• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Outrageous Shipping Charges for Replacement Parts - My Experience with P3

In summary, the customer is upset because the replacement parts now cost the same as supplies. They also feel that the form did not include information about the increased costs.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
OK- I get the shipping charges for replacement- Not Agreeing- But understand-

Well I had a show Sunday a customer wanted a food collar they were 7.50 on P3- I filled it all out and know there was 4.75 shipping too-

HOWEVER - THIS AM There is a message when I open my P3 that I have a pending replacement order and there are changes that may affect the order-

I did not submit it sun nor Monday I was out of town doing the show-

So Today the 7.50 collar is NOW 9.00 !!!!!
AND 4.75 shipping and the beloved tax - SO bottom line about $15 for a replacement part- that is HIGHWAY ROBBERY that is 1/2 the price of a new chopper. WTH?>????

DID I MISS AN ANNOUNCEMENT OF INCREASE REPLACEMENT PART COST??

Replacement parts should have the shipping charge included in them, unless that changed this season. Occasionally, replacement parts prices go up, too, but I don't think it's separately announced.

ETA: I went to check the form, and it does now say shipping applies. Wow.

Last edited:
News to me .... definitely need verification

There are other threads here talking about this same thing. YES - the replacement parts now are charged the same tiered shipping charges as supplies, samples, etc...

THIS IS NOT RIGHT. Everyone needs to email Home Office and tell them what they think of this. It is going to ruin our customer service with our customers, and Pampered Chef's reputation as providing excellent value. Let them know what you think!

OK....so I just printed up the new Spring/Summer list and it states....

"Shipping and State Sales Tax applies"

In the past we had to add the approprite sales tax....now we have to add the shipping too. The form on CC is just the parts list with price. There is not a spot for the customer info (name, address, CC info, tax, etc) on it at all any more. I use to do this as a Customer Service so now I don't know what I will do.

OK....still reading the form

Clearly states....

"This is not an order form. All orders must be submitted through Pampered Partner Plus as a replacement parts order."

So is this list just for replacements for us? There is no place for our customer info on it any more. I would always do this for them if they needed something.

I have emailed HO for clarification. Hopefully I will get a timely response.

pkd09 said:
OK....still reading the form

Clearly states....

"This is not an order form. All orders must be submitted through Pampered Partner Plus as a replacement parts order."

So is this list just for replacements for us? There is no place for our customer info on it any more. I would always do this for them if they needed something.

I have emailed HO for clarification. Hopefully I will get a timely response.

The ordering through P3 has been around for a little while....at least a season, maybe started last summer? But if they are raising prices, AND charging full shipping, yes...that is bad. At least charge less shipping, but I would rather see making them availabe to add to a show. At least, under the new system, we can add them to supply orders I think to save shipping. So in theory you could just combine replacement part orders with supply orders once a month, but that is NOT ideal....at least for me right now. i dont place that many supply orders.

Definitely email HO politely. Dont be crazy people about it. ;)
They have got to be swamped right now with the craziness and people emailing. Haha.

Everyone should send their concerns to Home Office. I am also on board with an increase in shipping on our personal non-commission items, but not the replacement parts. I feel that this is a service that we provide to our customers. It will be hard to ask for the customer pay $6.75 for egg slicer wires. When they only cost $2.

Last edited:
MY point also is the when the NEW WEB comes about- we can add it to supplies- and other non comm orders - ok-

BUT NOW we are all penalized with s/h for supply, s/h for replace, s/h for personal AND s/h for samples- THATS ALOT OF s/h

IMHO I really think that that NEW rule should NOT be in effect TILL the NEW WEB is!

AND IMHO I think they SHOULD notify us of price increases of repl parts I did find the Repl form on line and it is effective 3/1 BUT in reality it did not go into effect till 3/4 or 3/5

This is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I've been meaning to email HO about the s&h on replacement orders for customers, but to see that the prices went up as well--that sent me running to my computer. SIGH. I'm so unhappy and disappointed about this.

nancycookspc said:
MY point also is the when the NEW WEB comes about- we can add it to supplies- and other non comm orders - ok-

BUT NOW we are all penalized with s/h for supply, s/h for replace, s/h for personal AND s/h for samples- THATS ALOT OF s/h

IMHO I really think that that NEW rule should NOT be in effect TILL the NEW WEB is!

AND IMHO I think they SHOULD notify us of price increases of repl parts I did find the Repl form on line and it is effective 3/1 BUT in reality it did not go into effect till 3/4 or 3/5

The frustrating part for me is that even WHEN we can combine orders, we're still going to be eating shipping if we have to then ship items to customers. We may be able to ship it cheaper than $4.75 (or whatever) from the post office, but it's still gas $ to get there, packing materials, postage---I have too many customers that don't live around the corner from me, that I HAVE to ship replacement items to--adding it to one of my orders and assuming they can pick it up from me won't work. (I'm not saying that this exactly what you were saying--it's just what popped into my head in response. :) )

:(

nancycookspc said:

Shipping charges have nothing to do with the new website. These increases started when they should have - with a new season like they always do. That being said, we were NOT told about the increase for shipping on replacement parts and I think it is crazy. Shipping was built into those prices. That is how it was always explained to us in the past. Now shipping is extra and some of the prices went up? Who is going to pay $4.75 shipping for a new egg slicer wire? We definately need to make our feelings known to home office. I also missed the announcement where they changed the order process last year but had realized that ealier. It used to be we could print it out, take it with us, and give it to someone at a show to handle themselves. Now, all orders for replacement parts have to go through us. Not as user friendly IMO.

It may now be cheaper for the customer that would like a replacement to order through a current show. I would probably put it under the current host order which gives free shipping. Do u think home office intentions is for people to buy a brand new one.

higoobs said:
It may now be cheaper for the customer that would like a replacement to order through a current show. I would probably put it under the current host order which gives free shipping. Do u think home office intentions is for people to buy a brand new one.

Do you mean an entirely new product, as opposed to a replacement piece? Because from what I've read, we still won't be able to order replacement parts on a show order.

nancycookspc said:

The only problem with having the products come to me is that not all my guests live close to me (some up to an hour away). So it comes to me then I have to turn around and pay shipping again to mail it to them or drive it to them. With the way gas prices are I can't afford to drive all over town to deliver these items.

I agree with Becky, we all need to email HO. I already have but I'm going to email them again and show to them that certain parts are now half the price of a new product.

The item that was brought up was the egg slicer wires. The item partwill be more expensive with shipping and taxes than if they just get a brand new one through a show. But of coarse this will not be so for higher priced products.

higoobs said:
The item that was brought up was the egg slicer wires. The item partwill be more expensive with shipping and taxes than if they just get a brand new one through a show. But of coarse this will not be so for higher priced products.

Ah! Gotcha. Yes, you're right. And that's ridiculous. They would be better off just buying a new one. Sigh.....

The clear collar for the Food Chopper went from $7.50 to $9.00. I am wondering if that still DOES include the shipping and we just have to add the appropriate State Sales Tax. This is what I was requesting from HO on my email from them. We all definitely need clarification about this.

Also, found out at my Team Meeting last night that on product adjustments (less than 30 days) PC sends out a RA slip that has to be affixed to the box and we or the customer then takes the box to FedEx or Post Office? When did that change? I was under the impression that PC send FedEx to the customers house to pick up the item if it was less than 30 days.

I want to make sure I am informing my customers correctly on these matters.

This is true. I sent an item back and HO told me FedEx no longer makes a pickup. Although they did say that there was link that they provide with the return label where u can schedule a pickup with the post office.

Being able to add these to a show order would be ideal. That's where most of the requests come from anyway. I've emailed HO twice, the 1st time suggesting this, and they told me no, not possible. The 2nd time I asked what I was suppose to do with it once it arrived with my supply order, mail it again or deliver it, and since we don't have to make deliveries I wasn't happy about having to start. Maybe they are re-thinking b/c that was a week ago and I haven't heard back. I have a customer that wants a $2 pizza shield. :grumpy: If this stays this way, I'm not sure I'll even tell people we do replacement parts.

Sandi

I love selling PC, but find it VERY annoying that they are so busy telling everyone about new products, the new web site, and all the 'good' things, they DO NOT bother to make sure everyone knows about the 'ugly' side of the business - price increases, S&H increases and other important items we, as business owners, need to know to make our business run the best and most economical way we can. I didn't hear one peep out of them at Spring Launch regarding increases - and that would have been a great time to tell everyone. The same goes for all the e-mails they send - the increases, etc., should have been VERY clearly stated - and more than once. Sorry - this is me venting!

pcsharon1 said:
Shipping charges have nothing to do with the new website. These increases started when they should have - with a new season like they always do. That being said, we were NOT told about the increase for shipping on replacement parts and I think it is crazy. Shipping was built into those prices. That is how it was always explained to us in the past. Now shipping is extra and some of the prices went up? Who is going to pay $4.75 shipping for a new egg slicer wire? We definately need to make our feelings known to home office. I also missed the announcement where they changed the order process last year but had realized that ealier. It used to be we could print it out, take it with us, and give it to someone at a show to handle themselves. Now, all orders for replacement parts have to go through us. Not as user friendly IMO.

ALL of the replacement parts prices went up. I just compare last season's part list to the new one and every single one went up between .25 and 4.25.

I agree that the shipping rate change should not be put in place until the new web is up and we can combine the orders. I think that replacement parts should be allowed on show orders to help us avoid further shipping or travel expense on our parts.

Oh, and Wendy, the egg slicer wires were $4 and are now $5 (not $2). lol

I have never seen a new season that there were so many errors and changes that angered consultants so much. I agree with the person who said there must be someone new making some of these decisions/editing.

higoobs said:
This is true. I sent an item back and HO told me FedEx no longer makes a pickup. Although they did say that there was link that they provide with the return label where u can schedule a pickup with the post office.

I had home office ship an extra item w a show. They said she could just give it to the mailman.

That was basically what I said in my email--that I've always been proud to promote our replacement item policy, but now I might not even mention it at shows.

I did mention it at my last show, not realizing I should have put those orders in on Feb 29th!
Now I am not going to mention it ever again. Forget it. A lot of these little parts, as somebody pointed out, are going to be almost as much as buying new product.

I really don't see why replacements parts can't be added to show orders. That is when I get most of my requests. There is absolutely no reason I can see, for them needing to be separate, now that shipping is being charged. Other than "it's always been done that way"...well for over 25 years the shipping was free so let's always do it THAT way.

Customers have not been able to order their own replacement parts for almost a year.
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f19/how-should-guests-order-replacement-parts-69141/
That was something else that was not explained, everyone found out by not being able to find the replacement parts order form on the PC website, and it showing up in the P3 software.

I am so annoyed. I have not gotten an answer from either my director or HO on this fiasco. THis is the beginning of the end for replacements parts if they have to ship separately.

Last edited:
Now I'm really annoyed. :{ I just got a call from one of my customers last night inquiring about a replacement collar for the Food Chopper. I gave her the price of $7.50 (which is the last price I have) and advised her that there would be tax, but no shipping!!! She wasn't planning to order it until this weekend so I didn't enter anything into P3. So it wasn't until I saw this thread that I was aware of the price change or inclusion of shipping charges :{!!!!!! Now I have to call the customer back and advise her of this. I'm not happy about this, especially the lack of communication about it, at all. I'm sure my customer won't be either.

Until I hear back from HO, or we get a confirmation on what is going on with replacement part shipping, I think I will begin informing anyone needing a replacement part to call HO direct. That is what I have been doing on product adjustments anyway. They have a toll free number and are there until 11 p.m. at night for customer service issues.

Yes, HO could have informed us of these items during Spring Launch but they want to keep the meeting very upbeat and these items would bring it down for sure. But, it definitely should have been included in a NewWire.

Totally obnoxious. What I did with a customer today was offer either a) replacement part cost + shipping directly to her house or b) offering to let her use her host's discount to buy a new one. Food chopper collar + shipping = $16.81. New food chopper = $21.70. She bought a new one.

vmgcooks said:
Now I'm really annoyed. :{ I just got a call from one of my customers last night inquiring about a replacement collar for the Food Chopper. I gave her the price of $7.50 (which is the last price I have) and advised her that there would be tax, but no shipping!!! She wasn't planning to order it until this weekend so I didn't enter anything into P3. So it wasn't until I saw this thread that I was aware of the price change or inclusion of shipping charges :{!!!!!! Now I have to call the customer back and advise her of this. I'm not happy about this, especially the lack of communication about it, at all. I'm sure my customer won't be either.

Is the chopper under any warranty maybe it can be replaced free- that is actually what happened w/ mine-

pkd09 said:
Yes, HO could have informed us of these items during Spring Launch but they want to keep the meeting very upbeat and these items would bring it down for sure. But, it definitely should have been included in a NewWire.

I understand that HO wants to keep the meetings upbeat and such, but there needs to be some communication. If it wasn't for CS, I wouldn't know about any of the changes that are going on this season. This should be something communicated in the CN or in the change over box. Something that all consultants will receive, even the ones that may not have internet access.

Well, they could have still kept things upbeat if they'd said shipping would now be charged, but replacements can be added to show orders. Woo hoo!

something like that.

I agree Noora .... that is what I love so much about this site. We inform each other!

At the very least all this info should have been given in the weekly News Wire. It is extremely important for me to give correct information to all my customers and when that information changes from HO, I need to know that immediately. I stake my reputation and future business on it! If I am giving incorrect information out, then that makes me look unprofessional.

If someone is at home working maybe they could put a call into HO to clarify all of this. Return emails are not always timely

Wow, glad I read this! I really liked being able to tell my customers that for replacement parts they would only be responsible for tax and no shipping. I will start directing my customers to PC from now on to get parts and not deal with this again.

I also had no idea about Fed Ex not picking up products anymore. Some changes that are not so good and making things more difficult for us and our customers? Not cool.

CookinWithLynda said:
I love selling PC, but find it VERY annoying that they are so busy telling everyone about new products, the new web site, and all the 'good' things, they DO NOT bother to make sure everyone knows about the 'ugly' side of the business - price increases, S&H increases and other important items we, as business owners, need to know to make our business run the best and most economical way we can. I didn't hear one peep out of them at Spring Launch regarding increases - and that would have been a great time to tell everyone. The same goes for all the e-mails they send - the increases, etc., should have been VERY clearly stated - and more than once. Sorry - this is me venting!

Venting too.... I did NOT go to Spring Launch and thought this was explained there. Now I find out is was not. I agree. All the goodies but not what we really need to hear! UGH!

Not sure what HO is trying to do here. But IMO I think that all the changes we have to endure during this new season is overwhelming! I have an appt. with a new recruit today, not sure how my attitude will be now.

chefsteph07 said:
Wow, glad I read this! I really liked being able to tell my customers that for replacement parts they would only be responsible for tax and no shipping. I will start directing my customers to PC from now on to get parts and not deal with this again.

I also had no idea about Fed Ex not picking up products anymore. Some changes that are not so good and making things more difficult for us and our customers? Not cool.

Maybe HO needs to talk to UPS! I miss them!

Did the fedex thing just start? Seems silly. They wouldnt be paying extra. If i prepare a shipment in my fedex account (which i get as a discount through Pampered Perks, which is nice), but I can print my label and schedule a pickup. I usuually dont since there is a shipping store down the road where I can drop off my fedex packages.

I think they put the cart before the horse.....changed shipping before the new site. They messed up. AFTER the new site, we can live with it and adjust, but this is crazy.

I think it is time for a cost of living pay increase!!!!

From this week's PC Newswire:New Shipping Rate for Replacement PartsLast week, we informed you that due to rising shipping and fuel costs, we introduced a new tiered shipping rate for all non-commissionable orders. It was effective March 1 and includes all replacement parts. We apologize this was not clear, and we appreciate your understanding.

crissy11 said:
I think it is time for a cost of living pay increase!!!!

No kidding! It is costing us more and more to run our businesses!

Sandi

How about they appreciate OUR position....who said anything about being "understanding"? Add the shipping when they add the new system with its new feature to combine shipping. Simple as that.

If you direct your customers to call PC they go into the lead system I believe as I have had several "leads" that had just called PC about getting replacements so my lead is lost to a customer getting a replacement.

True. I hate it when that happens.

Do don't make commission on replacement parts so their is no lead from HO.

I've had plenty of HO Leads that were actually customer service issues.

So I put in a "dummy" replacement part order for the food chopper clear collar. $14.68!!!!! Item was $9 (jumped from $7.50), plus tax and $4.75 shipping. I am no longer going to mention replacement parts at my show. If someone mentions to me that they need to order a replacement part, I think I am going to make up a sticker to put on the rear of my business cards with the toll free number to HO for replacement parts. That way they still have my contact.

Send a message to HO, [email protected]. They will listen to us if enough of us voice our concerns:

Dear Home Office,

With all the new shipping charges for different items, please consider allowing us to put replacement parts on a show order. Frequently, a guest asks for a replacement part at a show, and it was so nice to just put the order through without additional shipping charges, especially when they are already paying $4.75 for their show order. It was great customer service to provide that extra piece they needed (usually something lightweight and under $8) as a pure “service”. This could be done as a “non-commission” part number, as we do with the monthly host specials. I’m not trying to up my commission, just serve our customers.

For Consultants, I completely see that we can work our orders to be placed at the same time as catalogs and other supplies, but for our customers, this extra service will let them see how much we value their repeat business and loyalty.

Thank you for your consideration.

AND IT STARTS-

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. I am sorry about the shipping charge being incurred on replacement part orders. So what the offer is as a resolution is to order more than one replacement part when ordering if possible. There is really nothing else that is being offered at this time. It is going to be a tiered charge just like a on-line order. The reason is shipping and gasoline prices have rose so we need to pass this increase on. Again I am sorry I do not have a better resolution for you at this time. Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Margaret Malinowski

so when gas prices go back down.. will prices go back down? The replacement parts are the most lightweight items of all.. no reason why they should have to be on a tiered scale. Most could fit in a padded envelope and first class rate would be cheaper..

nancycookspc said:
AND IT STARTS-

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. I am sorry about the shipping charge being incurred on replacement part orders. So what the offer is as a resolution is to order more than one replacement part when ordering if possible. There is really nothing else that is being offered at this time. It is going to be a tiered charge just like a on-line order. The reason is shipping and gasoline prices have rose so we need to pass this increase on. Again I am sorry I do not have a better resolution for you at this time. Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Margaret Malinowski

So the shipping rate still goes up as you order more parts. That is like saying we should carry inventory. They tell us not to do that since you dont know what anyone wants or needs.

Hmmm . . . I wonder if they realize that gas has gone up for us, too, to get to shows. Its an average of a 40 mile round trip for me. Too bad I can't increase what I charge. So has postage gone up for me to mail my packets for that matter, and mail invitations for the hosts. :(

Sandi

<h2>What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Outrageous Shipping Charges for Replacement Parts - My Experience with P3?</h2><p>1. Why are shipping charges for replacement parts so high? </p><p>2. Can I request a replacement part without paying for shipping? </p><p>3. Is there a way to avoid paying for shipping for replacement parts? </p><p>4. Have there been any recent changes to the cost of replacement parts? </p><p>5. Is there a way to lower the shipping cost for replacement parts? </p>

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Outrageous Shipping Charges for Replacement Parts - My Experience with P3?

1. Why are shipping charges for replacement parts so high?

2. Can I request a replacement part without paying for shipping?

3. Is there a way to avoid paying for shipping for replacement parts?

4. Have there been any recent changes to the cost of replacement parts?

5. Is there a way to lower the shipping cost for replacement parts?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Bexs50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt