• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay for Life Fundraiser Questions

In summary, Barb said that it's okay to sell items with the American Cancer Society or Relay For Life logo and/or name on it, as long as you are donating a percentage of your sales to the team.
esavvymom
Staff member
I have never done a fundraiser before, but I want to try to get some fundraisers this spring. I always seem to wait too long for the Relay teams (or find out about them too late).Does anyone have a file/flyer they use to 'advertise' their Fundraiser to the Relay teams? I know of at least one team where I have an indirect relationship with the coordinator. I thought maybe I'd start there.And how do you find/contact teams?? I see a list of online teams, but there is no contact details listed that I see.Is there a thread that contains really good info on doing a Relay or Any fundraiser? (I have a couple I'm subscribed to that I'm going to review).Any help would be appreciated, and since it is "that time of year", I figured others may benefit also.THANKS!!

I was just asked to do one by someone soo I would really like the info on this too!

Go to Relayforlife.org and contact the ACS staff partner for your local Relay and find out when their monthly team meeting is and go from there.I offer 2 options: Traditional fundraiser, or regular show, in which case they use their free product value to get items for a show. Either way, I make a donation from my commission towards the cause. This is really good for March since we can earn the pink products.

If anyone has a flyer, please share w me too. I was asked to get info as well. Thanks. [email protected]

I have been doing fundraisers with Relay for Life for the past 3 years. They are a lot of fun and I have met some wonderful people. Many book shows with me throughout the year.

I have attached the flyer I pass out at Team Captain meetings I attend. This introduces me to the group and helps explain how we will raise money for their team.

Attachments

• Generic letter 042910.doc
    54 KB · Views: 594
From the Relay site:
We Cannot Sell...
•Anything with American Cancer Society or Relay For Life logo and/or name on it (example: items purchased from Relay Gear catalog)
•Items that can be purchased from or returned to a store, vendor, or the internet

So I'm wondering how those who work with teams get around this?

Barb,
I think that if you are doing a fundraiser and in the end...a CHECK is going to the team for the Relay, then it's ok. The Relay teams aren't purchasing items for the team, they are earning a percentage of their sales. Otherwise, there are a LOT of teams that are breaking the rules and not just with Pampered Chef.

What is Relay for Life?

Relay for Life is a community-based fundraising event for the American Cancer Society. It involves teams of people taking turns walking or running around a track or designated path to raise money for cancer research, education, and patient support.

How do I participate in Relay for Life?

To participate in Relay for Life, you can sign up as an individual or gather a team of friends, family, or coworkers. You can also volunteer for the event, or make a donation to support a team or individual participant.

How can I fundraise for Relay for Life?

There are several ways to fundraise for Relay for Life, such as hosting a bake sale, organizing a car wash, or selling products with a portion of proceeds going towards the cause. You can also reach out to friends, family, and coworkers for donations or set up an online fundraising page.

Are there any incentives for fundraising for Relay for Life?

Yes, there are incentives for reaching certain fundraising goals, such as t-shirts, water bottles, and other merchandise. You can also earn recognition and rewards for being a top fundraiser in your community.

What happens at a Relay for Life event?

At a Relay for Life event, there are typically opening and closing ceremonies, a survivor lap, a luminaria ceremony, and entertainment throughout the day or night. There may also be food and activities for participants and supporters to enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
katem51
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows