• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay for Life Fundraiser: Have You Ever Done One?

In summary, Cindy Steiner, an independent consultant, contacted an area branch of the American Cancer Society in order to get teams interested in doing a Relay for Life fundraiser. She found out that there are several teams interested and offered to help with the presentation and execution of the fundraiser. She also stated that the team that sells the most tickets during the event will receive a donation from The Pampered Chef.
PamperedChef
Silver Member
Has anyone ever done a Relay for Life Fundraiser? How did you go about doing it? I need all the information I can get.

I recently contacted the American Cancer Society in my area regarding the surrounding area events and he has several teams that are very interested in doing fundraisers for the events. I'm talking 18 counties. :D I am very excited about it but I am very new to PC. I started in January 2006. I have only had 3 shows so far.

He is wanting a flyer with the information on it. They will get 15% profit for shows over $600 from PC and I offered at least another 5% to them. Is this correct?

I also stated that we could sell the HWC products as well. PC will donate $1 for every HWC product that is sold, correct? The only thing is that the team will not receive the $1 from HWC, it will be donated by PC directly.

He is wanting more info and I don't know what to give him other than a letter from me stating all the facts.

Does anyone have any flyers, etc. that I could use as a guide with this?

Thanks in advance!!!

Cindy Steiner
Independent Consultant

How did you go about it...i'm interested in doing this also..but don't know who i need to talk to...do i need to speak to a specific person,and did u ask if they were interested in doing a fundraiser.....i don't know what to say or who to say it to....

The way I did it was to go to acs.org. I searched for the division office for my area and called them and asked who I needed to speak to! I spoke with a lady that covers 4 or 5 counties and she's VERY interested in presenting the idea to her teams. Speak to the Area Supervisor. Explain that you are a Pampered Chef Consultant that would LOVE to help her teams reach their donation goals with a Pampered Chef FUNDRAISER! You can do it as a competition between the teams that are registered for that Relay location and donate 10% of your commission to the team that sales the most! I have presented it to my Area Supervisor just like this. Each team will have a separate fundraiser and will receive 10% or 15% commission depending on their sales directly from The Pampered Chef and then which ever team has the HIGHEST sales will receive 10 of my 15% commission on the sales of ALL the different teams sales.

EX:
Team Sales
Team A=650
Team B=745
Team C=500
Team D=1100
Total=2995

TPC Donations for each Team
Team A=97.5
Team B=111.75
Team C=50
Team D=165
Total=424.25

Team D is the winning Team so they will receive my Donation, which is 10%of my 15% commission on 2570.75 which = 257.08! My 5% = 128.53 which will cover my expenses!

Consultants are paid on the sales AFTER the donation is subtracted!

Who gets the check?:confused: Does PC send the check to the actual fundraising individual in the group, to the group or to ACS? HELP...I'm confused! I have never done anything with Relay for Life, I wanted to make some calls tomorrow about it, but I want to have my facts straight first. Do the individuals raise funds and then submit them as a team or do the teams raise money all together? Does anyone do Relay for Life fundraisers earlier in the year, like March or April? Can we put a link on the team's website as long as we get the okay from HO? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

The check goes to the Relay for Life location. Such as the one that I'm doing is Morgan County Relay for Life, from what I've been told, but I'm not certain that is totally correct. Because the Event Chair would have to open a checking acct or savings acct to collect the donations. I'm working with an 2 Area Supervisors and will find out some more info and come back here with a another post and let you all know for sure!

i am doing one also...i am scared to death b/c i am getting set up with 131 teams...average of 40 people per team...so i asked my one and only recruit if she would like to help out with it....the teams will be selling two dollar raffle tickets and for every one thousand in tickets sold there will be a $200 prize drawing for pc products and a $100 drawing for pc products....I am really excited...i am waiting on a call from the team leaders to see how many tickets they would like to get....if everyone participates that is 5000 people if my calculations are right....but who knows how many will help...i talked to a manager about it and he is really excited...so for every 500 tickets sold american cancer society will make $700.....just had to vent

i'm a newbie....i'm tiffanypc's recruit, i'm SO excited about this fundraiser, i'm DEFINATELY loving this site... SO glad i can post on here when i have questions... thanks ahead of time for everyone's support!!! :)

tiffanypc05 said:
i am scared to death b/c i am getting set up with 131 teams...average of 40 people per team...so i asked my one and only recruit if she would like to help out with it....the teams will be selling two dollar raffle tickets and for every one thousand in tickets sold there will be a $200 prize drawing for pc products and a $100 drawing for pc products....I am really excited...i am waiting on a call from the team leaders to see how many tickets they would like to get....if everyone participates that is 5000 people if my calculations are right....but who knows how many will help...i talked to a manager about it and he is really excited...so for every 500 tickets sold american cancer society will make $700.....just had to vent

Tiffany,

How did this go? Did you raise a lot of money for RFL? Most of our area RFL events are in June and July, so I am getting ready to contact a lot of the team captains to help with their fundraising. Should I offer the raffle or just do cooking shows and catalog shows?

Thanks!

1. What is Relay for Life?

Relay for Life is a fundraising event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise money for cancer research, support for cancer patients, and awareness about cancer prevention and early detection.

2. How does the Relay for Life fundraiser work?

Participants form teams and take turns walking or running around a track or designated path for 24 hours, symbolizing the ongoing fight against cancer. The event also includes activities, entertainment, and ceremonies to honor cancer survivors and remember those who have lost their battle.

3. How can I get involved in the Relay for Life fundraiser?

There are multiple ways to get involved in the Relay for Life fundraiser. You can join a team, start your own team, volunteer at the event, or make a donation. Contact your local American Cancer Society chapter for more information on how to participate.

4. Can I donate to the Relay for Life fundraiser without participating in the event?

Yes, you can make a donation to the Relay for Life fundraiser without participating in the event. You can donate online, by mail, or at the event itself. Every donation, big or small, helps in the fight against cancer.

5. Are there any incentives for participants in the Relay for Life fundraiser?

Many American Cancer Society chapters offer incentives for participants who reach certain fundraising goals, such as t-shirts, gift cards, or other prizes. Contact your local chapter or check the event website for more information on incentives for your specific event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24