• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Request for Pizza Dough Recipe

In summary, a consultant is looking for a recipe for pizza dough that came with a round stone, which uses quick yeast and does not call for the PC dough mix. Another consultant recommends using the PC dough mix and suggests checking Consultant's Corner for recipes. The original poster has tried multiple sources and is still looking for the recipe. Finally, another consultant provides the recipe for Quick Mix Pizza Dough and everyone is grateful.
ChefSuzieQ
Hi all-
I have a customer who lost the pizza dough recipe that came with her round stone. She loves the recipe and used it at least once a week. It uses quick yeast and it doesn't call for the PC dough mix. Does anyone have the recipe she is looking for? I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Susan

The PC dough mix is really awesome and I think many of us don't realize how great it is. I always recommend it when I sell a pizza stone. It's easy and great. Mention it to her to keep in mind.

Did you try cons corner... the use and care recipes are there.

I tried Consultant's Corner, I asked my Director, I even called a recent customer who just brought a large round stone...her stone came with a different recipe that called for the PC pizza dough mix. I would really like to find the recipe for her. But if it's lost, it's lost :eek:(

Quick Mix Pizza Dough1 c water
2 T olive oil
3 to 3 1/2 c all purpose flour, divided
1 package (1/4 oz) active dry yeast
1 t sugar
1/2 t saltHeat water and oil to 120F. Combine 1 1/2 c flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in large mixing bowl. Add warm water mixture and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes. Stir in additional 1 1/2 c flour by hand to form a soft dough. Turn onto floured surface. Knead dough for 10 minutes, adding the remaining 1/2 c flour as needed to keep dough from sticking. Dough should be smooth and elastic, but not sticky when kneading is complete. Shape dough into a ball and place in a large greased bowl, turning douhg over to grease top. Cover with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45-60 minutesPreheat oven to 450F. Punch dough down and divide in half. Dough may be frozen at this point if desired for later use. Press half of dough out into a 13-14 inch circle directly on the Baking Stone. A rolling pin may be used if desired. Form a thick ridge around the edge to hold the toppings. Prick the surface of the dough thoroughly with a fork. Pre-bake the crust for 10=15 minutes until lightly browned. Add your favorite toppings and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until crust is crisp and cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 2 crusts

Last edited:
Rae, I have to say whenever I see a thread that I would like to know the answer to as well as the poster, I always smile when I see your name. You've saved the day again. :)

Rae-
I cannot THANK YOU enough! My customer is going to be SOOOO HAPPY! You have made my day:love:

Thanks again!
Susan

Glad you were able to post it Rae. I do have it (not on computer) but was unable to get to it yesterday.

Oh I'm excited to try this recipe! Thanks for asking about it and thanks for posting it! :)

Thank you!

My pleasure. I was a good customer for 10 years before becoming a consultant. I hosted shows for 8 of those years. After a while I got tired of pawing through the drawer of U&CGs. I put them in sheet protectors and stuck them in a big 3-ring binder. Yeah, I'm really organized. I'm not neat, but I'm organized. :)

The directions mention sugar but the ingredient list doesn't have it. Do you know how much sugar it calls for?

thanks!

Oops, sorry. It calls for 1 t sugar. I fixed the recipe post.

What is the best pizza dough recipe for a beginner?

The best pizza dough recipe for a beginner is the Pampered Chef Classic Pizza Dough. It only requires a few simple ingredients and is easy to make.

Can I use all-purpose flour for the pizza dough?

Yes, you can use all-purpose flour for the pizza dough. However, for a more authentic and flavorful crust, you can also use bread flour or a combination of bread and all-purpose flour.

How long does the pizza dough need to rise?

The pizza dough needs to rise for at least 30 minutes before shaping and baking. However, for a more flavorful crust, you can let it rise for up to 1 hour.

Can I freeze the pizza dough?

Yes, you can freeze the pizza dough. After the dough has risen, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw the dough in the refrigerator overnight before shaping and baking.

How thick should I roll out the pizza dough?

The thickness of the pizza dough can vary depending on personal preference. For a thin and crispy crust, roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. For a thicker, chewier crust, roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • jubabe1969