• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Support a Cause with RFL Silent Auction Gift - Get Noticed and Give Back

In summary, Kate is a consultant who donated a batter bowl filled with products to a Relay For Life auction. She included a note thanking the winner and attached her business card.
AlowayFamily
Gold Member
I have been invited to submit a gift for a Relay For Life silent auction at our local bank. The auction will be on display for almost 2 weeks, so it will be a great way to help a great cause and get my name out there.

I would really appreciate suggestions on the best way to package the silent auction item (and what I should give away), as well as ways to get people to call me if they are interested in hosting a show or becoming a consultant. I don't want to take advantage of the RFL silent auction and appear too greedy.

Thanks!

I would definitely say put some of the pink items in the basket since it goes right along with the RFL mission.
Maybe on the front of your basket or "strategically" placed right inside the front with the products put your little note. You can say something like "Products donated by Pampered Chef Consultant.... w/all your information.

I donated a batter bowl filled with stuff and attached a note for the winner. Then note had the information about the products and a coupon for a free cooking show as well. I attached my business card, too.

I love the idea of the free cooking show - that will help go with the "donation" idea. Thanks Kate.

I don't have any pink products, as I am new, should I buy some?

You can get the Pink items on the supply order form and they are a dollar off and the $1 still goes to the ACS! I really like the clips and the bar board and have sold a lot of them! (So for I've actually sold $78 in just pink items!!)

I like the idea of the Free show, hopefully it will get you more out of your donation! The Seasons Best is always a good item to include and you can also put your info on it.

Thanks for the ideas - that is very helpful. I am going to look and see what products I have in my office that I can use. I also just checked the date of the silent auction and the items will be displayed for 3 and a half weeks!!! How great is that?!?

I am doing a HWC fundraiser at Curves, so I will look into buying the HWC items as well. Hopefully I will get them before the Curves show on May 15.

I did one of the RFL silent austions also. I donated a Rectangular Vanilla Glazed Baker and a Season's Best (with my stamp inside the front cover!). I included a note thanking them for their bid!

1. What is an Rfl Silent Auction?

An Rfl Silent Auction is an event where items are put up for bid, but instead of the traditional live auction where bids are called out, guests write their bids on a sheet of paper next to the item. At the end of the event, the highest bidder for each item wins the item.

2. How does the bidding process work?

Guests will be given a sheet of paper and a pen to write their bids on. They can bid on as many items as they want, and can also outbid previous bids by writing a higher amount. At the end of the event, the highest bidder for each item wins the item.

3. Can I bid on items if I am not present at the event?

Yes, you can still participate in the silent auction even if you are not present at the event. You can give your maximum bid amount to a friend or family member who will be attending, and they can bid on your behalf. If your bid is the highest at the end of the event, you will still win the item.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for bidding?

Yes, there will be rules and guidelines posted at the event. It is important to follow these guidelines to ensure a fair and successful auction. Some common rules may include minimum bid increments, no changing or removing bids once they are written, and a set end time for bidding.

5. How do I pay for items I have won at the Rfl Silent Auction?

Payment for items can be made at the event, typically through cash, check, or credit card. If you are not present at the event, arrangements can be made for payment and pickup of items. All proceeds from the silent auction will go towards the designated cause supported by Rfl.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AliiciaS
  • Stacys