• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfecting Brown Rice in Your Rice Cooker: Tips and Tricks from a Pro

In summary, the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used to make a variety of rice, including brown rice, white rice, basmati rice, jasmine rice, and quinoa. To make brown rice, simply add 1 cup of brown rice and 2 cups of water to the cooker and set the timer for 25 minutes. It can hold up to 3 cups of uncooked rice, which yields approximately 6 cups of cooked rice. It is recommended to rinse the rice before cooking for best results. Additionally, the cooker can also be used for steaming vegetables, cooking oatmeal, and making soups and stews.
Carol Waggoner
Gold Member
Hi everyone- I've had wonderful success with the rice cooker and white rice, however tonite for dinner I made brown rice and although followed directions it was undercooked. :(
Anyone with advice/ same experience? I don't want to promote this to cook both kinds at shows if it won't work as great. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Brown RiceI think it was in our Consultant Newsletter about brown rice. Yes, we can cook both in the rice cooker, but because brown rice still has that bran on the outside it will take longer to cook. Brown rice has a jacket of bran on making it healthier, but the jacket makes it require more cooking time.

Don't fret about it. Just keep experimenting with it, you'll get it worked out. :)

Have to cook it longerI also remembered seeing it in the KCN (March issue), and they do have a tip on cooking brown rice in the Rice Cooker. I don't know if you had already tried this, but it basically states that if there are no instructions on the package, then follow the instructions that come with the cooker but...

Instead of 15 min. at 50% power, 25-30 minutes will be needed.

Hope this helps~

Last edited:

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker to make brown rice?

To make brown rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker, simply add 1 cup of brown rice and 2 cups of water to the cooker. Close the lid and set the timer to 25 minutes. Once the timer goes off, let the rice sit in the cooker for an additional 5 minutes before opening the lid. Fluff the rice with a fork and it is ready to serve.

2. Can I cook other types of rice in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker can cook a variety of rice, including white rice, basmati rice, jasmine rice, and quinoa. Just follow the same steps as cooking brown rice, adjusting the cooking time as needed.

3. How much rice can the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker hold?

The Pampered Chef Rice Cooker can hold up to 3 cups of uncooked rice, which yields approximately 6 cups of cooked rice.

4. Do I need to rinse the rice before cooking it in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker?

It is recommended to rinse the rice before cooking it in the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker. This helps remove excess starch and improves the texture of the cooked rice.

5. Can I use the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker for other types of cooking?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker can also be used for steaming vegetables, cooking oatmeal, and making soups and stews. Refer to the instruction manual for specific measurements and cooking times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kitchenqueen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rwesterpchef
  • kreaser
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • ChefBeckyD