• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reversible Silicone Baking Mat

In summary, the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat is better than parchment paper because it is reusable, flexible, and has markings to help with placement. It is also dishwasher safe.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

Can someone tell me besides the cookie markings- why these are better than parchment paper?

Reusable, flexible. You can roll them up and they will (supposedly) always lay flat again (unlike parchment paper which always rolls back up on you!).Markings are on both sides, for even size and placement....and they correspond to our scoops. So use the small scoop for the smallest sizes, medium for medum sizes (which these two are on one side of the mat), then the large scoop for the big sizes which are on the reverse side of the mat .

Since they're reusable, they're a greener option than parchment and much more economical.

Does anyone know what size cookies the markings are for? (ie 1 in, 2 inch, etc)

They coordinate with the scoops that we sell. 1 1/4" (1 Tbsp); 1 1/2" (2 Tbsp); 2" (3 Tbsp)

What would you say about these in comparison to the Silpat, I imagine their main competition. They are half the size, :(.

I asked Test Kitchens about the difference between ours and Silpat and she said ours is dishwasher safe, reversible (with markings to help space things), and it will lay flat after being rolled up. The Silpat is supposed to be able to be rolled up, but she said they found that wasn't always the case. So you can definitely say ours is the best out there. :D

They are sized to fit our cookie sheet too.

Can these also be put on stoneware or just the metal cookie sheets?

Can not be used on metal sheet pans with sides......:(

Perhaps not on all size pans but there is no reason you can't on larger pans
thepartylady said:

thepartylady said:
Why? Or is it just that it is "too large" and the edges of the mat travel up the sides of the pan? If so, why would that not work - or is it not flexible enough?? When I use parchment, the piece goes up the sides many times!

Can somebody tell me please why these are better than just not using anything at all? I have never baked on parchment and am wondering if these are worth it. Would it really help my cookies stay moist?I also would like to know if they are pourous because I'm questioning how well nut oils would wash out of them.

I always use parchment for easy clean up, and you never have cookies stick. The mat is dishwasher safe, so that makes for even easier clean up because I never put metal baking pans in the dishwasher.

as far as being pourous. I have no idea.

I never put metal pans in the dishwasher either but also rarely have cookies stick. We bake sheet after sheet after sheet and never bother with anything on the sheet. I would need at least as many of these as I have pans to make it worthwhile.Then again, at 60 percent off I can't go wrong.

If you are spatially-challenged as I am, this product helps you to space the cookies at perfect intervals so none of them stick together and you don't have to move them around once you have half of them placed and you realize that they are either too close together or too far apart. I seriously do this pretty much any time I bake cookies. Sad, huh?Anyway, that's why I like this product!Shari in TX

What are the dimensions of the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat?

The Reversible Silicone Baking Mat measures 16.5 inches by 11.6 inches, making it the perfect size for standard baking sheets.

Can the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat be used in the oven?

Yes, the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat is oven-safe up to 480°F.

Is the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat easy to clean?

Absolutely! The non-stick surface of the mat makes it very easy to clean. Simply wipe it down with a damp cloth or rinse it with warm soapy water.

Can the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat be used for more than just baking?

Yes, the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat can also be used as a non-slip surface for rolling out dough or as a mat for cooling baked goods.

Is the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Admin Greg