• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Building a Business as a Newcomer in NYC - Daniel Meredith

In summary, the conversation offers tips for building a business in a new place. Suggestions include advertising through flyers and newspapers, networking with people in the community, and utilizing social media. It is also recommended to carry catalogs and wear branded clothing to spark conversations with potential customers.
dmeredith2
Hi everyone! I am a male consultant living in New York City. I have only lived here a few months and dont know many people. Does anyone have any quick tips for building a business in places where you are a stranger?

Daniel Meredith
[email protected]

Advertise!!!Try to advertise by making flyers, post flyers every place you can find a bulletin board. I would also definately try to put an ad in the newspaper (might be a little costly in NY), but it would be beneficial to try. If you have a Dr. in the City, I would ask to leave some catalogs in his/her office. I'm sure other people will respond to your post, and may have even better ideas than me, just keep checking. Everyone is great on this site.

Good Luck,
Debbie :)

Thats something i really need to do is advertise i average about 2 shows a month and i have been in NV for 3 months but what i did to get my 1st show what i did was I talked to a lady in my church and asked her to host a show for me and she did and that is where i started

Take the PC catalogues with you everywhere you go. You never know what kind of conversations you can start with people in the checkout line at wal-mart just by having a catalogue with you. Where a PC shirt with the logo on it or a PC button while you are out or running errands.

Hi Daniel, welcome to the Big Apple! Building a business in a new place can be challenging, but it's definitely doable. My top tip would be to network, network, network! Attend local events, join community groups, and don't be afraid to introduce yourself to people. You never know who might be interested in hosting a party or becoming a customer. Also, take advantage of social media to connect with people in your area. Best of luck to you!

1. What is the process for relocating my Pampered Chef business?

The process for relocating your Pampered Chef business is fairly simple. First, you will need to submit a request to your current business consultant informing them of your intent to relocate. They will then provide you with the necessary paperwork and guide you through the steps to transfer your business to your new location.

2. Will I have to start over with my business in the new location?

No, you will not have to start over with your business in the new location. Your business consultant will work with you to ensure a smooth transition and will help you to transfer your customer base and inventory to your new location. Your business will continue to operate as usual in the new location.

3. Can I relocate my business to any location?

Yes, you can relocate your business to any location within the same country. However, if you are considering moving to a different country, you will need to contact Pampered Chef's international team for further assistance.

4. How long does the relocation process usually take?

The relocation process can vary depending on the distance and logistics involved in the move. On average, it can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to complete the relocation process. Your business consultant will be able to provide you with a more accurate timeline based on your specific situation.

5. Will there be any additional costs associated with relocating my business?

There may be some additional costs associated with relocating your business, such as shipping fees for transferring your inventory to the new location. However, your business consultant will provide you with a breakdown of any potential costs and help you to minimize them as much as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
texaschef
  • Tensie Steck
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies