• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay for Life Fundraiser: Promoting HWC Products and Supporting Multiple Teams

In summary, the organizer of a Cancer fundraiser will be able to get credit for the Relay For Life team that they are raising money for, even though the check is actually made out to the American Cancer Society. The organizer will be able to get the check made out to the team captain, and it will be mailed to the team captain. The organizer will be able to get 20% of the orders that they receive from the fundraiser, and they will be able to donate that amount to Relay For Life.
FancyChef
I would like to do a fundraiser for my Relay For Life team. I will promote the HWC products but also do this as a traditional fundraiser. I am also going to offer this to other teams in the event. How is the check handled, is it made out to the team name and mailed to the team captain? Does anyone have any other advice on fundraisers? Forgot to mention, this will be my first fundraiser!

I know for our Relay for Life teams the checks get made out to American Cancer Society. So I set them up with the team's name but then where it asks who the check is to be made out to I do American Cancer Society. I have it mailed to the team captain that way she can turn it in to Relay.

In May be sure that the host gets the check - sometimes HO assumes you meant it as a HWC show if they see the American Cancer Society as the org.

Actually, in May you have to designate it as HWC if that is what you want. Otherwise mark it as a fundraiser with the check made out to the American Cancer Society.

If it is made out to the host for a Relay to Life, does that mean that it is treated as
a regular fundraiser w/10% to 15%, instead of the 25%?

I'm kinda confused on this issue.

I have someone who wants to do a Cancer Fundraiser for the Susan Coleman Cancer
Fund. She has a quota to meet and she also has an id # from that Cancer Organization.

I have 2 fundraisers in May and The Chairperson talked to the Relay for Life Chairperson and since the HWC fundraisersmake more money, he is going to give credit for the relay teams even though the check goes Directly to the Cancer Society. I think that is awesome!!

toenail1103 said:
I have 2 fundraisers in May and The Chairperson talked to the Relay for Life Chairperson and since the HWC fundraisersmake more money, he is going to give credit for the relay teams even though the check goes Directly to the Cancer Society. I think that is awesome!!

That is really awesome!

If someone books a show from a fundraiser will the past host be eligible for the host specials the month the new host has her show? I am guessing, no, since the fundraiser gets $3 for each booking. Can someone let me know for sure?Hoping someone knows for sure about this...

Last edited:
The way I did it was for the organizer to collect orders and she let everyone it s was for a fundraiser. When she turned in her show to me I calculated what my commission would be on that show and donated it her Relay for Life. I counted myself as the host and was able to get the host benefits. I sold the products I earned with free and was able to make up my commission. The check came from me and can be used as a tax deduction. I also gave the organizer 20% on her order and she donated that amount to R4L. Usually her orders total around $3000 this year it was a bit smaller but she was happier as her check from me was actually larger. Just a thought. I don't do this for more than one fundraiser a month.

No, they aren't eligible.

Thank you!!

1. What is the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

The Relay for Life Fundraiser is an annual event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise funds and awareness for cancer research, education, and support services. It typically involves a team-based walking or running relay that takes place over the course of 24 hours.

2. How can I participate in the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

There are several ways to participate in the Relay for Life Fundraiser. You can join an existing team, start your own team, or participate as an individual. You can also volunteer to help with planning and organizing the event, or simply make a donation to support the cause.

3. Is there a registration fee for the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

Yes, there is typically a registration fee to participate in the Relay for Life Fundraiser. The fee may vary depending on the location and type of event, but it is usually around $15-$25 per person. This fee helps cover the cost of organizing the event and goes towards the fundraising goal.

4. Can I fundraise on my own for the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

Absolutely! In addition to participating in the relay, you can also fundraise on your own or as part of a team. The American Cancer Society provides various tools and resources to help individuals and teams reach their fundraising goals, such as online donation pages and fundraising events.

5. Where does the money raised from the Relay for Life Fundraiser go?

The funds raised from the Relay for Life Fundraiser go towards supporting the American Cancer Society's mission of eliminating cancer through research, education, and patient support. This includes funding groundbreaking cancer research, providing education and support services for patients and caregivers, and advocating for policies that benefit cancer patients and their families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies