• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Rancid Oil Odor from Spritzer

In summary, the author suggests various ways to remove the rancid oil odor from a spritzer, including soaking it in soapy water, using lemon juice or baking soda, and replacing the spray mechanism.
micocina
Gold Member
Does anyone know how to remove the rancid oil odor from the spritzer?:confused:

Oooh- that's a hard one!Oil is very hard to remove from plastic because they're very similar molecularly. First, I'd try to get ALL the oil off the surface by soaking it in strong, soapy dishwater or degreaser. And then I'd fill it with lemon juice and let it soak. Or baking soda and water.I'd also just replace the spray mechanism. The little teeny tubes and stuff won't clean easily. And they're what, $3 on replacement parts order?

Can you soak it in diluted bleach water?

What you could do is tear up in tiny pieces some newspaper and put it inside the spritzer and let it sit for several days.:)

Newspaper? Wow! I had never heard of that. What does the newspaper do exactly?

There is something in newspaper that removes odors but for the life of me I can't remember what. I read about this in a helpful hint book.
I forgot to mention to put the cap on when you finish putting in the newspaper. I've done this for Tupperware bowls and refrigerators.

Re: newspaper... it has a great odor fighter in it. I don't remember why... maybe b/c it's porous? I have even heard/read that if you take newspaper and line the bottom of your litter pan before adding the kitty litter, it will also smell a lot less. I do not have pets, so I cannot vouch for that. However, I am thinking if you can use it as an odor eater in kitty litter why not to get the odor out of something like the spritzer?

We always used to use newspaper to line the litter box...and the track team at my college all stuffed their sneakers with newspaper to absorb nasty foot odors - I do that now with my son's sneakers and cleats.

i just run mine through the dishwasher.

Thanks for the tips! I am certainly going to try that newspaper! I'll let you all know how it goes.

1. How can I remove the rancid oil smell from my spritzer?

To get rid of the rancid oil odor, fill the spritzer with a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar. Let it sit for a few hours, then rinse with hot water and let it air dry.

2. Will using dish soap remove the rancid oil smell?

No, dish soap alone will not effectively remove the rancid oil odor. You will need to use a mixture of water and vinegar, or another odor-eliminating solution.

3. Can I use baking soda to remove the rancid oil smell?

Yes, you can use a paste made of baking soda and water to scrub the inside of the spritzer. Let it sit for a few hours before rinsing with hot water.

4. How often should I clean my spritzer to prevent rancid oil smell?

It is recommended to clean your spritzer after each use to prevent any buildup of oils and potential rancid odor. If you notice a lingering smell, it is best to clean it immediately.

5. Can I use lemon juice to remove the rancid oil smell?

Yes, you can use lemon juice to help remove the rancid oil odor. Simply mix equal parts lemon juice and water, and let it sit in the spritzer for a few hours before rinsing with hot water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tad
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • christyk
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef