• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Manual Food Processor by Pampered Chef worth the hype?

In summary, the speaker wanted to start a thread for actual reviews of the product, rather than talking about other aspects of it. They tried making salsa, tuna salad, and strawberry ice using the product and shared their verdict on each dish. They also mentioned trying to chop frozen strawberries and how it worked well. They concluded by saying that the product is a fun addition to their kitchen and would recommend it, giving it 4 out of 5 chef hats. They also requested that comments on the review be based on actual use rather than just empty opinions. Another person commented on their experience using the product to chop pineapple and vegetables, saying it worked well but could have some drawbacks.
As if we need any more ideas BUT, I grilled chicken tenderloins with the Greek Rub using the Grill pan and press. Served them with Tsatziki sauce made in the MFP.

Chop in the MFP: 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded; 1/2 medium sweet onion. Mix with 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice; 16 oz. plain, non-fat Greek yogurt; salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grilled chicken (and warm pita bread, if desired).

I did chop the cuke and onion separately. I love the MFP more than the chopper and mandoline combined!

And while I am "loving" -- the new microplane adjustable coarse grater will finally free me from pre-shredded cheeses. Hooray!​

I agree, I like my MPF waaaaaayyyyyy better than the UM and FC combined. The only reason I will still buy shredded cheese is that the 5-10# bags of preshredded are often cheaper per pound than bulk. I buy my shredded 5-10# at a time.

I used frozen mango and a little coconut milk in my mfp today to make mango sorbet. It was good, and a much healthier alternative to ice cream!

OMG, LeslieSGI, my husband has been looking for a decent tzatziki sauce for years! His experimenting got so bad, that when he'd try a new version every other week I almost had to go to the hospital at one point - we've got to try yours! :)

Did anyone make a new owner flyer for the Manual Food Processor? Customers seem to think it is great when I give them something extra like that.

Last edited:
I think I may have been converted to it from the FC...I did my onions with it the other night..I'd been resisting using it thinking it was more work than the FC, but I am wrong! I also did egg salad in it after Easter. Whole eggs plus mayo, etc....and only one thing to clean! Love it now

Has anyone tried making homemade butter in the MFP? IF it works, I thought it would be something fun to do at a show to spread on for little toast pieces....

frozenchef said:
OMG, LeslieSGI, my husband has been looking for a decent tzatziki sauce for years! His experimenting got so bad, that when he'd try a new version every other week I almost had to go to the hospital at one point - we've got to try yours! :)

here's my Tzatziki recipe (adjust to taste)
1 small tub of plain greek yogurt
1 clove of garlic pressed
2-3 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill
1 T Red wine vineagar
1/2 cucumber shredded and pressed (to get out excess water)
Bit of salt and white pepper

make sure to let it chill for an hour ish.. get's the flavors all yummy.
Double as needed :)

I'll have to try Leslie's too.. I've never made it with onion. :D sounds good!

Last edited:
For the 4th time, I have demo'ed the MFP and could not get the lid off. The host ran it under warm water and had to have her 20 year old son get it off- by wrapping it in a towel. Does this happen to anyone else? and how can I prevent this from happening?? The sad thing was, one guest at the show said she had come there to buy it, but when this happened , she changed her mind.:(

magentablue said:
I used frozen mango and a little coconut milk in my mfp today to make mango sorbet. It was good, and a much healthier alternative to ice cream!

Thank you for this idea..I might have to try this..I love Mango..I am on a diet right now..no choice if I want to fit into my wedding dress..LOL. But this will be a great treat for me this summer.

otisbg said:
For the 4th time, I have demo'ed the MFP and could not get the lid off. The host ran it under warm water and had to have her 20 year old son get it off- by wrapping it in a towel. Does this happen to anyone else? and how can I prevent this from happening?? The sad thing was, one guest at the show said she had come there to buy it, but when this happened , she changed her mind.:(

I have never had that happen. And I have used mine pretty often. I think there might be something wrong with your's. If I were you I would contact HO about getting a new one.

I just contacted HO about getting a new blade for mine. I was only mildly impressed with how well it cut things up - then I used my mom's and another customer's, and realized that there is just something wrong with my blade! I'm excited to get a new one!

otisbg said:

Actually that is a defect that the company knows about. The lid should not stick like that. Just call HO and do an adjustment. It is painless and they will send you a label to mail it back since it is something that they know is an issue.

I wish they would send an email or something! I had no idea and was trying to use mine at a show and was so completely embarrassed. I had to use a knife to pry the lid off! I have a second one and that one never stuck and is so flippin awesome! I sell them all the time at my shows. At least 1 a show most of the time more!! So, please replace it and fall in love with your's!!:love:

otisbg said:

That's not supposed to happen at all. Do an online adjustment or call. You'll get it replaced. I'd call that customer and let her know that you found out how it's not supposed to do that and that you are getting a free replacement. Many, MANY people are buying these and not having any issues. It's great that should there be one, we can call or go online and get things taken care of.

Thank you all! I just called and I am returning it and they are sending out a new one. Here I thought I was just a klutz!! Love you all!!:love:

I realize this is an old thread but as I was reading the directions today I had the thought that the Simple Slicer food holder ring would work well for shaping patties. Has anyone ever used it for that?

bumping...

TrudysOwn said:
I realize this is an old thread but as I was reading the directions today I had the thought that the Simple Slicer food holder ring would work well for shaping patties. Has anyone ever used it for that?
Patties of what, Trudy? I would not use mine for ground beef...but I have an OLD Tupperware set that I have used for about 20 years for shaping burgers to freeze.

glad you bumped, Deb. it is salsa making time ;)

<h2>1. How does the Manual Food Processor by Pampered Chef compare to using a regular food processor?</h2><p>The Manual Food Processor is not meant to replace a full-size food processor. It is smaller and has a different mechanism for processing food. However, it can still be a useful tool for chopping and blending smaller quantities of ingredients.</p><h2>2. Can the Manual Food Processor handle larger quantities of food?</h2><p>No, the Manual Food Processor has a capacity of three cups, so it is best for processing smaller amounts of ingredients.</p><h2>3. Is it easy to use and clean?</h2><p>Yes, the Manual Food Processor is very easy to use. The pump mechanism is smooth and efficient, and the parts are easy to assemble and disassemble for cleaning. However, some users have reported difficulty cleaning the blades thoroughly, so it may require some extra effort in that aspect.</p><h2>4. Can the Manual Food Processor handle a variety of ingredients?</h2><p>Yes, the Manual Food Processor can handle a variety of ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, and even some meats. However, it may have trouble with larger or harder ingredients, so it is best to cut them into smaller pieces before processing.</p><h2>5. Is it worth the investment?</h2><p>This ultimately depends on personal preference and needs. If you often prepare small quantities of ingredients and are looking for a compact and efficient tool, then the Manual Food Processor may be worth the investment. However, if you already have a full-size food processor that meets your needs, it may not be necessary to purchase the Manual Food Processor. It is best to consider your specific cooking habits and needs before making a decision.</p>

1. How does the Manual Food Processor by Pampered Chef compare to using a regular food processor?

The Manual Food Processor is not meant to replace a full-size food processor. It is smaller and has a different mechanism for processing food. However, it can still be a useful tool for chopping and blending smaller quantities of ingredients.

2. Can the Manual Food Processor handle larger quantities of food?

No, the Manual Food Processor has a capacity of three cups, so it is best for processing smaller amounts of ingredients.

3. Is it easy to use and clean?

Yes, the Manual Food Processor is very easy to use. The pump mechanism is smooth and efficient, and the parts are easy to assemble and disassemble for cleaning. However, some users have reported difficulty cleaning the blades thoroughly, so it may require some extra effort in that aspect.

4. Can the Manual Food Processor handle a variety of ingredients?

Yes, the Manual Food Processor can handle a variety of ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, and even some meats. However, it may have trouble with larger or harder ingredients, so it is best to cut them into smaller pieces before processing.

5. Is it worth the investment?

This ultimately depends on personal preference and needs. If you often prepare small quantities of ingredients and are looking for a compact and efficient tool, then the Manual Food Processor may be worth the investment. However, if you already have a full-size food processor that meets your needs, it may not be necessary to purchase the Manual Food Processor. It is best to consider your specific cooking habits and needs before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
StewartKerr
Replies