• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Resealable glass container won't seal

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
Today I took pasta to work for lunch. The 4th side won't snap down no matter what I do.

The lid has never been in the microwave and I bend over backwards trying to convince Roomie not to put it in the dishwasher, as I've been what happened to the lids of my tupperware containers. I've never stored warm stuff in it either.

It still stayed closed, but I'm not sure what would have happened had I been transporting soup instead of pasta.

Anybody else had this problem?

StacieB

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 18, 2007
I find that i have to do the long sides first. Otherwise no problems. Good luck!

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
It's square. All the sides are short. But I'll try ...

It worked. Now I'll just have to remember that sides next to the logo must be sealed first, not the top and bottom!

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
Did you feel to see if the glass maybe wasn't completely smooth? On the square containers, you might try rotating the lid & trying again. It might fit better a different direction. ;)

lt1jane

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
I've found that if it doesn't seal, it will when I turn the lid 90 degrees. While they are square, they're not perfectly square. Maybe we should call them all rectangles, people will then realize if it doesn't seal, to turn the lid?

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
If you don't put the lid on just so all sides don't want to snap shut but a slight adjustment works. They are wonderful bowls for storage. I put the lids in the dishwasher all the time without any issues.

May 26, 2022
Today I took pasta to work for lunch. The 4th side won't snap down no matter what I do.

The lid has never been in the microwave and I bend over backwards trying to convince Roomie not to put it in the dishwasher, as I've been what happened to the lids of my tupperware containers. I've never stored warm stuff in it either.

It still stayed closed, but I'm not sure what would have happened had I been transporting soup instead of pasta.

Anybody else had this problem?

I have the same problem with mine. The square one seems to be the worst.