• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ribbon Pasta Without the Rock Crock

In summary, the best way to cook ribbon pasta without a Rock Crock is to use a large pot of boiling water with added salt and frequent stirring. The cooking time will vary, but it is recommended to follow the instructions on the pasta package. Using a Rock Crock can help prevent the pasta from sticking together and is suitable for all types of pasta, including long and short shapes.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So I was looking at this recipe. My host really wants it for her show.

However, I do not have a Rock Crock

So ... does this look doable in the small skillet and Deep Covered Baker?

She likes to do her shows in the living room so I can just send my host in the kitchen, or do the bacon in advance ...

http://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe_search/recipe.jsp?id=110873

Personally, I don't see why you couldn't use the DCB and a skillet for the steps, in place of the RC (I personally don't like the RC on the stove top...takes too long to heat up in my opinion, and I am TRYING to love it, just not so much on the stove).But I would do it with the DCB/skillet. And yes, I would precook the bacon ahead of time. Most folks can figure out how to saute bacon on their own. ;) I think the only reason I'd demo that step would be to SHOW them the RC in action. Otherwise, just tell them "cook your bacon in a skillet, or if you used our RockCroc- you could do ALL of this in one pot!" (then tell them you are working towards getting your RC at a discount or something.... a plug for hosting a show or the business. ;)

What do you think about using (and draining) regular bacon instead of turkey bacon?Just wondering because I made bacon tonight and had a very hard time cutting it into pieces raw. Of course, I tried to cut several pieces at once ...

What is the best way to cook ribbon pasta without a Rock Crock?

The best way to cook ribbon pasta without a Rock Crock is to use a large pot of boiling water. Make sure to add enough salt to the water for flavor. Stir the pasta frequently to prevent it from sticking together. Once the pasta is al dente, drain it and rinse it with cold water to stop the cooking process.

Can I use a different type of pot to cook my ribbon pasta?

Yes, you can use any large pot to cook your ribbon pasta. Just make sure it is big enough to hold the pasta without overcrowding. Also, remember to stir the pasta frequently to prevent it from sticking together.

How long does it take to cook ribbon pasta without a Rock Crock?

The cooking time for ribbon pasta without a Rock Crock will vary depending on the type and brand of pasta. Generally, it takes around 8-10 minutes for the pasta to become al dente. However, it is always best to follow the instructions on the pasta package for the most accurate cooking time.

What is the benefit of using a Rock Crock to cook ribbon pasta?

The Rock Crock is designed to evenly distribute heat, which can help prevent the pasta from sticking together and create a better texture. It also has a non-stick surface, making it easier to clean up after cooking the pasta.

Can I use the Rock Crock for other types of pasta besides ribbon pasta?

Yes, the Rock Crock can be used for cooking any type of pasta. It is especially useful for long, thin pasta like spaghetti or linguine, as it can help prevent these types of pasta from clumping together. However, it can also be used for shorter pasta shapes like penne or farfalle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies