food color for fun.

Rice Cooker cakesThanks for posting this, sure does sound yummy :)

rice cooker/pressure cooker...:)I wondered when others would catch on to this. I've been thinking of this ever since I starting reading/hearing about the cakes/corn muffins, desserts in the rice cookers :)

mypamperedmoocow said:
The cakes made in the rice cooker plus should be quicker than the ones done in the stoneware. That's because the rice cooker is like a pressure cooker--enclosed and only vents the steam, so things cook faster in it. Kind of like when you boil water in a lidded pot versus an open pot--the heat stays inside instead of venting out into the open. The typical stoneware microwave cake takes 12-14 min. whereas the rice cooker cakes take about 9 min. I've made a couple of the stonewave microwave cakes in the rice cooker and they turned out great! About 9 min. is what works in my microwave with a turntable...yours may be more or less depending on the microwave and whether or not it has a turntable inside it or not. Hope that helps!

RememberIt is recommended that you not use the lid when baking a cake in the rice cooker.

I have done both
Sk8Mom209 said:
It is recommended that you not use the lid when baking a cake in the rice cooker.

I have done both! And it seems to me that the cakes turn out more moist when the lid is on! Just my 2 cents.

Does anyone know why it is recommended not to cover? :confused:

MaybeThe cake would be too moist and gummy with some of the different recipes. Also, I noticed when I used the lid, the cake rose into the lid and out the little hole and stuck. I was going to spray the lid the next time, but I make the new SB recipe and followed the directions and did not use the lid.

Microwave cakesOur new Season's Best shows how to make the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake in the Rice Cooker Plus. I have also cooked hamburger meat in the microcookers plenty a time. For 1 lb. of hamburger it takes about a total of 7mins. Cook 2 minutes, keep covered and drain, then mix. Microwave for 3 more minutes, drain and season meat. Then cook for the final 2 minutes and it comes out perfect!!

Cookie said:
I was doing a craft fair and this woman said she was at a show where the consultant made a cake in the microwave in a micro rice cooker. It had the frosting melted at the bottom like the one you make in the fluted pan. Then she served the cake in dishes and cooked hamburger meat in the rice cooker.
Has anyone ever done either of these things? What are the times? What do you use the burger for after it's cooked, a taco ring or do you make a burger and rice dish? Thanks.

too bigI don't use the lid for my cakes, mainly because it doesn't fit in my microwave. Might be a selling point, let your guests know that the cakes can be made with or without the lid. The rice cooker cake with the cake mix and icing, I've heard it called "lava cake" is pretty neat. I sold a couple of rice cookers to some busy working moms, they were so excited they could actually have dessert after dinner.

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake for Rice Cooker PlusI got this recipe and others from a consultant who uses her Rice Cooker Plus for all sorts of recipes. Here is her cake recipe:
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

One box of chocolate cake mix
ingredients to make the chocolate cake (from the back of the box)
One can of chocolate frosting

1. Empty cake mix and cake mix ingredients into Rice Cooker Plus and mix together.
2. Add ½ the can of frosting with Small Scoop.
3. Microwave for about 8-10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Microwave time may vary.
You can use any kind of cake mix and frosting, but chocolate is my favorite!

Here are some other recipes I received from her for the RCP:
•Use the Rice Cooker Plus for more than just rice. You can use it to make Macaroni and Cheese, steamed vegetables, soups, instant pasta and potatoes, pudding, oatmeal, cakes, just about anything without worrying about it boiling over the microwave and making a mess.
Rice
1C Rice OR Wild Rice
2C Water

1. Place rice and water in Rice Cooker Plus. Attach both lids.
2. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
3. Microwave on medium power for 15-18 minutes.
To make more rice, simply double or triple the water and the rice amounts. This rice cooker can easily make up to 3 cups of rice!

Creamy Rice Pudding
¾ cup uncooked long grain white rice
½ tsp Pantry Korintji Cinnamon
2 ½ cups water
1 cup half and half
¼ tsp salt
½ cup raisins (optional)
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 cup milk
1. Combine rice, water and salt in Rice Cooker Plus. Cover and microwave for 15 minutes on medium and 10 minutes on high. Allow rice to stand for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in Small Batter Bowl, combine milk, half and half, pudding mix and cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using Stainless Steel Whisk.
3. Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids, lifting away from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using Classic Scraper. Makes 8 servings.
4. ENJOY!!!! I think it’s served better hot, but try it both ways!

Quick Rice Pudding
1 tsp. flavoring
1 c. instant rice
1/4 tsp. salt
3 1/2 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 c. raisins
Dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.

Place in the Rice Cooker Plus: Microwave for 9 minutes. Allow to set 2-3 minutes after removing from oven.

Bachelor’s Rice Bowl
1 1/2 c. water
1 c. med. or long grain rice
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. diced carrot
1/4 c. diced sweet potato
1/4 c. fresh peas, fresh lima beans or diced jicama
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. salt

Put vegetable oil in bottom of Rice Cooker Plus. Add salt. Then pour in rice and other ingredients except water. Stir dry mixture thoroughly, then add water. Cook for 15 minutes in microwave oven on high setting. 3 or 4 servings - 250 calories per serving.

Creamy One Pot Mashed Potatoes
**Uses the same amounts of potatoes, milk, and butter as your regular mashed potatoes!**

1. Peel and slice/cube potatoes as usual. Place in Rice Cooker Plus.
2. Add butter. (amount depends on your taste and the amount of spuds you use)
3. Add enough milk so that half of the potatoes are covered.
4. Microwave until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
5. Mash with potato masher. Add more milk or butter if needed. Add salt/pepper/seasoning to taste.

Variations: Add 1-2 whole, peeled garlic cloves to peeled and cubed potatoes and cook as recipe directs. Add sour cream with seasonings.

Mashed potatoes are yummy!

Use the Ultimate Slice N Grate to slice potatoes and place them in the cooker. Fill about half way for a family of 4. Pour chicken, veggie stock, OR water over potatoes until almost covered. Put in the microwave about 10 minutes. Depending on the microwave, you may need to cook longer.

Mash potatoes by draining off stock into the Easy Read Measuring Cup. Add light margarine and begin to mash them adding small amounts of stock to get the mashed potatoes into the correct consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.

If you are not worried about your hips  add butter and milk. If you like them whipped, you can do it right in the bowl.
OPTIONS: Add freshly minced garlic, grated parmesan cheese from the micro plane, or even cheddar cheese from the cheese grater. You can go all out and add some sour cream too!

Another thing that is too delicious... take 2 cups of chicken stock and add 1/2 to 1 packet of Lipton Savory Herb and Garlic soup mix to the stock and then pour it over the potatoes. If it doesn't cover it, add more stock or water.

Middle Eastern Rice & Lentils
3/4 c. coarsely chopped onion
1 T. favorite sauté liquid
3 1/2 c. broth or 3 1/2 c. water + 1 t. salt
3/4 c. uncooked rice
1/2 c. dried lentils, rinsed and picked over
1 c. diced, peeled baking potato
3/4 c. diced, peeled carrot
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 t. ground black pepper
1/2 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/8 t. ground cloves
1 c. diced red bell pepper
3/4 c. frozen green peas

1. In Rice Cooker Plus combine onion and sauté liquid. Microwave uncovered for 2-3 minutes, stirring once, until crisp-tender.

2. Add broth/water, rice, lentils, potato, carrot, raisins and spices. Cover with lid or vented plastic wrap. Micro on High for 18-20 minutes, stirring 3 times, until rice and lentils are almost tender (took longer for lentils).

3. Stir in bell pepper and peas. Cover and micro for 3-5 minutes more, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice and lentils are tender. Let stand on heatproof surface for 5 minutes before serving

Savory Vegetable Rice Pilaf
8 ounces sliced mushrooms (2 cups)
1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter/margarine
2 ¼ cups chicken broth
1 cup uncooked converted white rice
1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
¼ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine mushrooms, onion and butter in Rice Cooker Plus. Microwave uncovered on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.
2. Add chicken broth and rice. Cover and microwave according to package directions, carefully following recommended power levels and cooking times.
3. Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids, lifting away from you. Gently stir in peas and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon rice into bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Other Ideas: ramen noodles
 heat pie filling to make pies bake more quickly
 combine 1 pound cooked meat and favorite sauce (manwich, spaghetti, alfredo, etc) to heat quickly
 minute rice (use 50/50 water and rice, cook about 5 minutes, let sit 5-10 minutes – check microwave directions on box)
 noodle-roni mixes
 rice-a-roni mixes
 mac n cheese
 heat soups

I have started doing the Rice Cooker cake at my shows, I bring the box mix and frosting and do it just as a little extra bonus. At my last show I had 15 people there and 12 bought the Rice Cooker...woohoo, that added almost $240 to my total. I absolutely love doing the cake at the shows and so do my guests.

Rice Cooker Plus at shows..I had actually thought about doing this too. However was quickly reminded that everyone's microwave is different and this could be tricky as well.

Glad it worked well for you too.

Liz

soonerchef said:
I have started doing the Rice Cooker cake at my shows, I bring the box mix and frosting and do it just as a little extra bonus. At my last show I had 15 people there and 12 bought the Rice Cooker...woohoo, that added almost $240 to my total. I absolutely love doing the cake at the shows and so do my guests.

Missing IngredientQuick Rice Pudding
1 tsp. flavoring
1 c. instant rice
1/4 tsp. salt
3 1/2 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 c. raisins
Dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.

Place in the Rice Cooker Plus: Microwave for 9 minutes. Allow to set 2-3 minutes after removing from oven.

Does anyone know the amount of liquid for this recipe? I have this in my rice cooker book and this is exactly how it is in there (posted on here). I'm sure it needs liquid? :confused:

Here is the recipe that I believe as posted in an KC issue. I know it came from something PC! :rolleyes:

My family loves it!! :p

Lee Anne

Attachments

• CREAMY RICE PUDDING.doc
    20 KB · Views: 491
5 years ago I was at a PC Show and the consultant talked about doing a cake in the mico cooker. I used it as a selling point last week..... What a coinkidink!!
Now I have to try it!!

Chocolate Lava CakeI have done it and it is AMAZING. I mix the cake mix right in the rice cooker (truly a one bowl cake). The put 6-7 medium scoops of frosting in the cooker on top of the mix. As it cooks the frosting falls to the bottom. Put the lid on top and lock it. Microwave for 10-12 minutes. Invert the cake onto a Lg square simple additions plate. The frosting runs down the cake like LAVA!

I have been buying the ingredents myself and making it at my shows. Guests are amazed that it really works. I bought cake mix at Safeway last week they were on sale 10 for $10 and the frosting was 2 for $3. For $2.50 I sold 4 rice cookers ($76 - 2.5 = $73.50) I would say that is worth it!!! ;)

Great idea for summer birthdays or BBQ's. No need to turn on your oven :D

Rice Cooker CakeThis cake is amazing. It is in the Seasons Best Spring/Summer 2006
Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake. I have made it and than served it on the celebrate plate and it looks and tastes amazing. :)

Rice cooker cakeThe cake is called Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake and can be found in the Spring/Summer Season's Best 2006. It is oh so good! I'd say it takes about 20 minutes to have the cake completely done from start to finish and ready to eat. This recipe is fast, easy, and delicious! No kidding! :)

Last edited:
rice cooker cakes...I'm not big on too sweet of stuff, I usually can eat plain cake, without frosting. So if I use cake with pudding in it, will that work without any frosting added to it???

I'm looking now for the Margarita cake as I'd like to try that.

ps: Even though I don't like super sweet stuff, the two times I bought Nutella (choc hazelnut spread) I ate it right out of the jar and within 2 days ate the whole thing :(

thanks in advance

micro cakeYes, the directions call for cake mix with pudding mixed in it. The nutella is mixed in the cake mix and used on it. No actual frosting used or required. It is sweet but not too sweet. ;)

I made the warm hazelnut cake in the rice cooker at my show yesterday. I freaked when I got to the hosts home, because I forgot to ask her if her mico-wave had a turntable during my coaching calls, and this one did not. The recipe said it should only be made in micro-wave with turntable. We went ahead and tried it, with the host turning the cake every 30 seconds ( I think it is safe to turn every minute) and it worked just fine.

photochef said:
the cakes can be made with or without the lid.

If the cakes can be cooked in the micro without the lid and still come out yummy, can the same be done with the classic batter bowl? I want dessert tonight without using my oven, and this sounds SOO uber yummy (and easy) to do! If I can't do this, I might go for the 1 minute mini brownie sundaes from another post.. I've been craving those ever since I read about 'em! TIA, Amanda.

Give it a tryI would try it Amanda. Just make sure you spray your bowl evenly. The warm hazelnut cake is made without a lid and all of the fluted stone doesn't even have a lid. So I say why not?

If you do try it, let us know how it comes out

Rice CookerOk ladies, I tried the 9 minute cake in the rice cooker and the taste was fine. The appearence was a totally different story. I tried it two different ways. First, I mixed everything in the rice cooker and then dropped the frosting on top and cooked it 9 minutes with the top on. Looked nasty. Then I put the frosting in the bottom and mixed with cake mix with a mixer and poured it over the frosting and left the top off. When in inverted it, it was lopsided and it shrunk. I could've served it as some sort of molten fudge surprise it guess. Like I said the taste was great. I actually took this to my directors meeting as a what not to do. Ok what did I do wrong? Need help with this one.

What flavor combination did you use for your cakes?

rice cookerFirst time it was yellow cake second time devil's food

I prefer a chocolate-chocolate combination. I used Duncan Hines dark chocolate mix and a chocolate fudgy icing. It turned out great and tasted wonderful. (Cooked it with top on.)

I put shaved chocolate on top and raspberries for an added affect.

rice cookerWell I don't know what I did wrong. I tried it both ways and they both looked sad. My director suggested still doing it just calling it something else. Maybe serving with hot fudge and ice cream? Don't know. Thanks for your input.

defintely a molten lava cakeI did this for my spring kick off show. I underestimated big time the title molten lava. you defintely need a large platter (SA Large Platter) to put this puppy on. I don't have the large platter but I do have the SA Large Server Bowl. the cake tasted awesome but the top does look funky. So, i just say that is why it is called molten lava cake because it looks a bit like a volcano. i can't eat chocolate so i made it with vanilla cake and buttercream icing. Delicious!!!!!!!!!

To go with the volcano look of it i guess defintely do a chocolate cake and strawberry or cherry icing...hmmmm could be fun for a tropic theme party or show.

I think you did the recipe fine, it just looks funny I think.

rice cookerThanks Kirstine. I didn't think I was nuts, it looks like molten lava. I thought about trying the 12 minute cake in the rice cooker. Where you use pie filling in the mix. But then you still have to drizzle something on top. That one looks funky without something on top. Thanks again:)

Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
pamperedkristina said:
The cake is called Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake and can be found in the Spring/Summer Season's Best 2006. It is oh so good! I'd say it takes about 20 minutes to have the cake completely done from start to finish and ready to eat. This recipe is fast, easy, and delicious! No kidding! :)
I'll have to try it. I bought the ingredients to make it. Thanks.

Try it with the homemade whipped cream made iwth the double balloon whisk and the SS bowls! YUM YUM! My guests went crazy!

regular size cake mix?
BethCooks4U said:
I was intrigued by the idea of a cake in the rice cooker so I just tried it. I put 3 scoops of frosting in the bottom and then the prepared cake mix. Covered it and micorwaved on high for 9 minutes. The cake wasn't even touching the sides of the pan! I inverted it SOOOO easily onto a plate. The frosting drizzled down (I would use 4 medium scoops - I think 3 wasn't quite enough) and it is so moist and yummy! I had to try it hot! Once it cools I'll sprinkle powdered sugar or cocoa over it. My son suggested coconut - I hate coconut but if that what he wants...it'll keep me away from it. ;)

I LOVE to give multiple uses for our tools! Thanks for suggesting this!

I was just curious-do you use a regular size cake mix or a 9oz? I can't wait to try this out!:)

I use the regular size cake mix

ok, I've experimented with a few different mixes.

First, I use the rice cooker.
I made a butter recipe white cake with LEMON frosting.
different choc cakes (devils food, chocolate fudge etc) with choc frosting

it always comes out AMAZING
no matter which mix I use, I do that ahead and then add it to the cooker. Then I scoop 4 med scoops of frosting and cook 10 minutes. Let it stand and it will pop right out! I then top with powdered sugar. It's super moist & stays hot for a long time. I've sold a few rice cookers because of it and will keep demoing that for a long time.

Rice Cooker CakeAt our cluster meeting, I was asked to demonstrate one of the new recipes, and I cooked the Chocolate hazelnut cake. It was really easy and turned out picture perfect! I am baking one in the microwave as we speak for my family.

Angela

pchefinski said:
If the cakes can be cooked in the micro without the lid and still come out yummy, can the same be done with the classic batter bowl? I want dessert tonight without using my oven, and this sounds SOO uber yummy (and easy) to do! If I can't do this, I might go for the 1 minute mini brownie sundaes from another post.. I've been craving those ever since I read about 'em! TIA, Amanda.

Let me know how it turns out in the microwave. I had a guest who didn't want to eat anything out of plastic from the microwave, so she asked if it would work in the batter bowl.

Kim McCumbers said:
Ok ladies, I tried the 9 minute cake in the rice cooker and the taste was fine. The appearence was a totally different story. I tried it two different ways. First, I mixed everything in the rice cooker and then dropped the frosting on top and cooked it 9 minutes with the top on. Looked nasty. Then I put the frosting in the bottom and mixed with cake mix with a mixer and poured it over the frosting and left the top off. When in inverted it, it was lopsided and it shrunk. I could've served it as some sort of molten fudge surprise it guess. Like I said the taste was great. I actually took this to my directors meeting as a what not to do. Ok what did I do wrong? Need help with this one.

I did this cake for the first time in a brand new microwave and it looked perfect. The following day I did it in a microwave probaly older than me. It looked horrible, but 7 out of 8 guests bought the rice cooker and they raved about it!

Rice Cooker RecipesGo to the link/request about Strawberry Margarita recipes, I don't know how to do it, or I would, and it has a book of recipes of things other than rice to make in the Rice Cooker, and Yes Cakes are one of them!!

HTH,

Lisa

someone actually posted that to me too....

I hope this is what you were thinking.

Attachments

• Rice Cooker Plus.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 830
Just made the chocolate lava cake in the microwave for a workplace show. It came out incredible! Everyone raved about it. I served it with vanilla ice cream, and I sold several rice cookers and even a few ice cream scoops too!My microwave at home was a little too powerful (the cake started exploding out of the lid at 5 1/2 minutes!), but the one at work was perfect. I think at home I'll cook it with the lid off, to see if that helps.I want to try a lemon cake next!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefsteph07
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • magentablue