• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried these delicious Steamed Wonton Purses with Ginger Wasabi sauce?

In summary, we loved these! So much so, that I made them again tonight. I added about 2 tsp of sugar to the turkey mixture - which gave them a teriyaki flavor. Then, because DS doesn't care for turkey, but loves crab rangoon, I decided to make some that way too. I used a block of cream cheese, 8 ounces of crab chopped fine, a large clove of garlic, and about 1 tsp of the Asian seasoning, and made them following the same technique. DS gave them 2 thumbs up.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
We loved these! So much so, that I made them again tonight.

The first time I made them, I made them exactly as written, other than I had to use cracker crumbs, because I didn't have bread crumbs. We had them with the Ginger Wasabi sauce. YUM!
They didn't take long at all - 15 minutes from start to finish, approximately. These would make a great appetizer show with a Drink in the Quick-Stir. Serve them on Bamboo and using the bamboo snack bowls for the dipping sauces.

Tonight, I did some experimenting. I added about 2 tsp of sugar to the turkey mixture - which gave them a teriyaki flavor. If I'd though ahead, I would have just used teriyaki sauce instead of soy sauce. They were very good that way too.
Then, because DS doesn't care for turkey, but loves crab rangoon, I decided to make some that way too. So, I used a block of cream cheese, 8 ounces of crab chopped fine, a large clove of garlic, and about 1 tsp of the Asian seasoning, and made them following the same technique. DS gave them 2 thumbs up.:thumbup::thumbup: They were really good, but I like the turkey ones better.

We had them tonight with Ginger-Wasabi sauce, and also Pineapple-Rum Sauce. DS & DH like the Pineapple Sauce best, but I am a Ginger-Wasabi fan!

I made them for superbowl and thought they were really good! I just want to try a different dipping sauce for them.

Thanks for the idea for the crab rangoon.;)

these are DELISH! I made mine in the mini muffin pan :)

I didn't like these. I wasn't a big fan of the wonton wrappers. They were sticky and weird! So then it was like eating a ball of meat by iteself.

We made these tonight for our team meeting. LOVED them! We just served them with the sauce that's made with the recipe since I didn't have the Ginger Wasabi sauce.

I'm wondering though Becky, my director and another teammate made them while we made other recipes and it took almost 1/2 an hour from start to finish and I had all tools and ingredients out but nothing prepped. She's a stickler on meat temps so by the time they got to 160 degrees and all were finished it was 28 minutes. Do you think maybe my thermometer doesn't work properly? She stated if she made them for a demo she'd cook the turkey first.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't cook the turkey first, unless you make the mixture, form it into meatballs, and then cook it. Just browning it loose would make the final product very different.Sounds like her thermometer is a little off, though. You can test it by putting it in a mug of boiling water. It should read 212˚F (100˚C).

kcjodih said:
We made these tonight for our team meeting. LOVED them! We just served them with the sauce that's made with the recipe since I didn't have the Ginger Wasabi sauce.

I'm wondering though Becky, my director and another teammate made them while we made other recipes and it took almost 1/2 an hour from start to finish and I had all tools and ingredients out but nothing prepped. She's a stickler on meat temps so by the time they got to 160 degrees and all were finished it was 28 minutes. Do you think maybe my thermometer doesn't work properly? She stated if she made them for a demo she'd cook the turkey first.

Thoughts?

I agree with Ann - I think her thermometer wasn't working right! If not that, then, she didn't have the temp right on her stove, and they weren't steaming correctly. OR - there was too much filling? I use a scant small scoop of filling for each wonton.
I also agree that you shouldn't cook the turkey first - that would be just..., well, weird!

I've made them 4 times now, and on 2 different stoves (one gas, and one flat top) and each time, it's been 7-8 minutes to steam them completely.

It also speeds it up if you have the water in the pan coming up to a boil while you're still prepping the dumplings. Then you'll have an accurate cook time, since you won't be waiting after you load the steamer. Kinda like pre-heating the oven.

chefann said:
It also speeds it up if you have the water in the pan coming up to a boil while you're still prepping the dumplings. Then you'll have an accurate cook time, since you won't be waiting after you load the steamer. Kinda like pre-heating the oven.

Yeah - I guess I just assumed that, but maybe that isn't what was happening! :)

Thanks for all your tips--now I am eager to try them!!

What ingredients are included in the Steamed Wonton Purses?

The Steamed Wonton Purses recipe calls for wonton wrappers, ground pork, cabbage, mushrooms, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil.

Do I need a special tool to make the Steamed Wonton Purses?

No, you do not need a special tool to make the Steamed Wonton Purses. A steamer basket or a large pot with a lid and a metal colander will work just fine.

How long does it take to steam the Wonton Purses?

The cooking time for the Steamed Wonton Purses will vary depending on the size of your steamer and the heat level. On average, it takes about 10-12 minutes to steam the wontons until they are fully cooked.

Can I make the Steamed Wonton Purses ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Steamed Wonton Purses ahead of time. After steaming, let them cool down completely and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat them in the microwave or steamer before serving.

Are there any substitutions for the pork filling in the Steamed Wonton Purses?

Yes, you can substitute the ground pork with ground chicken, turkey, or beef. You can also make a vegetarian version by using tofu or a mix of vegetables such as carrots, bell peppers, and water chestnuts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
ngrawer
Replies
Views
Admin Greg