• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Ultimate Mandolin Redesigned?

In summary, the food holder has been redesigned and is now available on the replacement form for customers who already have it. It is also available on the new slicer thingy. The replacement cost is $8.50.
legacypc46
Gold Member
How is this item redesigned? Or is that the new slicey thingy?
Thanks!

They redesigned the food holder so that it's larger and round!! It will also be available on the replacement form for customers who already have it. I'm posting my pictures soon and they are on there.

Anyone know the replacement product cost? i forgot to ask and don't remember if they said anything.

I don't think they said anything.

We were talking to the Test Kitchen Chef in the product Showcase Room. I don't remember the exact price for the new holder, but it is under $10. I want to say $7.50....maybe?

$8.50, we asked during a product demo.

It also goes on the "outside" of the prong piece giving much more room for the item being sliced.

Does the holder for the new slicer thingy work with the UM? Or do we have to buy the one specifically for the UM?

No it doesn't. Somebody asked the demonstrator. You need to buy the new holder for the UM.

Well pooh. :(

I think $8.50 is worth it! It beats paying another $61.00! Sometimes we have had to pay full price for an updated version! I will gladly pay $8.50! Especially if it keeps me from swearing at shows! I hated that food holder. You rarely could get a whole potato or onion in there!

That's true, John. I was just hoping that they were interchangeable. Oh well. That's pretty reasonable.

I thought they said they were, (interchangable) but I could be wrong.

John, the NEW price for the UM is $65!

The holders are different. In the Simple Slicer, there were only 4 prongs verses 8 on the Ultimate Mandoline. Might be wrong with the exact number, but I remember seeing gaps in the holder for the Simple Slicer and went to talk to the test cook kitchen demonstrators when i noticed the Ultimate Mandoline holder had more prongs (an advantage to buying the Ultimate Mandoline)

$65! Well that $8.50 REALLY looks good now! Hey, the Veggie Slicer??? Is that the tool you would use to make French Green Beans?

I just looked at the pictures I took in the product show case room. The one on the madnoline in the display case looks the same as the Simple Slicer but it still has the "hooks" that hold it to the top of the mandoline. BUT there is a picture of the one they had on the "play with" table and it doesn't have those hooks and only has 4 "stabbers". Guess we'll have to wait until we get the real one and find out!

I thought they announced that the replacement would be $5. Course I was so excited that it was a larger area and may have just imagined it. :D

1. What are the new features of the redesigned Ultimate Mandolin?

The redesigned Ultimate Mandolin now includes a safety holder to protect your fingers while slicing and a non-slip base for stability. It also has adjustable thickness settings and interchangeable blades for various slicing and julienning options.

2. How do I clean and maintain the Ultimate Mandolin?

The Ultimate Mandolin is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. To maintain its sharpness, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water and drying it thoroughly before storing. The blades can also be sharpened with a sharpening stone or by sending it in for professional sharpening.

3. Can the Ultimate Mandolin be used for all types of fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandolin is versatile and can be used for slicing and julienning a variety of fruits and vegetables, including harder produce like potatoes and carrots.

4. Is the Ultimate Mandolin safe to use for beginners?

Yes, the redesigned Ultimate Mandolin is designed with safety in mind. The safety holder and non-slip base make it easy and safe for beginners to use. However, we still recommend taking caution and following the instructions carefully.

5. Does the Ultimate Mandolin come with a warranty?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandolin comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If there are any defects in materials or workmanship, we will replace it free of charge. Please refer to our website for more information on our warranty policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Staci
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3