• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reviving Stale Saltine Crackers - A Success Story!

In summary, to revive stale saltine crackers, you should bake them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes on a baking sheet. This method can also be used for saltine crackers that have been open for a long time. However, it is not recommended to use a microwave for this process as it can make the crackers soggy. Revived saltine crackers will stay fresh for 1-2 days if stored in an airtight container, but it is best to consume them as soon as possible. This method may work for some types of crackers, but it is best to consult the manufacturer's instructions for different varieties.
lt1jane
Gold Member
A while back I accidentally bought too many saltine crackers. Not a big deal, they are shelf stable so I took the extra boxes and put them on my storage sheves in the basement that I use for panty storage. My husband grabbed a box intending to eat them with some pickled herring only to find out they had gone stale. :( They tasted fine, but weren't crispy any more.

Instead of throwing them out, I spread them on a couple of stones. I then "baked" them at 250 degrees for 15 minutes. (I do not preheat my oven.) After 15 minutes I tested a cracker. They were crispy again.:) I left them in the oven until they cooled and put them in a ziplock bag.

I will definitely do this again in the future if I run into more crackers or chips that have gone stale. I'd rather resurrect stale food than throw it away.

You go girl! :D

Great idea! I hate wasting food too, so I'll have to remember this trick for stale crackers. I've also heard that you can put stale crackers in the microwave for a few seconds to revive them, but I've never tried it myself. Have you ever tried that method?

1. How do I revive stale saltine crackers?

To revive stale saltine crackers, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes. This will help remove excess moisture and restore crispness to the crackers.

2. Can I revive saltine crackers that have been open for a long time?

Yes, you can still revive saltine crackers that have been open for a long time. Follow the same method of placing them on a baking sheet and baking at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes.

3. Can I use a microwave to revive stale saltine crackers?

We do not recommend using a microwave to revive stale saltine crackers. This method can make the crackers soggy instead of crispy.

4. How long will revived saltine crackers stay fresh?

Revived saltine crackers will stay fresh for 1-2 days if stored in an airtight container. It is best to consume them as soon as possible for optimal freshness.

5. Can I use this method for other types of crackers?

This method can work for some types of crackers, but it may not be as effective for all varieties. It is best to check with the specific manufacturer's instructions for reviving different types of crackers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies