• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

RFL Fundraising Ideas: What Can We Do?

In summary, Jodi is planning to set up a booth at her local businesses and give out incentives to the team that collects the most money.
Cookingfool
So it looks like Im doing a fundraiser for Relay for Life. What do you ladies do for RFL? I was thinking of setting up a booth...

Last year was my first fundraiser ever and that is why my show total here is so high.

I belong to a relay for life team, i asked the lady in charge if I could present an idea to the team captains at their first meeting. I did. One team sign up that night. Then a week later I had a total of 6 teams signed up.

What I did last year and it is changing this year is this: I gave them a catalog, order booklet (that I made up - it had instructions on my incentive on reaching a goal, HWC flyer, tax rate chart, 15 order forms) and help whip cancer pin. I told their teams that I would like to set up at their places of business and two teams did that. A lady on one team held a kitchen show. I gave them 3 - 4 weeks to collect orders, they did this in April but I submitted on May 3. This way during the month of April they were able to sell the HWC products and have them before Mothers day. I put all the orders together and they all got 15%. I had the fundraiser sent to me. I was able to keep the orders separated with the order booklet I made and it was then very easily to bag the orders and get them to the right teams.

This year I am telling each team that I will be setting at their business this year because it made a bigger impact on the two teams last year.

Boy I hope you could keep up with this.:confused:

~

How do you get started in the Relay for Life funraiser stuff?

I would go through Relay for Life Website and locate the local office which will be the bigger cities and then ask them for the Chairman in your surrounding town or towns.

I know I am in contact with my Relay for Life Chairman and she is one who I am working with to meet with other team captains at their next Team Captain Meeting.

I hope this helps.

www.cancer.org

;)

Go to http://www.acsrelay.org/main.php and then click NEW! FIND/LOCATE AN EVENT! put your zip code in and STAND BACK... you will have the date, time, location and chairman of every Relay for Life in your area. From there you can go to the individual Relay Event page and e-mail those who can put you in touch with team leaders. It helps to have a good letter prepared in advance... I have one with exactly what they team gets on the other side, both from me and from HO. I offer LOTS of incentives and tell them this is an idea fundraiser in that there is NO overhead.
I did one yesterday that is now at $970 with more coming in and I have another bank that's interested in doing the fundraiser with me too....
GO FOR IT!

I would love to see your letter you use, if you will share. This is my first experience with this and I am clueless.

TIA,
Jodi

I went to the Relay website but it doesn't list the chairperson for the event. What am I doing wrong?

Yeah, not all the events list the names and info of the people you should be contacting. You'd probably have better luck calling your local ACS office. That's what I did and I'm attending a captain's meeting on Monday!

What do you say when you call? Do you give extra incentives?

Please can we see examples of the paperwork that you supplied to these fundraisers. I am meeting with team captains next week and would love to see what worked for you. Thanks for your help.

I went the website, went to the events in my local towns and emailed them saying that I was a pampered chef consultant and would like to help by conducting a fundraiser.

I am still unsure of how I am going to go about this. Do you guys think that setting up a table and providing door prizes are alright?

Attachments

• Fundraiser Template PreShow Letter.doc
    34 KB · Views: 494
The eaisest way is to give each team member a packet with some catties and OOFs. Then they go out and collect orders for their team! I would offer an incentive--if the team reaches a certain amt of sales, you'll kick in an extra 5% or whatever. Award a gift card to the team member that collects the most.

Give them something to motivate them!

I wanted to bump this one up....does anyone else have a flyer or anything that has worked for their Relay for Life fundraisers??

1. What is RFL fundraising and how does it work?

RFL fundraising stands for "Relay For Life" fundraising, which is a popular event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise funds for cancer research and support programs. This event typically involves teams of people walking or running around a track for a certain period of time, with each team member taking turns to keep the track going. Participants can also raise money through donations, sponsorships, and various fundraising activities.

2. Can we use Pampered Chef products for RFL fundraising?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality kitchen and cooking products that can be used for RFL fundraising. You can host a Pampered Chef party and donate a portion of the sales to your RFL team, or sell Pampered Chef products directly to your friends, family, and community members and donate the profits to your team's fundraising efforts.

3. Are there any specific RFL fundraising ideas that have been successful with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, there are several RFL fundraising ideas that have been successful with Pampered Chef products. Some popular ideas include hosting a Pampered Chef cooking class or workshop, organizing a bake sale using Pampered Chef bakeware, and selling Pampered Chef products as part of a silent auction or raffle at your RFL event.

4. Can Pampered Chef provide any resources or support for RFL fundraising?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and support for RFL fundraising. This includes marketing materials, fundraising tips, and a dedicated fundraising website where you can track your team's progress and access helpful tools and resources. You can also contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for personalized support and guidance.

5. How can we get started with using Pampered Chef for RFL fundraising?

To get started with using Pampered Chef for RFL fundraising, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit the fundraising website for more information. Your consultant can help you choose the best products and fundraising ideas for your team, and provide you with all the necessary resources and support to make your RFL fundraising a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• spoiledchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
soonerchef
Replies
Views
Juanara
Replies
Views
Wildfire