• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Restyled Items: Tips for Repurposing and Clearing Out Old Products

In summary, most people reuse products that have been restyled. Some people sell them, some people donate them, and some people keep them.
Shawnna
Gold Member
What do you do with your old products that have been restyled when new ones replace them? There are always restyled products...some seem to get restyled every year. And there are always restyled products in every sample package. So, what do you do with the old product? I put a few in my daughters hope chest and gave some to my son when he moved out. Do you sell them cheap to get rid of them...give them away to friends/customers/other family members?

I really need to clean out a lot of stuff that has been gathering dust because of restyled...and even discontinued...status.

I just sold some at a garage sale in May.

Most, I use in my kitchen, and keep the new stuff in my kit. If I have extras - I also have been stocking the camper w/ discontinued/restyled tools.

I kept my restyled garlic press as a show incentive. I didnt' think it was that big of a difference to need to quit using the old one. I simply tell them that it's even better than the one I have for them to try out.

ChefBeckyD said:
I just sold some at a garage sale in May.

Most, I use in my kitchen, and keep the new stuff in my kit.

I do what Becky does or give them away to others.

I have a host and special customer appreciation show at the start of the season and then offer those items at 50% off (most of them I have gotten as incentives so I still make money). I have drawings for something better and purchase = ticket. Did DCB the last time (one I bought as a 60% off host special).

Like so many others, it depends. They either take residence in my kitchen while the new ones live in my kit, are given to people (young kids in their first apartment, my son, etc.), or sold at rummage.

I give any duplicate items to new team members (i.e. I won a med bamboo tray @ one of my cluster meetings, but rec'd one in my spring sell a thon package), and pass down the older versions of restyled items I don't need to friends and family who may need kitchen items. There is always someone I know who could use a garlic press, etc.!

thanks...I just wasn't sure about giving used products to anyone besides family...lol

I hold a Customer Appreciation sale and offer them at 50% - off former catalog price. People don't care if they've been used as long as they are clean and sanitary.

scottcooks said:
I hold a Customer Appreciation sale and offer them at 50% - off former catalog price. People don't care if they've been used as long as they are clean and sanitary.

My director does this quite often too - she sells everything in her kit sometimes too, and buys new! She says people go NUTS grabbing for stuff that she has set out on tables!

Shawnna said:
thanks...I just wasn't sure about giving used products to anyone besides family...lol

you can always donate them to a local shelter.

I also sell them at booths. People love a deal and they really don't care if they are used.

I put them in my kitchen, camper or the stash for my kids or donate them to the goodwill

doughmama said:
you can always donate them to a local shelter.

I'm loving this idea. Great suggestion doughmama!

If it's discontinued, I don't use it at a show.If it's slightly restyled, I use it and just say, "the new garlic press has a different kind of tool that snaps into the handle and looks like a Barbie brush, and it's a lot easier. It's on my list!"If I've never used it, it goes in my cash and carry.

Di_Can_Cook said:
If it's discontinued, I don't use it at a show.

If it's slightly restyled, I use it and just say, "the new garlic press has a different kind of tool that snaps into the handle and looks like a Barbie brush, and it's a lot easier. It's on my list!"

If I've never used it, it goes in my cash and carry.

It is so funny that you call it this. I was looking for mine the other day and my dd had it in her Barbie Volkswagen. I asked her about it and she said, "Mama, they need to brush their hair. They've been at the beach!"
So, now that is what I refer to it at every show and the guests get a kick out of that.

You could also donate them to a fire station. Most all of them have kitchens.
I'm sure the firemen (and women) would appreciate them.

Or the Ronald McDonald House ... those moms and dads are displaced, often cooking for their family, and need a touch of home!

Depending on what it is, if it's just gently used or never used I have charities that ask me to donate baskets so I use the items to make up a basket for their raffles. With catalog and a your life your way dvd also LOL

Put them in the kitchen at your church.

What are restyled items?

Restyled items are products from Pampered Chef that have been gently used or returned by customers. These items are rigorously inspected and cleaned to ensure they meet our high standards for quality and safety.

Are restyled items covered by the same warranty as new items?

Yes, restyled items are covered by the same warranty as new items. We stand behind the quality of our products and will replace or refund any defective restyled item within the warranty period.

Can I return a restyled item?

Yes, you can return a restyled item within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. However, please note that the original shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.

How do I know the condition of a restyled item?

Each restyled item is labeled with its condition, such as "like new" or "minor cosmetic imperfections." You can also view detailed photos of the item before making a purchase.

Are restyled items discounted?

Yes, restyled items are discounted from their original price. The discount varies depending on the item's condition, but you can save up to 50% off the original price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarensChefsClub
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies
Views
Tash
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies