• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Finding the Best Deals on Rental Cars in Phoenix and Tucson

The final price will be revealed after your offer is accepted.In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's upcoming trip to Phoenix and Tucson and their search for the best deal on a rental car. They asked for advice and recommendations from their friends and shared their own experiences with rental cars. Some suggestions included using travel websites, AAA or entertainment cards, and naming your own price on websites like Priceline. The conversation also includes recommendations for places to visit in Phoenix and Tucson.
Karen
Gold Member
Good Morning Cheffers,

A week from today I will be traveling to Phoenix and Tucson for a week (yippee, warm weather)!

I've been driving myself crazy looking through all sorts of websites trying to find the best deal on a rental car. So I thought I would ask my cheffer friends what their experiences were with car rentals. It will just be my mom and I going, so we don't need a really big car, just something to fit maybe 4 people (visiting relatives) and a couple of suit cases.

I'm just looking for opinions on the best deals and thought someone might know of a website that I haven't tried yet!

Looking for any advice!

Thanks bunches!

book on a travel website and combine your flight with the car rental. If you have AAA or an entertainment book, you can do very well.

I just got back from Phoenix... it was 85 degrees, sunny and we even got in some pool time. I am old fashion and still use a travel agent, and I swear, I don't know how she does it but she gets the BEST deals. I even sometimes check the sites, but she always comes in with the best pricing. She got us a car from Hertz, something that looked like at PT Cruiser but was something called an HRT (or something like that). Plenty of room for 4 and your stuff.

If you have time, check out Pizzeria Blanco. It was rated the best pizza by Food Network and it was awesome. Thin, crisp, the owner makes all the pies, the place only seats 40, it's only open from 5-10 and closed on Mondays, but it was worth the 1 1/2 wait.

Do you have an entertainment card or know somebody who does? What about a membership to Sam's Club.

I got an AMAZING deal on a rental car through my E-card through Enterprise a few years back. Rented a mid-size car and they upgraded me to full size. Can't say enough about the whole experience.

I usually go through Dollar and look for the city special. I can usually get a mid-size for about $150 a week.

I always name my own price on pricline. I never pay more than $150 (total)for eight days. I just booked our car for our annual Florida getaway for $146

Check Enterprise. They are mainly off airport but will pick you up if need be. The fact that they are an off airport company typically allows their rates to be lower. I work for Alamo and National Car Rental. We are owned by Enterprise. Between those 3 companies, Enterprise beats the price every time.

I love Enterprise as a company, when I rent thru work I always choose them over Avis. They are nicer and I find you can rent with them, with little hassle.

Careful with the travel websites, although I always use Priceline for hotels, they are not easy to "change" if you make an adjustment to your trip.

erinb said:
I always name my own price on pricline. I never pay more than $150 (total)for eight days. I just booked our car for our annual Florida getaway for $146

Hi Erin,

When you name your own price, how long does it take before you know if your price "won". I want to make sure I have this locked in and confirmed before we leave next week.

Thanks,
Karen

If by chance you have AAA you should see about going through them. Last two times we used them it was a much better rate than going through the car rental company directly and they usually also have additional bonuses to offer. For instance, last trip they also included a free tank of gas and at the time gas was $3.60 per gallon which was a nice savings.

Karen said:
Hi Erin,

When you name your own price, how long does it take before you know if your price "won". I want to make sure I have this locked in and confirmed before we leave next week.

Thanks,
Karen

They give a decision within minutes of submitting your offer.

1. What type of insurance do I need when renting a car?

It is recommended to purchase a collision damage waiver (CDW) or a loss damage waiver (LDW) when renting a car. This will protect you from having to pay for any damages to the rental car in case of an accident or theft.

2. Can I use my own car insurance when renting a car?

Most car insurance policies do not cover rental cars, so it is important to check with your insurance provider beforehand. Some credit card companies also offer rental car insurance as a perk, so be sure to check with them as well.

3. Is it necessary to prepay for gas when renting a car?

It is not necessary to prepay for gas when renting a car, but it can be a convenient option. However, keep in mind that you will not receive a refund for any unused gas. It is often more cost-effective to fill up the tank yourself before returning the rental car.

4. Can I add an additional driver to my rental car?

Most rental car companies allow you to add an additional driver for an extra fee. However, make sure to check the rental agreement as some companies may have restrictions on who can be added as a driver.

5. Are there any age restrictions for renting a car?

Yes, most rental car companies have a minimum age requirement of 25 years old. However, some companies may allow younger drivers for an additional fee. It is important to check with the specific rental car company for their age restrictions and policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tash
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies