1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Reheating in stoneware?

1. Mel92504

Mel92504 Member Gold Member

My MIL made lasagne a few nights ago & there is an entire square baker of leftovers that is in my fridge...

I'm a little nervous to put it right into the oven to reheat from the fridge...anyone have any experience with this? I was thinking that the temp change may cause the stone to crack??:cry:

Do you think that maybe I should put the entire baker in the oven while preheating...then it would be a more gradual temp change???

Any insight would be greatly apprectiated!!:)

Dec 29, 2009
  2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

As long as the food and the stone are the same temperature and the food covers most of the stone/placed evenly on it (no dense/much thicker areas), you are fine. I'd set it on the counter as the oven pre-heats.

Dec 29, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I'm pretty sure the guidelines for reheating refrigerated stuff in stoneware is to let it sit out for 30 minutes, and then put it in the oven.

Dec 29, 2009
  4. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

I've put stoneware in the oven from the fridge many times, but I don't preheat the oven--I put the stone in the oven cold and then turn the oven on and let the stone heat up with the oven, and it is fine. But yes, the food should cover a good portion of the stone.

Dec 29, 2009
  5. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I've gone straight from fridge to oven with no problem. You could also leave it sit out on the counter a bit--I've done that too.

Dec 29, 2009
  6. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

This is how I handle this situation. That way the stone, food and oven are heating at the same time.

If I'm warming up just a little bit of something (say, leftovers from a restaurant), they are usually ready to eat by the time the pre-heat bell chimes.

Dec 29, 2009
  7. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

I do the same thing, even if I want to do frozen french fries (which I know the PD says not to), I start out in a cold oven. I have had my stones for years without a problem.

Dec 29, 2009
  8. Mel92504

Mel92504 Member Gold Member

thanks so much to all!!!

Dec 29, 2009
Have something to add?