• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reheating Lasagne in Stoneware: Tips and Precautions

In summary, if you have leftovers from lasagne that are in the fridge, you should preheat the oven before putting the food in it to avoid the stone cracking.
Mel92504
Gold Member
My MIL made lasagne a few nights ago & there is an entire square baker of leftovers that is in my fridge...

I'm a little nervous to put it right into the oven to reheat from the fridge...anyone have any experience with this? I was thinking that the temp change may cause the stone to crack??:cry:

Do you think that maybe I should put the entire baker in the oven while preheating...then it would be a more gradual temp change???

Any insight would be greatly apprectiated!!:)

As long as the food and the stone are the same temperature and the food covers most of the stone/placed evenly on it (no dense/much thicker areas), you are fine. I'd set it on the counter as the oven pre-heats.

I'm pretty sure the guidelines for reheating refrigerated stuff in stoneware is to let it sit out for 30 minutes, and then put it in the oven.

I've put stoneware in the oven from the fridge many times, but I don't preheat the oven--I put the stone in the oven cold and then turn the oven on and let the stone heat up with the oven, and it is fine. But yes, the food should cover a good portion of the stone.

I've gone straight from fridge to oven with no problem. You could also leave it sit out on the counter a bit--I've done that too.

Nanisu said:
I've put stoneware in the oven from the fridge many times, but I don't preheat the oven--I put the stone in the oven cold and then turn the oven on and let the stone heat up with the oven, and it is fine. But yes, the food should cover a good portion of the stone.

This is how I handle this situation. That way the stone, food and oven are heating at the same time.

If I'm warming up just a little bit of something (say, leftovers from a restaurant), they are usually ready to eat by the time the pre-heat bell chimes.

chefjeanine said:
This is how I handle this situation. That way the stone, food and oven are heating at the same time.

If I'm warming up just a little bit of something (say, leftovers from a restaurant), they are usually ready to eat by the time the pre-heat bell chimes.

I do the same thing, even if I want to do frozen french fries (which I know the PD says not to), I start out in a cold oven. I have had my stones for years without a problem.

thanks so much to all!!!

1. How do I reheat food in stoneware?

To reheat food in stoneware, preheat your oven to the desired temperature. Place the stoneware in the oven and let it heat up for 15-20 minutes. Then, place your food on the stoneware and heat for the recommended time. Check the food periodically to ensure it is heated to your liking.

2. Can I reheat frozen food in stoneware?

Yes, you can reheat frozen food in stoneware. However, it is recommended to thaw the food first in the refrigerator before reheating. This will ensure even heating and prevent the stoneware from cracking due to sudden temperature changes.

3. Can I reheat stoneware in the microwave?

No, stoneware is not microwave safe. The high heat and rapid temperature changes can cause the stoneware to crack. It is best to reheat stoneware in the oven.

4. How long does it take to reheat food in stoneware?

The time it takes to reheat food in stoneware can vary depending on the type and amount of food. As a general rule, it may take 15-20 minutes to reheat a single serving of food and 30-40 minutes for a larger quantity.

5. Do I need to grease stoneware before reheating food?

No, stoneware has a natural non-stick surface and does not require greasing before reheating food. However, you may lightly oil the stoneware if desired for added flavor or to prevent sticking. Just be sure to use a non-stick cooking spray or a small amount of oil to avoid excess residue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • tabnat80