• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Resealable Glass Container Won't Seal

Some suggestions from other users include trying to seal the long sides first and rotating the lid to see if it fits better in a different direction. Others have found that turning the lid 90 degrees does the trick. Despite these difficulties, the containers are still great for storage purposes and can withstand the dishwasher without any issues. In summary, some users have experienced difficulties with the lids not snapping shut on one side, but have found solutions such as sealing the long sides first or rotating the lid to fit better. Overall, the containers are still highly recommended for storage purposes.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Today I took pasta to work for lunch. The 4th side won't snap down no matter what I do.

The lid has never been in the microwave and I bend over backwards trying to convince Roomie not to put it in the dishwasher, as I've been what happened to the lids of my tupperware containers. I've never stored warm stuff in it either.

It still stayed closed, but I'm not sure what would have happened had I been transporting soup instead of pasta.

Anybody else had this problem?

I find that i have to do the long sides first. Otherwise no problems. Good luck!

It's square. All the sides are short. But I'll try ...It worked. Now I'll just have to remember that sides next to the logo must be sealed first, not the top and bottom!

Did you feel to see if the glass maybe wasn't completely smooth? On the square containers, you might try rotating the lid & trying again. It might fit better a different direction. ;)

I've found that if it doesn't seal, it will when I turn the lid 90 degrees. While they are square, they're not perfectly square. Maybe we should call them all rectangles, people will then realize if it doesn't seal, to turn the lid?

If you don't put the lid on just so all sides don't want to snap shut but a slight adjustment works. They are wonderful bowls for storage. I put the lids in the dishwasher all the time without any issues.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Today I took pasta to work for lunch. The 4th side won't snap down no matter what I do.The lid has never been in the microwave and I bend over backwards trying to convince Roomie not to put it in the dishwasher, as I've been what happened to the lids of my tupperware containers. I've never stored warm stuff in it either.It still stayed closed, but I'm not sure what would have happened had I been transporting soup instead of pasta.Anybody else had this problem?
I have the same problem with mine. The square one seems to be the worst.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your resealable glass container. I understand how frustrating it can be when a product doesn't work as expected. Have you tried checking the seal for any debris or damage? Sometimes, small particles can get in the way and prevent the lid from sealing properly. Also, make sure that the rim of the container is clean and free from any food residue. If the issue persists, please feel free to reach out to our customer service team for further assistance. We want to make sure that you are able to fully enjoy your pampered chef products. Thank you for being a loyal consultant and customer. Have a great day!

1. Why won't my resealable glass container seal?

There are a few potential reasons why your resealable glass container may not be sealing properly. First, make sure that the lid and the container are completely clean and free of any debris. Additionally, check to see if the rubber gasket on the lid is damaged or worn out. If so, it may need to be replaced. Finally, make sure that the lid is being pressed down firmly and evenly on all sides to ensure a proper seal.

2. Can I use my resealable glass container in the freezer?

Yes, you can safely use our resealable glass containers in the freezer. However, it is important to leave some extra space at the top of the container to allow for expansion as the contents freeze. We also recommend using caution when removing the container from the freezer, as sudden temperature changes can cause the glass to crack.

3. Will the resealable glass container leak if I put it in my bag or lunchbox?

No, our resealable glass containers are designed to create a tight seal that prevents leaks. However, we recommend transporting the container upright to minimize the risk of any potential spills.

4. How do I properly clean and care for my resealable glass container?

To clean your resealable glass container, simply wash it with warm soapy water and allow it to air dry. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can damage the glass. Additionally, avoid extreme temperature changes, as this can cause the glass to crack. With proper care, your resealable glass container should last for many uses.

5. Can I use my resealable glass container in the microwave?

Yes, our resealable glass containers are microwave safe. However, it is important to remove the lid before microwaving, as the metal components can cause sparking. Also, be sure to use caution when removing the container from the microwave as it may become hot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jrstephens