• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some unique ways to stand out at a fundraiser for Relay for Life?

In summary, Shano recommends selling cookies and brownie cups, and telling over 100 people about the fundraiser. She sold cookies for 10-cents each, and her fundraiser raised $100.
shano
Hi there! My daughter's teacher approached me about doing a Pampered Chef fundraiser for Relay For Life. Her mom has cancer now and going through treatments. I really want to do this, but how do I do it?
I have the flyers and the stats. The fundraiser will be in a local restuarant and other vendors will be involved like Home Interiors, and Avon, etc, But what I am wondering is how do I stand out?
Do I do a "cooking show", or should I have products displayed but not do a demo? Only take orders? Help Please!

Shano

What I would do, I think...I'm pretty new myself, but....

I definitely think that the idea of a fundraiser is to provide for the organization so DEFINITELY take orders and hopefully lots of them. Many people (myself included) are also giving a percentage of the commission also. IMO, though making money with a fundraiser is possible, its really like 3rd (or lower!) on the list.

I say 3rd because I think the BUSINESS part of it is to get those bookings! First, the organization is going to get $3 per booking you get. Second, you have bookings to make money off of later.

So if you think of "support the cause", get the bookings, make a dime or two, I think you'll do just fine.

I think what I would do is make sure you have outlined somewhere the benefits of hosting. There are five immediate ones and then ones down the line also. I'd also give an EXTRA incentive. It could be something like the Book to Look box or an additional $10 of free product (which, with the host discount and your commission is only like $6 really) or whatever. Have that prominent. Make sure that the main benefit they see "today" is "the organization gets an additional $3 if you book a show!"

HTHS a little :)
Pamela

match $ for bookingI am having my first fundraiser in a few weeks. I got an immediate booking from someone where the fundraiser was announced (Bunco) when I told her that the cause would get $10 for her booking a show - that's like making a $50 purchase. The organization gets more money and I get a booking - all for giving $7 to the cause and PC giving $3....BEE

I know Pampered Chef gives 15% and I will give 5%. I forgot about the $3 booking benefit!! I thought I could also do a raffle. A basket w/ different items in it. ranging in prices.

I like the idea of giving the extra $7 to get a booking. That would help Relay For Life and me. At the fundraisor should I have araffle going? I could donate the piece or basket and the money can go the fundraisor. How do I stand out from the other vendors at the restuarant?
a lot of questions.

shano said:
I like the idea of giving the extra $7 to get a booking. That would help Relay For Life and me. At the fundraisor should I have araffle going? I could donate the piece or basket and the money can go the fundraisor. How do I stand out from the other vendors at the restuarant?
a lot of questions.

When I did a vendor fair to benefit a little girl with cancer's fund... I made tons of delicious cookies and fudge filled brownie cups and filled my SA large square bowl~ they looked beautiful. In addition to taking orders, and selling tickets for my "drawing" (you have to be careful about wording) , I told over 100 cookies!!!! I sold them 10-cents each, but I think I will sell them for more next time! lol. The money and drawing added $100 to the sale. I had people sign drawing slips to earn a ticket, and they could buy tickets. The winner had over $100 to spend.

1. What is Relay for Life?

Relay for Life is a fundraising event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise money for cancer research, support services for cancer patients and their families, and education and prevention programs.

2. How does the Relay for Life fundraiser work?

Participants form teams and take turns walking or running around a designated track or path for a set amount of time, typically 24 hours. Each team raises money through donations and sponsorships, and all funds raised go towards the American Cancer Society's mission.

3. Can anyone participate in Relay for Life?

Yes, anyone can participate in Relay for Life! It is open to people of all ages and fitness levels. You can join an existing team or start your own.

4. How can I get involved in the Relay for Life fundraiser?

There are several ways to get involved in Relay for Life. You can join a team, become a sponsor, volunteer at the event, or make a donation to support a participant or team.

5. What are the benefits of participating in Relay for Life?

Participating in Relay for Life is a great way to make a positive impact in the fight against cancer. It also brings together communities, honors those who have been affected by cancer, and celebrates survivors. Additionally, it is a fun and meaningful way to get some exercise and connect with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24