• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revision for Taco Touchdown Dip

In summary, the recipe for "Taco Touchdown Dip" includes refried beans, cream cheese, salsa, cheddar cheese, and taco seasoning. Substitutions can be made according to personal preferences or dietary restrictions. The dip can stay fresh for 3-5 days in the refrigerator and can be made ahead of time. It can be served with tortilla chips, veggies, as a topping, or as a spread for sandwiches or wraps. The full recipe can be found on the website or in the product catalog.
Happy Mom
I made this dip for my show last week and found that it was too salty even though I used "reduced sodium taco mix".

These are the changes I made: Since I used the 16 oz. can of refried beans, I doubled the amount of cream cheese to 2 (8oz. packages) and added another 1/4 cup of sour cream. I added a teaspoon of dried parsley for color and a touch of sweetness. This worksed well to cut the salty taste of the cream cheese mixture from the taco mix.

The guests at the show raved about the dip so I considered this a successful revision. I hope this helps other consultants who found the dip to be too salty.

I made this dip at my last show, but I did not find it too salty. Instead of taco mix, I used our Southwestern Seasoning Mix. I think it had a wonderful flavor and the guests ate every last bit of it.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the dip! I've had similar issues with dips being too salty in the past, so it's great to hear about your successful revision. The addition of cream cheese and sour cream sounds like it would not only cut the saltiness, but also add some creaminess to the dip. I'll definitely keep this in mind for future dips I make. Thanks again for the tip!

What is the recipe for the "Taco Touchdown Dip"?

The recipe for "Taco Touchdown Dip" includes refried beans, cream cheese, salsa, cheddar cheese, and taco seasoning. You can find the full recipe on our website or in our product catalog.

Can I make substitutions for ingredients in the "Taco Touchdown Dip"?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions for ingredients in the "Taco Touchdown Dip" according to your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. You can use black beans instead of refried beans, dairy-free cream cheese, or a different type of salsa.

How long does the "Taco Touchdown Dip" stay fresh?

The "Taco Touchdown Dip" can stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and give it a stir before serving again.

Can I make the "Taco Touchdown Dip" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the "Taco Touchdown Dip" ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve. Just make sure to give it a stir before serving to ensure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.

What are some serving suggestions for the "Taco Touchdown Dip"?

The "Taco Touchdown Dip" is delicious served with tortilla chips, sliced veggies, or even as a topping for tacos or burritos. You can also get creative and use it as a spread for sandwiches or wraps. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • jenniferlynne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Jholmes0904