• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you joined the Relay for Life Expo yet?

In summary, Joanne was successful at setting up fundraising opportunities for the Pampered Chef through her table at the American Cancer Society Relay for Life event. There were four teams that decided to participate and she has bookings until May.
ChefinHarmony
You all need to get involved with this!!! I just had a table set up at an "expo" for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life Team in my area. My Director called me on Tuesday saying that they contacted Home Office requesting a Pampered Chef person for tonight!?!? Anyway, I didn't know what to expect. This group set it up for the Relay team leaders & members to come see the various fundraising opportunities available to them. There were 3 other Direct Selling organizations there (Tupperware, Silpada and Osbourne Books). The other 6 booths were car magnets, candy bars, t-shirts, etc. It was awesome!! Let me tell you - I was so proud to be with the Pampered Chef! I gave a little speech about our Fundraising program (and my added 10% commission) to each team. Out of the 8 teams, 4 said yes - 3 actually set dates & 1 is going to check with the rest of her team! I have bookings from March thru May! I am going to send them packets for their teams and then we are going to hold a "final" show at their churches on the date they selected to close out the fundraiser! Everyone there was so nice. They were such loving/caring people!! I never felt more relaxed at a show in my life! It was so neat to be offering our services as a Fundraiser! I did two last year, but it was a booth where I was set up to sell for an organization at a fair. It felt like I was competing with the other vendors at the fair & that was a bit stressful. I even had a Husband team member talk his wife (team leader) into doing it because he loved the products I had on display!! Anyway, I am sooooo grateful for the opportunity & I can't wait to work with these teams in the next few months!! It's for such a good cause. There were a few team leaders who said "I can't do a fundraiser with PC because I host a show because I want the FREE product - not the money!" I thought that was a funny response. Look into it in your area!! It feels so rewarding & I haven't even completed the show yet!
Joanne

I just wish I knew how to get involved - My business was started to help raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I have also done fudnraisers for the 3 Day walk but I don't know anyone with our local Relay for Life or the ACS.

Kathytnt said:
I just wish I knew how to get involved - My business was started to help raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I have also done fudnraisers for the 3 Day walk but I don't know anyone with our local Relay for Life or the ACS.

Go to Cancer.com
You can find the relays for life in & around your area, email the team captains & let them know what you want to do. They are usually all in late May & June. So I would say start now! HTH

What a great idea! I used to be an assistant transplant coordinator for a bone marrow transplant center here in town, so I have worked with cancer patients and know how much these groups do for the patients and families. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to help support them. We are doing a fundraiser next month for my 13 year old son to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so wish us luck!

I went to our Relay kickoff on Tuesday. In addition to signing up my own team (lost my DH to Cancer last year), I did a little presentation about fundraising opportunities. All 3 teams there took information and 1 is starting a catalog fundraiser right away. It is a great cause and great opportunity for our business.

I tried this last year. I went to the district Relay for Life meeting and presented our HWC fundraiser and products, but I only got one team to sign up. I think maybe I started too late - it was into May.
I will definitely take a look at the ACS site tonight and get some emails out. Any ideas to how to word these emails?

I also want to fine the "words " to use in the email...
Thanks in advance to anyone who words it for us all... I not good at that stuff.

Last edited:
Yes, now is the best time - I have one in March, April & May. Their Relay is in June. The teams are doing things now.

I don't have specific wording to share, but here is a copy of the flyer I gave them.....I gave them a "How much Money can we raise doing a PC Fundraiser" flyer (got it off here, but I will attach my version that I marked up) and one of our Fundraiser flyers with my business card.

Everyone who stopped by was familiar with the Pampered Chef. So I just told them that instead of the Host getting Free product, Pampered Chef sent the organziation a check - money/cash. Then I explained that I will be donating 10% of my commission and send them an additional check.

My first fundraiser was last year for the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society. That one was a 1 day event - just selling from my table - I sold over $766 (products were direct shipped and the customers didn't mind!). It was so much fun! I believe if we talk it up like...."25% of your purchase goes directly as cash to the charity" And I said "purchase $60 today - get a Free cooling rack and the charity gets $15 cash and you get our great product!" My booth raised the most donation wise - other vendors only gave $25 to $50 max. The Pampered Chef donated over $200 to the group!

Hope this helps!
Joanne

Attachments

• fundraiserprofit10.doc
    98.5 KB · Views: 417
I went to cancer.com and was unable to find anything about Relay for Life. Is there another way? I've never heard of this before.

It is cancer.org. Here is the link. On the lefthand side, scroll down and you will see the link to Relay for Life. Click there - then you will see a purple box where you can search for Relays in your area. Towns or Countys will come up, click again...then various groups in that community that have a team will be listed. You just have to figure a way to contact them.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp

Great, I found the locations in my area. Can someone explain to me what they do so I know how to introduce our FR? Do they host a fundraiser over a few months and have a kick-off day, do they use a number of different fundraisers over a period of time, do they combine this with some other activity?

Shonda - every team is different. They raise money for a few months for cancer research. Teams have different ways of raising the money, for instance selling chicken plates, car washes, those rubber bracelets, etc. I believe it goes on for a few months and then ends with their relay walk. The teams here walk all night around a track (usually at the middle school track), they light candles, the have speeches - recognize cancer survivors. You could see if a team wants to do a stoneware fundraiser...or start early and introduce the HWC products for May. They can start selling the HWC in April even - just turn it in to PC in May. Have them sell those products along with regular products. In my area, a couple walks are in April which would be too early for the HWC...but I found a few with walks in May and June and that is perfect! Like I said, it is all different. I am going to contact Curves and the hospital here - both of them have teams and I have the names of the chairperson.

Oh - the teams are by county. They usually meet each month (all teams in the county together in one big room) for ideas and support. You could see when your county meeting is and introduce your ideas to all the teams at once. They will give you feedback and take it from there! Good Luck!

Last edited:
Well, it took me a few days to process this thread in my mind and finally take action on it... I tried getting in on a Relay last year in May and it was a cold, rainy night when I set out my table at the event. Needless to say I didn't get much response as most walkers were huddling in their tents to stay warm and dry!

This year I want to try again and I still had the local ACS contact's email so I sent her a message this morning saying that I'd like to raise more money this year and figured I would start getting involved earlier. I asked if there would be a meeting for team leaders so I could come and explain our fundraising program.

Well, she emailed me back and said the first meeting is March 8th and they'd love to have me! Now I need to know what to bring with me and what to say to get the team leaders pumped up about doing a PC fundraiser.

Any ideas on how to present to them? I feel like I am trying to do all the right things, but am paranoid that my business isn't moving ahead like I would want it to. I had lots of leads for February shows and my goal was to book 10 but right now I only have 4... And I didn't get any bookings from my last show over the weekend which I hoped I would.

I'd appreciate any help you all can give me!

Thanks,

Val

bumping this up since no one has responded yet...

Since you aren't doing a show, just introducing them to the fundraisers available, I would take a few items, like the food chopper, a stone, the 8" saute pan, etc; and some fundraiser hostess packets made up. Really talk up the fundraiser shows and how much they can have donated to their team.

Good luck!

Just bumping up...

I am attending our local relay for life meeting this Tuesday and i need some advice! I am planning on bringing fundraiser packets for any team interested, catalogs, etc.

My main question is, can I promote the HWC campaign if the race is April 14th?
Maybe the teams can pre-sell the HWC items??? I don't know. Suggestions anyone...

I thought about trying to promote the HWC products, but it gets kind of confusing. Not to mention that fact that you wouldn't be able to enter the show until May1st and that's a long time to wait for the items. Also, those are very small ticket items and that might lead to a small fundraiser. SO, I wouldn't do it that way. but, that's just my thought on it....of course, I have yet to do a fundraiser, and really hoping that my relay contacts will choose my fundraiser!

ChefSteph06 said:
Just bumping up...

I am attending our local relay for life meeting this Tuesday and i need some advice! I am planning on bringing fundraiser packets for any team interested, catalogs, etc.

My main question is, can I promote the HWC campaign if the race is April 14th?
Maybe the teams can pre-sell the HWC items??? I don't know. Suggestions anyone...

Maybe someone from the relay team may want to book for May and raise extra money, maybe not for the team but for ACS.

1. What is the Relay for Life Expo?

The Relay for Life Expo is an annual fundraising event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise awareness and funds for cancer research, education, and patient support services. It is a community event that brings people together to celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against cancer.

2. When and where is the Relay for Life Expo held?

The Relay for Life Expo is typically held in the spring or summer at a local park, school, or other community venue. The exact date and location may vary depending on the region. You can visit the American Cancer Society's website or contact your local chapter for more information.

3. How can I participate in the Relay for Life Expo?

There are several ways to participate in the Relay for Life Expo. You can join a team and fundraise together with your friends, family, or coworkers. You can also participate as an individual fundraiser or volunteer at the event. Additionally, you can donate to support the cause even if you are unable to attend the event.

4. What activities can I expect at the Relay for Life Expo?

The Relay for Life Expo is a fun and meaningful event that includes a variety of activities such as a survivor lap, caregiver lap, luminaria ceremony, entertainment, food, and games. There may also be informational booths and activities related to cancer prevention and support services.

5. How can I get involved with the Relay for Life Expo as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can support the Relay for Life Expo by hosting a fundraiser party and donating a portion of the proceeds to the American Cancer Society. You can also volunteer at the event or join a team as a fundraiser. Additionally, you can spread awareness and encourage others to participate in the event through your social media and network.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
3girls
  • mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808