• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Responding to Mailing List Opt-Out

In summary, the customer asks to be removed from the customer's email list, and the company politely asks if there is any way they can be served in the future.
pampered2007
Just curoius... how do you respond back to someone when they have asked to be removed from your mailing list? What do you say? Thanks.

I say nothing. Well except: "Thank you, you have successfully unsubscribed"I wouldn't do anymore. be polite and professional. anymore can be misconstrued as rude, snippy or whiny.Judy

I say "Dear Carrie Customer, I have removed you from my email list. If at any point in the future you would like to begin receiving my monthly newsletters again you can simply email me or contact me via my website at Page Not Found to let me know. Thank you for your business! Sincerely, KaraI let them know it's done but leave the option open for them to re-subscribe if they want to in the future. Which I'm sure they won't, but I'm sure to thank them as well. No matter how nice or nasty their request is :p

I use iContact, so it does the notification for me. ;)

Judybabe said:
I say nothing. Well except: "Thank you, you have successfully unsubscribed"

I wouldn't do anymore. be polite and professional. anymore can be misconstrued as rude, snippy or whiny.

Judy

Ditto here...

Thank you for such quick replys! I don't like it when people ask to be removed because it just makes me wonder...why???? I guess people have their reasons. I just remove them and go on. Thanks again for the help!

pampered2007 said:
Thank you for such quick replys! I don't like it when people ask to be removed because it just makes me wonder...why???? I guess people have their reasons. I just remove them and go on. Thanks again for the help!
Ditto that! I've had several unsubscribes recently. The weird thing was, they were from people who had JUST CONTACTED me in the last week about ordering something or asking if we still had a product...or was someone I saw out and about and they brought up PC and were all excited about this or that. Oh well. With the way we are inundated with so much cr** email these days, I guess that's why....although, why mine? I only send 1, MAYBE 2 a MONTH! :D

I only send out one a month too. I ordered online through a rep with another company to help a friend with her show sales & immediately got 3 marketing e-mails from her. Over the next couple of weeks I kept getting them. I was NOT happy about the over abundance of mailings in such a short period of time. I keep that in mind when I'm doing mailings to my customers. I want them to know my name, but not feel like I'm harassing them either.

I don't use a service, so the email just comes to me as a reply. I send the following:I have removed your address from my newsletter list. If there is any wya I can serve you in the future, please be sure to let me know.

I think people just unsubscribe b/c they are bombarded with so many marketing emails these days, and aren't we all constantly looking for ways to reduce the clutter in our inboxes? I don't take it so personally (unless it is a close friend that unsubscribes, lol!)

People will delete it/unsubscribe if they are watching their budget and don't want to be tempted (I did this when my H got laid off- unsubscribed to all the store emails I rec'd), if they only purchase every once in a while but aren't necessarily interested in the specials, etc. etc.

The people that contacted you recently, did you ask to put them on your email list, or did you just add them? I would start asking first if they'd like to receive your monthly newsletter, otherwise my guess is you'll be getting more unsubscribes.

kdangel518 said:
... aren't we all constantly looking for ways to reduce the clutter in our inboxes? ...

I have a special account now just for spam! LOL I use it all the time for crazy stuff where I have to give an e-mail address. Let them send all their marketing stuff to THAT account. I keep a personal account for family (which I check like twice a month now that they are all on FB) and my work e-mail address that I check numerous times per day. Once in a blue moon I'll go check the spam account.

But I did get a request to my personal e-mail account today instead of them doing it through iContact:

The customer's e-mail:
Please remove me from your auto emails. I have so much cookware. Thank you! K...

My reply:
You have been removed. ;) If J... hosts another party and uses the same e-mail to send you an invitation, my system will recognize to not add you to the newsletter again, but if she data entries another e-mail address for you, then you might accidentally make the list again with the new e-mail. If that happens, just let me know and I'll remove that e-mail address as well. ;)

I wonder if I/we added more useful information - like more recipes, etc...and not just "Host a show" "look at my outlet!" type of messages pushing them to buy or host....maybe they'd stay on the list.I use a service- but usually try to cut down the marketing push a little. Maybe I should add an extra recipe or two. :D

I had a host give me e-mails addresses for her show. My daughter ended up being hospitalized a few days before the show so we cancelled and re-scheduled. I got a snotty unsubscribe request from a guest stating that she "didn't feel that in this economy it was appropriate to be sending correspondence to work e-mails." and she went on and on. Well, did it dawn on her that I WASN'T the one who put her e-mail in to begin with? I mentioned to the hostess that I wasn't sure if so and so was coming. And the hostess said, "Yeah, she talked to me about the e-mail thing. I didn't think it was such a big deal but, to each his own." And the gal was so miffed she didn't order a thing or come to the show. I didn't respond to her unsubscribe request, PWS recognized it automatically. Hard to keep everyone happy.

I made a point to keep mine short & sweet. I have the left column with basic info about the specials - all links for them to click so it's not a bunch of info to read. In the right column I put a recipe, then a notification that "PINK" is back in October, a short section on RUFTH, then a 1 liner that I can help them with Cooking Shows, Catalog shows, Fundraisers or Bridal Showers. Then as the very last thing I put a paragraph to the Overseas customers that if they are tired of the shipping delays due to Smart Post to feel free to contact HO via the e-mail link that I provided & let them know that they would like to see it switched back to Priority Mail. I figure even if only a dozen or so do it, it's still better than NONE.I sent out month #2 a few days ago. Of the 683 contacts on my list right now, I've had 15 people (total for BOTH months) unsubscribe. Not too shabby considering anybody who's sent an online invitation by a host is added to my contacts & gets a copy of my newsletter. Some of them have not met me.

Guess I should add that I have this statement at the top of the left column:
You are receiving this newsletter because you have:

* hosted a show with me
* been a guest at one of my shows
* been invited by one of my hosts to attend their show
* been invited by one of my hosts to order online from their show
* registered for a drawing or completed a contact form at one of my booths here on Okinawa
* made an inquiry with me about the business opportunity

If you do not wish to receive the monthly newsletter, please click the "Manage your subscription" link at the bottom of this e-mail to unsubscribe.

I've been thinking about this lately..... I think I'm going to make a few more edits to my newsletter than I have been. Typically, I cut out extra stuff (like Bride's, etc) I tweak things here and there occasionally.But I think the big difference I'm going to make is to add MORE RECIPES to my newsletter. I use a service- one of the main ones you see mentioned on here. It only comes with 1 recipe in there. I think people would keep getting the newsletter if it included more recipes, and less 'sales-pitch'. We'll see if it makes a difference in retention or not. But worth a shot.

I say nothing to them...but in my mind I'm thinking "Whatever! In a month or two you will break a stone and need me...but you won't know who to call..." oh, I also add "Idiot!"

Wow! That sounds mean, but I think it is because it feels aweful when they reject me. Yes, I know I'm 43 and should realise it's not me they reject but it's the product right now. Or...that's what HO says:)

I used to try to let customers know why they need to be on my customer care list. They always said they were too busy to read them. Now I tell guests at my show why to delete my email rather than opt out. I've been getting less rejections.

I say, Thank you for the honor of serving you. If you ever need my services in the future, please contact me through your initial source. I am pleased to offer you the level of service which you request.Leaves them a little confused perhpas, but with a good taste in their mouth.

Chefgirl2 said:
I say nothing to them...but in my mind I'm thinking "Whatever! In a month or two you will break a stone and need me...but you won't know who to call..." oh, I also add "Idiot!"

LOL!! I love it! I'm usually thinking the same thing, too!

But, like a lot of others, I just do nothing. If they opted out, it was probably because they get too many emails in their inbox. I do the same thing - I have subscribed and unsubscribed to Gap.com emails so many times, I can't remember if I'm on the list anymore or not! LOL! ;)

1. What does it mean to "opt-out" of a mailing list?

Opting out of a mailing list means that you no longer wish to receive emails or other forms of communication from a company or organization. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as no longer being interested in their products or services, or simply wanting to reduce the amount of emails you receive.

2. How do I opt-out of Pampered Chef's mailing list?

To opt-out of our mailing list, you can either click the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email you receive from us, or you can contact our customer service team and request to be removed from our list.

3. Will opting out of the mailing list affect my account or ability to make purchases?

No, opting out of the mailing list will not affect your account or ability to make purchases with Pampered Chef. You will still be able to log into your account and make purchases as usual.

4. How long does it take for my opt-out request to be processed?

We strive to process all opt-out requests as quickly as possible. In most cases, you will be removed from our mailing list within 1-2 business days. However, please allow up to 5 business days for your request to be fully processed.

5. Can I opt-out of specific types of emails or only the entire mailing list?

Yes, you can opt-out of specific types of emails by using the "Update Preferences" link at the bottom of any email you receive from us. This will allow you to select which types of emails you would like to continue receiving, and which ones you would like to opt-out of.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mistym
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • babywings76
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
raebates
  • cookingwithlove