• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Having trouble refilling your Merrill stamps? Any solutions?

In summary, the conversation was about the issues with refilling self-inking stamps and the recommended ink to use. The participants shared their experiences with the process and gave tips such as not using too much ink and letting the stamp rest before using it. They also mentioned that it is not necessary to use the specific brand of ink recommended by the stamp company and that any refill ink from an office supply store will work.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
I ordered 2 Merrill stamps with my info about two years ago. They started getting really light so I went to Staples and bought ink for self-inking stampers.

I am now typing with black fingers. I refilled them OK, but after 3 hours I tried stamping them and ended up with ink all over my hands. Anybody else have problems refilling the stampers?

I haven't tried to refill mine, but it started out really light. Now it's worthless. It wasn't worth the money I paid for it. I'd love to be able to refill it so it will work correctly.

I didn't have a problem filling mine but I discovered that you don't want to put too much into it!

I usually let them sit overnight before trying to use them. Let the ink set in the stamper pad before you start stamping away. I've had the black fingers way too many times to count, but it's definitely better than buying a new stamper every few months!

I got some refill in for mine and refilled it for the second time in 3 years yesterday. The directions on the bottle say to use something like 10 drops. I just put drops on the areas where the impression from the stamp is, and watch as they are absorbed into the pad. I make sure the impression areas are covered, and however many drops that takes is enough.

You definitely don't need to use much of the refill ink. I've got a bottle that I've had for 5 or 6 years. And definitely let the stamp rest for a few minutes to half an hour before you use it.

It only refills with IDEAL stamp ink.
I bought a bottle online and a replacement ink pad for about $10.
http://www.stamp-connection.com/products/I-2OZ.html
http://www.stamp-connection.com/products/REP-200.html

You don't necessarily need the new pad, unless it's really worn. However you need to follow the instructions for refilling the pad with more ink. I start on it in the evening, fill itt with a few drops a couple of times and let it sit overnight, then in the morning i push the tray back in. Use the dropping holes on the back of the pad, and there are instructions printed on the plastic next to the holes.

I hope it helps,

Mine is Office Max brand. I don't use the refill holes, just drop the ink droplets right on the pad and let them absorb.

so I don't need to buy the ideal ink for the stamp..I can just use whatever refill in I can find at like office max or staples? i just stamped a bunch of catalogs and realized i need to refill it sometime soon.. getting too light.

That's right - just get whatever ink they have for refilling stamps at the office supply store. Saying you have to use Ideal ink for an Ideal stamp is like printer companies saying that you can't use generic ink in your printer.

Yes, I used Office Max ink and it works just fine!

1. How do I know when my Merrill Stamp needs to be refilled?

The ink in your Merrill Stamp will start to fade or run out when it needs to be refilled. You may also notice that your stamped images are becoming faint or incomplete.

2. What type of ink should I use to refill my Merrill Stamp?

Pampered Chef offers a refillable ink pad specifically designed for the Merrill Stamp. This ink is water-based and safe to use on food and other surfaces. It is also available in a variety of colors to suit your stamping needs.

3. How do I refill the ink in my Merrill Stamp?

To refill your Merrill Stamp, simply remove the ink pad from the stamp and add a few drops of ink to the pad. Allow the ink to soak in for a few minutes before replacing the pad and using the stamp again.

4. Can I use other types of ink to refill my Merrill Stamp?

We recommend using the Pampered Chef refillable ink pad for the best results and to ensure the safety of your stamp. Other types of ink may not work as well or could potentially damage your stamp.

5. How often do I need to refill the ink in my Merrill Stamp?

The frequency of refilling your Merrill Stamp will depend on how often you use it and how large your stamped images are. Generally, the ink pad will need to be refilled every few hundred uses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • mandak
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon
  • hmolah