• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Outrageous Shipping Charges for Replacement Parts - My Experience with P3

In summary, the customer is upset because the replacement parts now cost the same as supplies. They also feel that the form did not include information about the increased costs.
I don't think any of us get so many replacement part orders that we can realistically combine them to "save" on shipping per order. That's a lame response, imho.

I had some back-and-forth with a gal. Happy to say they did answer my email fairly quickly. I pointed out that shipping was going to make some of the parts cost almost as much a new item, and asked if she could pass on the idea of adding replacement parts to show orders.

Thank you for your reply. We appreciate you taking the time to express your feelings regarding the shipping cost of Replacement Parts. The Home Office is currently reviewing this matter. We have sent a copy of your email to the appropriate area, and we will follow up with you if more information becomes available.

If they can't be added to show orders, they might as well announce the end of the replacement parts program now. People will be reluctant to order just one small replacement part, so eventually HO will notice nobody is ordering them and decide it's too expensive to carry the inventory.

This was poorly thought-out and poorly communicated.

Wow, this just stinks. I'm glad I read this thread or I would have had no idea. I Will not be promoting replacement parts either and plan to let HO know how upset I am.

Well, I just sent my letter. Imagine paying $6.00 to replace the ring on the flour/sugar shaker when a NEW one costs $6.50?

I'm very annoyed at how HO doesn't give us any information until after the fact. That also goes with the policy that FedEx doesn't pick up returns anymore. (I still haven't gotten an official notice on that one.) If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have known that either. And that's just wrong. :grumpy:

Here in Canda...
Ordered a # 258E food chopper clear collar on March 1st. .... cost of $10.75
plus taxes of 1.40 for a total of $12.15 delivered to my door less than 15 mins ago..... great service by UPS/Purolator!
I had already printed out the statement for the customer and will be delivering it to her this afternoon.
A great deal for her as she purchased the chopper in 2001 when it came out and uses it daily.

No S&H in Canada on replacement parts..... yet. ......... oh, and all of our costs (gas/postage etc) are more expenses in Canada even with the DOLLAR the same or a little less then USA but it is a tax deduction for my business and great customer service, so I will keep on talkign about replacement parts ... :)

The increased shipping on other orders would factor in as a tax deduction for too. Replacement parts would typically be passed to the customer, just like shipping on an order.For now, the only thing I can think of to work within this system as it exists right now.....1). As always, do not express your frustration to customers about this. Calling attention to your feelings about the prices, etc, will just make THEM mad. Most people have not ordered replacement parts or even know they are an option, so wouldnt have a clue the prices. "What they dont know....." right?
(2). Customers will continue to want or need parts whether you say it or not! You can only let them know their option......buy the replacement part for this price (include tax & shipping) or buy a new one for this price and get a new warranty, etc. Just like with anything, let them decide. By not telling them about their option, you decide for them. ( where have we heard that before? ;))And the last thing(3), you could let customers know that you place a replacement parts order only once or twice a month (depending on how many r.p. orders you get), to save shipping costs. Then add just $1-2 shipping to each persons order to divide up the cost of one shipment. I would offer this to customers who lived near me.....BUT truthfully, even that isnt the cheaper route. I often tell my customers who want to meet to get a product that with the cost of gas, it is usually cheaper for them to pay the extra $2 shipping or whatever it is, when gasoline way would cost us $5! I dont think we have heard the last of this issue, but for now, having a plan for customer service is important.....one that doesnt air your dirty laundry. Remember, your attitude towards Pc with customers is huge. It can make or break business.

Ok, had one other thought on how you can work this to your advantage.

BOOK A SHOW! A customer asks you about a replacement part.....you give her the two buying options or the shipping options like what I mentioned above. But youncould also say that if she books one of yournopen show dates, you will order the part on your supply order (this will work best when we get the combo shipping) and bring it to her show. If the product isnt really expensive, you just give it to her as a gift for booking/holding the show. Maybe add in a free Pantry Rub or something else. For three hours of her time with friends, she gets her replacement part, other free/discounted products, and a free rub or gift you may choose, etc.

It is an idea inprogress, but hopefully you get the idea. ;)

esavvymom said:
The increased shipping on other orders would factor in as a tax deduction for too. Replacement parts would typically be passed to the customer, just like shipping on an order.

For now, the only thing I can think of to work within this system as it exists right now.....1). As always, do not express your frustration to customers about this. Calling attention to your feelings about the prices, etc, will just make THEM mad. Most people have not ordered replacement parts or even know they are an option, so wouldnt have a clue the prices. "What they dont know....." right?
(2). Customers will continue to want or need parts whether you say it or not! You can only let them know their option......buy the replacement part for this price (include tax & shipping) or buy a new one for this price and get a new warranty, etc. Just like with anything, let them decide. By not telling them about their option, you decide for them. ( where have we heard that before? ;))

And the last thing(3), you could let customers know that you place a replacement parts order only once or twice a month (depending on how many r.p. orders you get), to save shipping costs. Then add just $1-2 shipping to each persons order to divide up the cost of one shipment. I would offer this to customers who lived near me.....BUT truthfully, even that isnt the cheaper route. I often tell my customers who want to meet to get a product that with the cost of gas, it is usually cheaper for them to pay the extra $2 shipping or whatever it is, when gasoline way would cost us $5!

I dont think we have heard the last of this issue, but for now, having a plan for customer service is important.....one that doesnt air your dirty laundry. Remember, your attitude towards Pc with customers is huge. It can make or break business.

While I would never bash PC in front of customers, or project a bad image for PC - I will not be offering replacement parts as a service any more. I have HUNDREDS of customers who already know the old replacement part policy, and they will know immediately that the prices to get these have quadrupled overnight.
My biggest concern though is that customers will be driven more to call HO for their replacement parts which will then enter them into the lead system, and I will be getting even more calls then ever for replacement parts. That will NOT be a good thing, since most HO leads looking for something like that are looking for a better deal than they can get just ordering direct in the first place. I'm sorry, but I am having a hard time finding the positive in this at all.

I have gotten alot of replacement requests lately, some for clear collars, and some for things like a new lid for their prep bowl, or the cleaning tool for the garlic press, some of these things I felt silly for charging, the lid cost $1.25 so I always just ordered it for them and ate the cost of the item...and I felt good about doing that...I thought it provided good cust service...I am very sad I will not be able to help my customers out in that way, and yes, while it is "company policy" now, WE will get the heat for this...I am going to be prepared to start hearing about how PC overcharges for things, and how can they charge $4.75 for a $1 item, etc and the thing they like about PC was how easy it has been to work w/ them, etc. And I'm not going to have an argument for it.

Technically, it is not PC charging the rates for shipping. It is Fedex and USPS.
Not saying it will be easy, or that is was the right way for them to handle it.

I did a little look back - in 5 years in business I placed:
2007 - 0
2008 - 10
2009 - 7
2010 - 18
2011 - 4
2012 - 0 so farFor me, only one out of 5 years could I have combined any orders since most years I didn't even get more than one order a month. I plan on sending these orders to HO and letting them know.

if you do a return adjustment or exchange from a show within the first 30 days, they email you a label to print. I just had to do this twice in the past 3 weeks. I printed it out on regular paper from my computer and taped it onto the box of the product and just put it in the regular mail. That is my understanding of how they are doing this now. It wasn't that bad doing it that way but I did have to go out and buy some strapping tape for the box. I didn't pay for the return though, nor did my customer. My understanding is that if the customer calls for the adjustment they will do the same for them...email them the label.

kreaser said:
if you do a return adjustment or exchange from a show within the first 30 days, they email you a label to print. I just had to do this twice in the past 3 weeks. I printed it out on regular paper from my computer and taped it onto the box of the product and just put it in the regular mail. That is my understanding of how they are doing this now. It wasn't that bad doing it that way but I did have to go out and buy some strapping tape for the box. I didn't pay for the return though, nor did my customer. My understanding is that if the customer calls for the adjustment they will do the same for them...email them the label.

Right. We can tell them where to email the label when we do the adjustment. This is much more cost effective than them sending a pick up out and the package not being there or waiting for them to mail a label and keep track of the item in the meantime. The boxes had to be taped up anyway so the tape would have been needed either way and now it is at our convenience. We CAN have USPS do a pick up so we don't even have to go to the PO if it isn't convenient.

wadesgirl said:
I did a little look back - in 5 years in business I placed:
2007 - 0
2008 - 10
2009 - 7
2010 - 18
2011 - 4
2012 - 0 so far

For me, only one out of 5 years could I have combined any orders since most years I didn't even get more than one order a month. I plan on sending these orders to HO and letting them know.

This had me curious so I looked mine up. I did more replacements than I thought I did:

2012 - 4
2011 - 14
2010 - 11
2009 - 8
2008 - 10
2007 - 6
2006 - 4
2005 - 1

I do about 3-6 shows a month and can only imagine how may replacements those who work their business more come across! Telling us to order more to keep on hand is an unacceptable and irresponsible answer.

I'm pretty sure HO is being inundated with complaints right now too.

PSA: please don't take your frustrations out on the customer service people who answer the phone, they didn't make this policy.

trps said:
If you direct your customers to call PC they go into the lead system I believe as I have had several "leads" that had just called PC about getting replacements so my lead is lost to a customer getting a replacement.

Please don't refuse to take calls from your customers about replacements. Tell them what it will cost and let them decide. If they think it's more than they want to spend offer to sell them the product. It they are upset about the cost give them HO's phone number to place their complaint. But please don't tell them to contact HO to get the part. Let's keep the lead system for real leads!

I see what you're saying.
Just hope they change things so replacement parts can go on show orders. That's the only way I see this program as having a hope of continuing.

cathy, LOL, this is definitely one of those times where it's a good thing Canada hasn't kept up with the USA policies, hanh?

ChefBeckyD said:
While I would never bash PC in front of customers, or project a bad image for PC - I will not be offering replacement parts as a service any more. I have HUNDREDS of customers who already know the old replacement part policy, and they will know immediately that the prices to get these have quadrupled overnight.
My biggest concern though is that customers will be driven more to call HO for their replacement parts which will then enter them into the lead system, and I will be getting even more calls then ever for replacement parts. That will NOT be a good thing, since most HO leads looking for something like that are looking for a better deal than they can get just ordering direct in the first place. I'm sorry, but I am having a hard time finding the positive in this at all.

Because there isn't a positive!

I do hope they adjust the system so that we can add a replacement part to their order at a party. This makes sense and I would think it would not be too difficult to make this change. I'm not looking for commission on these parts, I just can't bear to talk to my customers about these changes because it stinks. I, like you, will not be discussing this at parties.

You're right, there isn't a positive just now. I think it will all be OK if these replacements can be ordered on shows.

As pointed out above, there is already a way to keep the host specials from getting included in commissionable sales, so apparently it can be done with guest orders & the replacement parts.

ShellBeach said:
You're right, there isn't a positive just now. I think it will all be OK if these replacements can be ordered on shows.

As pointed out above, there is already a way to keep the host specials from getting included in commissionable sales, so apparently it can be done with guest orders & the replacement parts.

I agree with you. All the take a-ways makes it difficult to provide effective customer service. And no Gift Certificates:grumpy: . . . I hope they come up with a replacement service!

I just called HO and said that a lot of people feel that the consultants have been taking on too many expenses and are getting very frustrated. I explained that this new replacement parts fee is unreasonable because there is no reason why we can't add that to a hosts show as a non-commissionable item. They can make it similar to adding the free item where both the Host and the consultant would not get credit for the sale.

I gave several benefits with the main one keeping customer loyalty and that it would also encourage more sales...and not guests getting ticked off that the replacement part ends up costing half of buying a new item.

She said she'd send it on...and I send this needs to be dealt with immediately. I then called my National Exec and left a message asking her to call me. I'm lucky that I have an awesome Exec!

Last edited:
Curlyone said:
I agree with you. All the take a-ways makes it difficult to provide effective customer service. And no Gift Certificates:grumpy: . . . I hope they come up with a replacement service!

No gift certificates? :eek: Since when?!? I did see/hear that anywhere? :confused:

Sandi

BethCooks4U said:
Please don't refuse to take calls from your customers about replacements. Tell them what it will cost and let them decide. If they think it's more than they want to spend offer to sell them the product. It they are upset about the cost give them HO's phone number to place their complaint. But please don't tell them to contact HO to get the part. Let's keep the lead system for real leads!

IMPORTANT! ChefRuthie called Home Office to find out what would happen if someone called home office looking for a replacement part, and she was told that not now, nor ever, have replacement part calls been bumped into the lead system. If someone CALLS home office and asks for a replacement part, the part is ordered for them over the phone, and assigned to a dummy "hospitality consultant number."
When we get a Lead looking for a replacement part, it's because they have bypassed contacting home office, and went right to "looking for a local consultant." SO - if we give people the Home Office # and tell them to talk to a customer service rep about ordering a replacement part, then we aren't affecting the Lead System.

ChefBeckyD said:
IMPORTANT! ChefRuthie called Home Office to find out what would happen if someone called home office looking for a replacement part, and she was told that not now, nor ever, have replacement part calls been bumped into the lead system. If someone CALLS home office and asks for a replacement part, the part is ordered for them over the phone, and assigned to a dummy "hospitality consultant number."
When we get a Lead looking for a replacement part, it's because they have bypassed contacting home office, and went right to "looking for a local consultant." SO - if we give people the Home Office # and tell them to talk to a customer service rep about ordering a replacement part, then we aren't affecting the Lead System.

I hope that is true but we all know that we hear different answers from different operators on other things so I just don't know that I trust this.

I think what they were referring to was when a customer goes to HO and puts in Purchasing Products as what they want, when really they need a replacement part and we "lost" that lead as an actual order or other type of lead since replacements are non-commission. However, I think that providing that service usually leads to future orders from that person.
Additionally, my last two leads this week were from that exactly and both were appalled at the shipping cost - especially since you take the tiered shipping and add another $2 for Alaska. Trying to find out if the customers' stuff is still under warranty and go that route for them.

I have a similar story to many I've read here tonight. My customer started out as a possible recruit. Placed an order at her daughter's show and also asked for a replacement part for the food chopper. However, when she found out that she was being charged TWO shipping charges she CANCELLED HER ENTIRE ORDER. Said she wanted to send a message to the company, nothing personal.

I called HO furious! Asked to speak to a supervisor but did not get to. Told customer service the story and she said she'd pass it on. I strongly suggested to her that she pass on the suggestion that they put the rep parts orders together with show orders. Don't know if it will go anywhere but I hope so.

PampChefDeb said:
I have a similar story to many I've read here tonight. My customer started out as a possible recruit. Placed an order at her daughter's show and also asked for a replacement part for the food chopper. However, when she found out that she was being charged TWO shipping charges she CANCELLED HER ENTIRE ORDER. Said she wanted to send a message to the company, nothing personal.

I called HO furious! Asked to speak to a supervisor but did not get to. Told customer service the story and she said she'd pass it on. I strongly suggested to her that she pass on the suggestion that they put the rep parts orders together with show orders. Don't know if it will go anywhere but I hope so.

Oh, Deb, that's awful!!! I'm so sorry that happened. :( :( What a sucky situation--HO really needs to fix this fast.

I sent an email to HO earlier this week. I expressed my views and concerns about the parts costing more than the product...below is the response from HO.

Dear Beverly,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. We appreciate you sharing your feedback. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department.

Please know, we make every effort not to pass along increases to our (Consultants or Customers). With the cost of shipping going up, it has become necessary for us to charge for shipping and handling for replacement parts. It is very typical that shipping of a replacement part can be more costly than the part itself. This is a result of having to order and inventory parts for products.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We wish you continued success in your Pampered Chef career.

Sincerely,

Linda McPhail
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

I just got the same reply. I get the feeling they are not going to change this and are hoping we will accept it in time. I still think the best solution would be to be able to add it to a show order. Win-win. With all that can be done with technology, I am not convinced that it couldn't be done. I know they don't want to pay us commission on those items. Even if they did pay me the 36 cents on a $1.50 prep bowl lid, that is cheaper than what they were paying for shipping before the change, and we would be making a little money for our 'handling' of the issue.

Sandi

There was a customer on FB who flat our refused to buy from PC again because she wanted to order a clear chopper ring and it was way to expensive with the shipping. She tried to point out that her friend had one from WalMart which worked just as great. Gee - WalMart won't replace anything on your chopper!I still think we need to keep emailing HO when we have things happen because of the new policy.

I know. I have a customer who has probably done 4 parties for me, 2 of them over $1000. She attended 3 parties in one week from people who booked from her. She mentioned at the last party she needed new wires for her egg slicer. I was too embarrassed to tell her what it would cost her. I know, I could pick up the cost but why should I? Expenses are going up for me, too.

Sandi

BethCooks4U said:

Beth, not sure if you are just saying the same thing as me or you quoted me thinking I was not taking care of the customers. I was not saying I don't take care of them I was saying I do that's why my lead for commission is lost on a replacement part order that I do not make commission on from someone that called Pampered Chef and asked for the replacement through them already.

trps said:
Beth, not sure if you are just saying the same thing as me or you quoted me thinking I was not taking care of the customers. I was not saying I don't take care of them I was saying I do that's why my lead for commission is lost on a replacement part order that I do not make commission on from someone that called Pampered Chef and asked for the replacement through them already.

No I wasn't thinking you weren't taking care of the customers. I was highlighting and trying to strengthen the comment. We are on the same page. :thumbup:

sandilou said:
I just got the same reply. I get the feeling they are not going to change this and are hoping we will accept it in time. I still think the best solution would be to be able to add it to a show order. Win-win. With all that can be done with technology, I am not convinced that it couldn't be done. I know they don't want to pay us commission on those items. Even if they did pay me the 36 cents on a $1.50 prep bowl lid, that is cheaper than what they were paying for shipping before the change, and we would be making a little money for our 'handling' of the issue.

Sandi

My husband is a programmer and I Know they are able to program things like that......no commission on a replacement order put on a show order.....after all, we don't get commission on monthly host specials.....so what is the difference. If they are spending millions on a new web system....why not spend a little to take care of this issue.....or maybe they are trying to make money on shipping.

My guess is that replacement parts are in a different area then reg. products. (Maybe even a different building?) To include replacement parts on show orders, it may be an issue of having products in two different locations with no clear path to include both in one box.

jjaastef said:
My guess is that replacement parts are in a different area then reg. products. (Maybe even a different building?) To include replacement parts on show orders, it may be an issue of having products in two different locations with no clear path to include both in one box.

Finally, a reason that makes sense.

Sandi

jjaastef said:

This is a good theory but I thought we would be able to combine non-commission orders with the new web (yeah yeah will believe it when I see it) but if that is true, then supply orders and personal orders could be placed with replacement parts and if this is the issue, it would have to be solved then anyway.

Tracy99 said:
This is a good theory but I thought we would be able to combine non-commission orders with the new web (yeah yeah will believe it when I see it) but if that is true, then supply orders and personal orders could be placed with replacement parts and if this is the issue, it would have to be solved then anyway.

BUT...it's one thing to fill personal orders at one place to pass on to the next for a "handful" of orders compaired to possibly doing that with every shipment. I dunno though!

why even spend "millions" on new web stuff now? Why spend money on all these bags, wahoo recruiting things, etc... I know it is to reward us and we don't have to have the company be soo generous but dang.. another bag in the closet or given away but then irate customers because of increasing costs of products and shipping.. save the money on the other things to keep prices from going up...

crissy11 said:
why even spend "millions" on new web stuff now? Why spend money on all these bags, wahoo recruiting things, etc... I know it is to reward us and we don't have to have the company be soo generous but dang.. another bag in the closet or given away but then irate customers because of increasing costs of products and shipping.. save the money on the other things to keep prices from going up...

Email them this if it's really how you feel!

cookingwithlove said:
Send a message to HO, [email protected]. They will listen to us if enough of us voice our concerns:

Dear Home Office,

With all the new shipping charges for different items, please consider allowing us to put replacement parts on a show order. Frequently, a guest asks for a replacement part at a show, and it was so nice to just put the order through without additional shipping charges, especially when they are already paying $4.75 for their show order. It was great customer service to provide that extra piece they needed (usually something lightweight and under $8) as a pure “service”. This could be done as a “non-commission” part number, as we do with the monthly host specials. I’m not trying to up my commission, just serve our customers.

For Consultants, I completely see that we can work our orders to be placed at the same time as catalogs and other supplies, but for our customers, this extra service will let them see how much we value their repeat business and loyalty.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thanks for posting this-very well said! I just sent them a copy of this...maybe if enough of us voice our concerns, they will change the way they decided to do the replacement parts.

Just sent them a copy of this too!! I have developed a very loyal customer base by ofering this small courtesy.
Very well written

And if you are one who has already had a customer get upset or cancel orders because of it, as I have read a few of you have had happen already, include that in your email. If they know they are actually losing customers over this, they may consider a new way. Be it let us add them to shows (the preferred method), or remove the shipping altogether or wait until we can combine with our supply orders.

Give them the specifics of customer reaction.

I have sent my opinion on this to HO too (got the exact same response) and I really hope they end up letting us add it to shows as an option. I don't send in many non-commission orders (at most every other month) so adding replacement parts wouldn't be an option if I wanted to give timely CS even if it was someone who lived near me.What I will do in the meantime when someone asks about replacements at a show is to give them the total cost to get it to them and then say "or we can add the whole product to this order for $x". If they ask why so much for the part I'll say that the part is $x and then there's shipping direct to you but I will not start with that. If someone calls or emails for a replacement I'll give them the part cost and say "of course there's shipping too so the total is $x". When we buy replacement parts of other items online we have to pay shipping so many people will just weigh that in. I know I have bought $2 items and paid $5 for shipping and before I pay I consider if I would pay $7 for that item in a store. Often things we buy will have a paper inside with cost of replacement parts and there is always a shipping cost as well. So while we have been spoiled by our previous policy it is not unreasonable for HO to pass that expense onto the customer.If they balk at the cost we certainly should empathize with them. "I know! I would weigh whether it's better to get this part or just get a new xxx." And I wouldn't say it to them necessarily but I don't think that if they bought that kitchen tool at William Sonoma they would have the option of getting a piece of it replaced...

esavvymom said:
And if you are one who has already had a customer get upset or cancel orders because of it, as I have read a few of you have had happen already, include that in your email. If they know they are actually losing customers over this, they may consider a new way. Be it let us add them to shows (the preferred method), or remove the shipping altogether or wait until we can combine with our supply orders.

Give them the specifics of customer reaction.

And then what? We get paid no commission but we are suppose to pay to have it shipped or pay the gas to deliver it?

Sandi

I don't have an issue with the concept of tiered shipping, but I think the scale should be different for replacement parts. (Maybe starting at $2.50?) My bigger issue was how it was NOT relayed to us. Based on how replacement parts were done in the past, they should have either come up with a different shipping scale for replacement parts or just raised prices a bit to better cover shipping and leave it at that.

BethCooks4U said:
I have sent my opinion on this to HO too (got the exact same response) and I really hope they end up letting us add it to shows as an option. I don't send in many non-commission orders (at most every other month) so adding replacement parts wouldn't be an option if I wanted to give timely CS even if it was someone who lived near me.

What I will do in the meantime when someone asks about replacements at a show is to give them the total cost to get it to them and then say "or we can add the whole product to this order for $x". If they ask why so much for the part I'll say that the part is $x and then there's shipping direct to you but I will not start with that.

If someone calls or emails for a replacement I'll give them the part cost and say "of course there's shipping too so the total is $x".

When we buy replacement parts of other items online we have to pay shipping so many people will just weigh that in. I know I have bought $2 items and paid $5 for shipping and before I pay I consider if I would pay $7 for that item in a store. Often things we buy will have a paper inside with cost of replacement parts and there is always a shipping cost as well. So while we have been spoiled by our previous policy it is not unreasonable for HO to pass that expense onto the customer.

If they balk at the cost we certainly should empathize with them. "I know! I would weigh whether it's better to get this part or just get a new xxx." And I wouldn't say it to them necessarily but I don't think that if they bought that kitchen tool at William Sonoma they would have the option of getting a piece of it replaced...

No, they wouldn't. But isn't that what has set us apart from retailers? The fact that we provide added value and service? I guess that's not so much true anymore.

Well, after sitting with it a few days, I've realized they deliberately didn't communicate this. They didn't want to be inundated with relacement parts orders at the lower shipping cost.

ChefBeckyD said:
No, they wouldn't. But isn't that what has set us apart from retailers? The fact that we provide added value and service? I guess that's not so much true anymore.

And that was one of my points when I emailed HO! I'm just trying to understand their mindset for this decision.

It also upsets me that at the same time they added the shipping they raised the price of every single replacement part.

ShellBeach said:
Well, after sitting with it a few days, I've realized they deliberately didn't communicate this. They didn't want to be inundated with relacement parts orders at the lower shipping cost.

I agree. It would have caused the "ice cream dipper/dots bowl rush". This whole uproar wouldn't be happening if they had simply changed the policy to begin with, to allow us to order replacements parts along with a supply order or a show. It will probably come down to that anyway, after receiving so many emails from irate consultants. All they did was tick off the consultants and chipped away the confidence we have in our company's integrity.

You know, I just encountered this. I told one of my customers the egg slicer replacement was $5. and shipping was included, so that was it. Then I went to finalize it and saw they were chargeng $4.75 for a $5. part that probably costs less than a $1. to ship. She just spent $150 at my show on Saturday, so I ended up eating the 5.03 (tax inlcuded) for the shipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Bexs50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt