• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the importance of updating P3 on Aug 1?

In summary, the Pampered Chef is releasing an update that will improve performance and reliability. You will not be able to submit any Shows until the update is complete. You will need to open PamperedPartner Plus and receive the update in its entirety before attempting to submit Shows. If you are using multiple computers for your PamperedPartner Plus program, you must perform this update on all computers.
chefann
Gold Member
Reminder received in today's email (emphasis mine):

Tech Support said:
Dear Consultant,

The first time you open PamperedPartner Plus on or after Aug. 1, an update will automatically begin when you connect to the Internet. This one-time update will improve the performance and reliability of your PamperedPartner Plus.

Please be aware you won't be able to submit any Shows until the update is complete. The update can take anywhere from just a few minutes to a half hour, depending on the speed of your computer. You will need to open PamperedPartner Plus (ensuring that you're connected to the Internet) and receive the update in its entirety before attempting to submit Shows.

If you use multiple computers for your PamperedPartner Plus program, you must perform this update on all computers. These updates must be done prior to restoring any PamperedPartner Plus backup files from one computer to the other.

Thank you for your patience.

The Pampered Chef Technical Support

The Pampered Chef is a registered trademark.

Sounds like it'll be a good idea to start up P3 first thing in the morning just to get the update taken care of.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ann for passing on the reminder.

ok so now that I have my 1st recruit I think I should take the plunge??!!! Should I do it now -before this major update or just wait unitl after the 1st?

I would wait until after the 1st. I would expect that by the end of that week they will have a new download version on CC so the install and startup will be pretty fast and you won't have to wait forever for the august 1st update to finish.

k- thanks Tash! :)

heather
i would take the plunge and use the program that comes in the new kits.
then if your recruit has an issue you can help guide her through it JMO

heather9892 said:
heather
i would take the plunge and use the program that comes in the new kits.
then if your recruit has an issue you can help guide her through it JMO
Exactly my thoughts. At least I can install it and play with it anyways!

What I did before I started using P3 exclusively was to import my data and play with it, but I didn't submit anything. That way I could still submit shows and orders in PP until I felt comfortable with P3. Then I uninstalled P3 and reinstalled it to make sure it captured the most current info I had.

I am very computer challenged-unsavvy so when you talk of this "install and uninstall" lingo it makes me nervous just to think about it! Maybe that's why I have hesitated this long! eek!

Question... I went to uninstall P3 and I can't find it on my list of programs... only Pampered Partner... now if I click on Pampered Partner will it let me choose which one to uninstall or is that purely PP? Help!

nevermind... i figured it out... went to p3 in my startup menu and uninstall was one of the choices... duh!

katie0128 said:
What I did before I started using P3 exclusively was to import my data and play with it, but I didn't submit anything. That way I could still submit shows and orders in PP until I felt comfortable with P3. Then I uninstalled P3 and reinstalled it to make sure it captured the most current info I had.

I did the same thing. I double entered shows and things just to get a feel for it but only submitted from PP. Once I was comfortable with P3 I uninstalled it and then did the reinstall/import and its been fine ever since.

heat123 said:
I am very computer challenged-unsavvy so when you talk of this "install and uninstall" lingo it makes me nervous just to think about it! Maybe that's why I have hesitated this long! eek!

I'm right there with ya sister!!! :D

bump for the reminder.

All those who currently use P3 should PLEASE back up their data today, just in case there's a problem with tomorrow's planned update.

Gina and Heather -

If you are unsure about the install/uninstall... call tech support. That is what they are there for. They can help walk you through the process and tell you how to make a backup so you have a safety net! If not, PM me and I'll walk you through it.

Good advice Ann! I will do that right now--you watch the show that I am trying to close might happen if I do this now!

Thanks for the reminder, I just submitted my last show and am backing up now. :)

Bumping this for the evening crew!

Thanks Ann! I completely forgot!

Am I the only one that isn't seeing this update? Maybe I'm too early? I was hoping to have it update before I go to work so I can play with the new stuff tonight. It does update automatically, right?

I just tried & nothing happened with me either....

I didn't notice anything either

Oh well. Looks like I'll have to wait until tonight. :( Have a good day everyone!

I tried opening to do the update and it didn't do anything

Nothing yet. I wonder if we have to wait until HO opens for the day

I suspect they held off doing it overnight since so many folks were probably (like me) submitting shows.

katie0128 said:

I want to be sure I understand correctly, I thought once you exported, you couldn't go back to old PP? So I could safely import everything in my pp right now....play with it, (double enter while playing) and then uninstall p3, reinstall and reimport once comfortable?

Maybe that's what I should do....I had in mind to make the transition soon, after this "big update" was in place.

Melinda

you are right melinda! the only thing that is not right is that it's not when you export that you can't go back, it's when you submit your first show via PP3 that's when you can no longer use PP. I have been playing with PP3 for months and still have not taken the plunge! I hate change, can you tell!

still no p3 update...i was ready to see what they did!!

I just opened mine and nothing happened either! :confused: :confused:

They must have had some major snag don't you think?... considering all the notices to make sure we knew it was coming. I'm praying for all at HO who are probably scrambling trying to handle what is most likely a very stressful situation.

Figures, I blocked-off time to do this and now it isn't happening. Probably later when I need to check something really quick it will be ready to run! Has anyone called HO to see what the delay is?

It was posted eslewhere that it would be available later today. I opened mine when I was getting ready for work this morning to run it when no one was needing the phone.

jrstephens said:
It was posted eslewhere that it would be available later today. I opened mine when I was getting ready for work this morning to run it when no one was needing the phone.
well gee....with all the notices they've been sending us about it, it seems like a time-frame would be nice.

I think that they planned too much for today. The outlet hasn't been updated for August yet either, and usually it is in the works, if not complete by now.

MissChef said:
you are right melinda! the only thing that is not right is that it's not when you export that you can't go back, it's when you submit your first show via PP3 that's when you can no longer use PP. I have been playing with PP3 for months and still have not taken the plunge! I hate change, can you tell!

and so then the CD we received in our change over kits......this is in ADDITION to whatever this big update is that's coming automatically sometime today when we open PP3? Do I need to be sure to put this CD in before that update happens? I'm probably thnking about all of this way too hard!

I just opened mine and has a white screen like it is thinking!!

melindag said:
and so then the CD we received in our change over kits......this is in ADDITION to whatever this big update is that's coming automatically sometime today when we open PP3? Do I need to be sure to put this CD in before that update happens? I'm probably thnking about all of this way too hard!
The CD is probably an installer for P3 (for the people who aren't running it yet) and the PP update. People who are running P3 probably don't need to do anything with the disc. (There should be some sort of documentation about it. I didn't get my changeover yet, so I can't speak with much authority.)

Mine just updated...it didn't take a half hour but did take a couple of minutes longer than usual....must have been the one they were talking about.

Mine just updated too. Only took a few minutes with my cable internet connection.

mine updated awhile ago also...took about 5-6 minutes....:cool:

Mine only took a few minutes, but it actually did TWO updates. Once the one was complete, I went to exit out and it did another update.

KellyTheChef said:
Mine only took a few minutes, but it actually did TWO updates. Once the one was complete, I went to exit out and it did another update.

That's what mine did, too.

Mine only took a few minutes also. But it only did one update!

this is going to sound dumb....but.....how do I import my stuff from PP? I'm going through the welcome tour (again) as I must have missed it the first time

thanks
Melinda

When you install, there will be a screen giving you the one and only chance to import data from PP into P3.

oh....ok! I must have missed that when I did the install....I guess now I have to uninstall it, and reinstall it!!!

Its a vicious circle!!!

I DID IT!!!! HELD my breath and took the plunge just now! I have a few weeks to play around with it before my next show! Yeay me!

My update took about 20-30 minutes on my slow dial-up connection.

So what was this BIG UPDATE? Did anyone notice anything new and exciting?

<h2>1. Why is it important to update P3 on Aug 1?</h2><p>The update on Aug 1 is important because it will improve the performance and reliability of your PamperedPartner Plus program. This one-time update is necessary to ensure that your program is running smoothly and efficiently.</p><h2>2. What happens if I don't update P3 on Aug 1?</h2><p>If you do not update P3 on Aug 1, you will not be able to submit any Shows until the update is complete. It is important to perform the update to avoid any delays or issues with your program.</p><h2>3. How long will the update take?</h2><p>The update can take anywhere from a few minutes to a half hour, depending on the speed of your computer. It is recommended to have a stable internet connection and allow enough time for the update to complete.</p><h2>4. Do I need to update P3 on all of my computers?</h2><p>If you use multiple computers for your PamperedPartner Plus program, you must perform the update on each one. This is to ensure that all of your computers have the latest version of P3 and are running smoothly.</p><h2>5. Can I restore backup files before updating P3 on all of my computers?</h2><p>No, it is important to perform the update on all of your computers before restoring any backup files. This ensures that all of your computers are running on the same updated version of P3.</p>

1. Why is it important to update P3 on Aug 1?

The update on Aug 1 is important because it will improve the performance and reliability of your PamperedPartner Plus program. This one-time update is necessary to ensure that your program is running smoothly and efficiently.

2. What happens if I don't update P3 on Aug 1?

If you do not update P3 on Aug 1, you will not be able to submit any Shows until the update is complete. It is important to perform the update to avoid any delays or issues with your program.

3. How long will the update take?

The update can take anywhere from a few minutes to a half hour, depending on the speed of your computer. It is recommended to have a stable internet connection and allow enough time for the update to complete.

4. Do I need to update P3 on all of my computers?

If you use multiple computers for your PamperedPartner Plus program, you must perform the update on each one. This is to ensure that all of your computers have the latest version of P3 and are running smoothly.

5. Can I restore backup files before updating P3 on all of my computers?

No, it is important to perform the update on all of your computers before restoring any backup files. This ensures that all of your computers are running on the same updated version of P3.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • JAE
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedharriet