• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reminder: Update to P3 by Feb. 28

In summary, PamperedPartner users will have to switch to PamperedPartner Plus by Feb. 28 in order to continue submitting orders and managing contacts. There are resources available to help make the transition, and Tech Support is available to help users with any questions.
chefann
Gold Member
A reminder to those here (or your team members) who are still running Pampered Partner, not Pampered Partner Plus.

HO will not accept orders submitted through PP after February 28. Please make sure you update. There should be an install CD for Pampered Partner Plus (P3) in your Spring Changeover box (scheduled to ship for receipt by consultants Feb. 4). You can also download the update from CC (Managing your business > My Shows > Pampered Partner Plus. Users with dial-up may want to wait for the install disc in their changeover.

To switch:
  1. Back up your data in PP, and note where you saved it.
  2. Install P3 from the CD.
    • During the install, you will be given one chance to import data from PP. Point the installer to the backup file you saved.
  3. Uninstall PP (might as well free up that space on your computer).
  4. Take the tutorials that are linked to the welcome page (where it says "Quick Start Guide").

I recommend not updating when you have time-sensitive tasks (getting shows in before a deadline, for example). Give yourself a little time to play with the software and get used to it.

And remember that Tech Support is there to help you!

Pass this info to members of you team who may still be running PP.

This is for US consultants only.

BUMP.Public Service Announcement: Wait times for Tech Support will probably be inversely proportional to the amount of time until the requisite switch. Translation- the closer to the deadline, the longer you'll have to wait on the phone for Tech Support.And, just as a reminder, this was the communication sent from HO in October about the required switch.
Dear PamperedPartner User,We wanted to make you aware that PamperedPartner will reach the end of its lifecycle on Feb. 28, 2009. This means you must upgrade to PamperedPartner Plus (P3) before the end of February 2009, in order to continue to submit orders and manage your contacts.You’ll find that P3 makes it simpler for you to place orders, track sales, monitor recruiting leads, contact customers and track income and expenses. In addition, it includes the following features Consultants have requested most often:1) Simplifies Personal Web Site order tracking and sales: Online orders are automatically downloaded into P3. You can copy Outside Show orders from your Personal Web Site to your Shows in P3.2) Transforms Order History into a sales tool: Easily identify a customer’s buying habits and suggest new purchases or hosting a Show during a particular month based on the host special.3) Prevent unresolved issues: The finalize tab provides an at-a-glance view of outstanding issues that need to be resolved, before submitting an order.In order to help you make a smooth transition, the following resources are available:1) Audio Workshops: Listen to National Conference workshop recordings conducted by Consultants who have successfully made the move to P3. You can find them on Consultant’s Corner under Consultant and Leadership Training/Online Training Center/Resources.2) Tech Support: You may contact the Tech Support team by calling the Solution Center at 1-888-OUR-CHEF (687-2433) with any questions.Also, available on an upcoming version by popular demand, P3 will run on your Macintosh computers.If you are not yet using P3, now is the time to make the switch. If you choose to wait until after the holidays, it could contribute to longer response times from our Tech Support team.If you have already made the switch to P3, please disregard this e-mail.

This was in the January 27 PC Newswire:

PamperedPartner® Retires Feb. 28/Upgrade to P3 Today

As we announced in the fall, PamperedPartner® will reach the end of its lifecycle on Feb. 28, so it's important that you upgrade to PamperedPartner® Plus (P3) before that date to start the new season right.

The new Spring 2009 products are available on P3, so this is a great time to make the switch! The current PamperedPartner® product update does not contain the Spring 2009 products. The update includes new paperwork supply items only.

To learn how to make the switch, visit Consultant's Corner > Managing Your Business > My Shows > PamperedPartner® Plus. In the top left corner of the page, click on the "Make the Move to PamperedPartner® Plus" button.

If you need further assistance, please contact Technical Support within the Solution Center. Call 1-888-OUR-CHEF and press "1" when prompted.​
The red portion is my emphasis. PP users will not be able to process any commissionable orders containing Spring products, as they aren't available until after the software cutoff.

If you have P3 on a laptop and want to get it onto a Mac, how do you do it.
I downloaded the Mac version on my Mac but don't know how to import my shows into it. I am still trying to get used to a mac, so don't really know what I am doing.

You click the restore button in P3 and then find the copy that you saved from P2 using the backup.By the way P3 is so super easy, they have a great tutorial to help you learn your way around. It's so much more user friendly than P2. Make the change, you have to sooner or later.

Dianneskitchen said:
If you have P3 on a laptop and want to get it onto a Mac, how do you do it.
I downloaded the Mac version on my Mac but don't know how to import my shows into it. I am still trying to get used to a mac, so don't really know what I am doing.
Based on your post, I assume that your laptop is a Windows machine. Right? Back up from that copy of P3 onto a removable drive (thumb or flash drive). Install P3 on your Mac, but do not use the import option during install - the Windows and Mac versions of P3 use the same backup format and the import is for importing PP data. Once it's installed, connect the removable drive to your Mac and restore the Mac P3 from that backup.

chefann said:
Based on your post, I assume that your laptop is a Windows machine. Right? Back up from that copy of P3 onto a removable drive (thumb or flash drive). Install P3 on your Mac, but do not use the import option during install - the Windows and Mac versions of P3 use the same backup format and the import is for importing PP data. Once it's installed, connect the removable drive to your Mac and restore the Mac P3 from that backup.

Yes, Ann it is windows. I'm all set now. Thanks so much. I am still finding my way on the mac, and just starting to use P3, so I have two things to learn.

Also, thanks to Wadesgirl for your help.

1. What is P3 and why do I need to update to it by Feb. 28?

P3 stands for Pampered Chef's third-party payment processor. It is a secure and convenient way for consultants to receive payments from customers. The update to P3 is necessary for compliance with new security standards and to ensure the safety of your personal and financial information.

2. How do I update to P3 by Feb. 28?

The update to P3 is a simple process that can be completed in a few steps. First, log in to your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website. Then, go to the "My Account" section and click on the "Update to P3" button. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the update.

3. What happens if I do not update to P3 by Feb. 28?

If you do not update to P3 by the deadline, you will not be able to process any payments from customers using credit or debit cards. This may result in missed sales and inconvenience for both you and your customers.

4. Will my customers be affected by the P3 update?

No, your customers will not be affected by the P3 update. This update only pertains to consultant accounts and does not require any action from customers. However, it is important to update to P3 to ensure a smooth and secure payment process for your customers.

5. Is there any cost associated with the P3 update?

No, there is no cost associated with the P3 update. This update is completely free for consultants to complete and is necessary for compliance with security standards. Please note that there may be standard transaction fees for payments processed through P3, but these fees are not related to the update itself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bexs50
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • pamperedtiffani
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Kathytnt