• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Problem with Host's Check Returned

In summary, the host's check has been returned and they are unable to clear the debt. They are waiting for the bank to clear the check and then they will be able to reimburse the customer.
pamperedkay
Does anyone have a problem with a hosts' check being returned? This is my 2nd one in the 3 1/2 years of doing this. THe problem is they have their products but I'm stuck holding the bag. I don't keep that much in my account to cover things. No the past host won't answer my calls and I can't send anything via PP until this is cleared. I have to send anything in by money order. Which when the end of the month of coming its so much more difficult. The last time this happened I still after 2 years have not recooped it all. Any suggestions?? :confused: :confused:

I am not sure what the best advice here would be, but I'm curious...are you having the host give you one check for the entire show?

I always thought that was risky, and so I have each customer write the checks to me. Also, except on rare occasions when I have a repeat host or know the host well, I will not submit a show until I have all money in hand. It's just too risky, and like you, I don't keep much of a buffer in the account to cover any unpaid orders.

I usually do have the host give me one check just because alot of their outside orders write their checks to them. I have started on hosts that I'm not real sure about having each guest write their checks to me. That way if one bounces its only a small bit. I guess I'll have to start doing that on all. Its so discouraging!! :(

Kay,
I give this flyer to each of my hosts, kitchen or catalog, to help with outside orders. Maybe this will help!

Attachments

• addupordersheet2.doc
    20 KB · Views: 587
Rebecca , i love the tips flyer ! Iam going to use that if you dont mind !! It is great !! Thank you ! :)

Thanks Rebecca. I'll try using that. I'm ready to try anything or just give up. I don't want to do that because I love the businesstoo much. I'm ready for any suggestions. :rolleyes:

Is it a bounced check? Did they stick you with extra fees? I would think if that was the case then you would have to get the money from the host- its the host's check right? Can you go to her house and talk to her? Maybe you can send her a letter explaining the situation and show her how much money she owes you now. If she's not willing to pay for it I've heard of consultants taking some kind of legal action but I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing that. Normally I think hosts are embarassed and very willing to make amends. I know if it were me I would be bugging the host every day, yes bugging because I can't afford to take a big loss because of a dead beat hostess. I wouldn't be mean or rude or anything like that but I would definately make sure they know I'm not going to stop approaching them about it until they pay. I hope everything works out for you. I know that must be very frustrating.

I had one check come back and called the bank on the check and they had the money in so I ran to the bank to get it cashed. It was the only one in almost 4 years (knock on wood), but I do have the orders in checks made payable to me. The check I had was a customer so I also used the host to check up and get it resolved. Call the bank of were the check is drawn and ask them to see if there is enough funds in it to cover the check you have and want to cash. Then give them the info and they will say yes or not at this time. It can't hurt. (was in banking 20 years, Past life). Good Luck. ;)

bounced checkDo you have the returned check from the bank? If so, look to see what bank is on her check and go to her bank and cash it. That happend to me with a guest bounced a check on me. I got stuck with a $10.00 fee from my bank but at least I received my money back. GOOD LUCK!

I just had the same thing happen to me and it took about a month to finally get it cleared up. My advice is to have them make it to you and then go to their bank and cash it before you even submit their show. That is what I decided to do because once they have their stuff you really have nothing to hold back until they pay unless you decide to go after them legally; which IS an option. If I had not gotten my money, and I had ALOT, her order was $93 and my bank fees were $95 because her check bouncing caused three of mine to bounce, that is what i was going to do. I called her bank every day or two and as soon as they said funds were available I jumped in the car and ran to the bank and cashed her check. I was so mad because I felt like she was avoiding me. But if your bank has her check I would get it and call her bank daily until the money is there. They WILL tell you over the phone if she has the available funds. That way you arent wasting your gas running there every day or so. HTH

Hasn't happened yetBut I always have each guest make their check payable to me, not the host. And I always let guests know that I prefer payment via credit card - it's just to easy - nothing for me to do!

Good luck with your deadbeat host!

1. What should I do if a host's check has been returned?

If a host's check has been returned, the first step is to reach out to the host and inform them of the issue. You should also contact our customer service team to report the problem and to discuss potential solutions.

2. Can I still receive my commission if the host's check is returned?

In most cases, if a host's check is returned, it will be deducted from your commission. However, if the check is returned due to a bank error or other extenuating circumstances, please contact our customer service team to discuss your options.

3. How can I prevent host's checks from being returned in the future?

There are a few steps you can take to help prevent host's checks from being returned. First, make sure to provide hosts with clear instructions on how to properly fill out and mail their checks. You can also encourage hosts to use alternative forms of payment, such as credit or debit cards.

4. Will the returned check affect my host's rewards or discounts?

If a host's check is returned, it may affect their rewards or discounts if the check was intended to cover those costs. However, if the host is able to provide an alternative form of payment, they may still be able to receive their rewards and discounts.

5. What happens if the host is unable to provide an alternative form of payment?

If the host is unable to provide an alternative form of payment, the host's party may be cancelled and the orders may need to be placed under a different host or as individual orders. It's important to communicate with the host and our customer service team to find the best solution for everyone involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • kearstin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kristenlee
  • jesusluvsu2005