• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Red Error Ball When Submitting?

In summary, Sandi is trying to send in a small cattie show. Everything balances, but she gets an error message too many host specials ordered by host and past host. She tries deleting the orders, re-entering them, and an extra item may appear. Finally, she emails her host and tries more suggestions.
sandilou
Silver Member
I am trying to send in a small cattie show.
Start date = May 1
End date = May 6
Commish sales = $150.35
Order w/o payments = 0
Consult payment = $193

Everything balances, but I get an error message too many host specials ordered by host and past host. Only the host is ordering the appet plates. I don't get it. What is wrong??

TIA,
Sandi

If you hit the finish tab it will tell you what you are missing. Is her address complete? Phone number?

All that is good. The error is too many host specials, and there is only 1 being ordered by the host.

I've had this before. You need to update P3. Go to Consultants Corner, Downloads< Manual Update.

Good luck :)

This has happened to me before. Somehow a glitch in the program occurred. You can delete the items ordered by your host and re-enter them. An extra item may appear. Also, check the item numbers on the other orders, perhaps one has the wrong number (like a host special number).

And GUEST sales must be over $150, not Commissionable sales.

jwpamp said:
And GUEST sales must be over $150, not Commissionable sales.

This was my first thought too.

Yup, check guest sales first. If it's not $150 or more, it won't work.If that's not your issue, try an update.I know you said no past host, but for future reference, their "past host" purchase doesn't count towards the $150. You have to hit $150 first, then add their order. If you are trying to use their order to make the $150, it won't work. ;)

Update didn't work.
Guest sales = $150.35
Checked all orders -- only 1 host order with the special host code. :confused:

Maybe I will try deleting the whole party and entering it again -- its small and won't tkae long.

Sandi

Delete the appy plates and see if the red dot is there...

chefsteph07 said:
Delete the appy plates and see if the red dot is there...

Yep -- that dot is gone. I had tried that b/f but hoped the update would have fixed it. LH71 is the code that messes everything up. That's it, right? Add it back -- the dot is back More suggestions?

I put the whole show in again and that didn't work. There must be a glitch.

Sandi

sandilou said:
Yep -- that dot is gone. I had tried that b/f but hoped the update would have fixed it. LH71 is the code that messes everything up. That's it, right? Add it back -- the dot is back More suggestions?

I put the whole show in again and that didn't work. There must be a glitch.

Sandi

And the $150 is on guest sales right..not just commissionable sales. There is a difference.

Yep -- guest sales. They actually are the same on this one.

OK -- I'm restarting my computer and restarting P3 . . . .

Sandi

Nothing seems to work. I emailed HO -- I'll let you know.

Sandi

You aren't trying to submit a few orders on one credit/debit card, are you? I ran into that on a show. You can only have 2 per card ##, if I remember correctly?

I'm still up if you want to call. We can walk through each order & I'll see if I can figure out what's going on with this one.Oh wait ... you have May 2011, not May 2010 on your dates, right???

Sheila said:
Yup, check guest sales first. If it's not $150 or more, it won't work.

If that's not your issue, try an update.

I know you said no past host, but for future reference, their "past host" purchase doesn't count towards the $150. You have to hit $150 first, then add their order. If you are trying to use their order to make the $150, it won't work. ;)

Do you mean their whole order? I thought their regular product order counted towards the show total, just not the bonus item until the $150 is reached :confused:

You have to get to the $150 first, before you can add the past host item. Anything else the past host is buying would count toward the $150 to make the show, but a 60% off past host item does NOT count toward reaching the $150 in guest sales requirement. ;)

Are you just entering the host item code? Or are you looking it up with the magnifying glass? If you're putting in the code manually, try pulling it up through the search instead. Maybe P3 will like it better that way.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I've tried them all and checked everything with no luck. I think the problem is with the code. I take it off and everything is good, put it on and the red ball appears. I even tried taking the plates off the host order and adding it to the past host's order instead -- same thing. Anyone else have someone order the plate set?

Thanks!
Sandi

Sandi, call me & let's walk through it. (469) 226-0447I have company coming in around noon, so I need to try & help you before then if you want help. ;)

I just went into P3 and made up a fake show. Guest bought $150 of stuff. Hiost bought LH71 host special, the app. plate set. No red ball.

It has to be something with your past host. What is on her order?

Oops! I thought it was Sandi posting the fake show stuff. LOL

I know you said no past host,

So, if you re-read the original post, there was no past host but the program is mentioning it anyway?

In post 20, she said there was a past host. But she hasn't said what items are on that person's order.

Oops! Sorry. I missed that one.

I just put myself in my fake show as a past host. Ordered a $155 item and then the app plates. Red dot. Added another item to make my total back over $150 and no red dot. So you may be right. That past host discount is messing something up?

Do they still use two different codes for past host & current host special? That always threw me off... Making sure I got the right current host code.

Guest #1 = 19.50
Guest #2 = 28.00
Guest #3 = 43.00
PHost = 70.50 - 7.05 = 63.45 (no past host special)
Guest Sales = 153.95 (different than b/f b/c there was a slight change in PH order)

These totals are b/f shipping. Dates are good. Payments balance.
PH order:
Garlic Press
Sun-dried dipping
Lg sheet pan
mini whipper
twixit
greek rub
2-c prep
free coupon holder (which I just added, so that wasn't it)

I has to be something funny with the code.

Sandi

I just got off the phone with HO. We went through everything and the red ball still doesn't go away. I'll have to talk to tech on Monday. Thanks again for all the suggestions. :)

Sandi

I just did a fake show with 4 guests, each matching the 4 totals you gave with one getting a PH discount. Then entered the hosts order and did not get an error. Each guest has "cash" right now & it's wanting the consultant payment of $268.59 (I used TX sales tax rate of 8.25% and ship to host on all 4 guests). So I would suggest that you delete the whole show & start over. If you have the May update and are using May dates (with 2011 and not 2010), it should be working for you. It's working for me. ;)

I just did today and no problem. LH71, manually entered on the past host order. Guest Sales was over $210. So...

Here is another question for you. Look in the contacts section and look for the past hosts name. Make sure the current Past Host Number has been downloaded into the info. I have had some shows where the past host number was not there.

I might have been HO? It took me about 30 minutes to finally submit a party this morning. It was during site maintenance and I thought that may have affected our ability to submit shows.

lt1jane said:
I might have been HO? It took me about 30 minutes to finally submit a party this morning. It was during site maintenance and I thought that may have affected our ability to submit shows.

A red dot won't let you even get that far.

Thanks again for everyone's help -- you guys are awesome! I just spoke to tech and it looks like there is a problem with my database. She said they have been having a few isolated problems -- lucky me! I had to send them my files to take a look. They seem super-smart there, so I'm sure I will be back in business soon. :D

Sandi

Try changing it from catty to cooking. Catalog show sales need to be $200 I believe. :)

tig_536 said:
Try changing it from catty to cooking. Catalog show sales need to be $200 I believe. :)

No..they only need to be $200 in order to get any FPV. But just to get the host special $150 is enough.

Thanks for that info!

All better -- finally. I had to send my data base to tech yesterday, and today they sent it back to me. It was scary when I got the message everything on P3 would be replaced when I downloaded what they sent me, but I trusted they knew what they were doing and sure enough, the red ball was gone and I was able to submit. Thanks again to all who offered suggestions and even entered their own test shows with my information. You guys ROCK!

Sandi

Thanks for the update. Hopefully none of us have to go through that! At least you weren't against a deadline for an incentive.

True Becca! This would have been super stressful if she was trying to meet a sales deadline! Glad they got it all figured out for you! ;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • babywings76