• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I remove a red chile stain from my stoneware pan?

In summary, to remove red chile stains from stoneware, scrub with a mixture of baking soda and water or a paste of baking soda and white vinegar. Do not use bleach. The stain will not affect the taste of food, but should be removed for appearance. To prevent stains, coat stoneware with oil before cooking and soak in soapy water. Avoid harsh chemicals to prevent damage to the stoneware.
koren
Hello!

I don't know if any of you live in red chile land (YUMMY!!!- but very stainful, much worse than tomato).

I made red chile enchiladas in my stoneware pan- I am having trouble getting the orangy stain out. Tried soaking, scrubbing, and baking soda- any ideas? (In plastic, I always use bleach to get it out, but I don't think you can do the bleach in stoneware)?

Appreciate any ideas!
Thanks!
Koren

Try making something else, like cresent rolls in the pan. This would take the soap out if you accidentally got soap on it, so try it for that. I have made enchiladas with red enchilada sauce in my rect baker and have seen the orangish color, but after using it for something else it's gone (or at least light enough that I can't tell.) I make the inside out lasanga in the same pan and it should be stained like crazy, but it really isn't. It's just seasoning up nicely!!

do crescent rolls really take care of the soap problem?

This is what I have been told.......

If you get soap on it, your food will taste like soap. So if you make cresent rolls, they will soak up the soap taste. Obviously, you don't want to eat them, just throw them out. I would roll them out like a crust, instead of the normal cresent way to cover more surface area.

It may work for the stain, I am not sure. It's just a guess. With regular use, my stain tends to fade over time and just become a nice brown seasoned look.

Last edited:
My rec baker is stained with blueberries. It bothered me at first, now I just ignore it. Still cooks great! So sorry I am no help.

1. How do I remove red chile stains from my stoneware?

To remove red chile stains from stoneware, start by scrubbing the affected area with a mixture of baking soda and water. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing off. If the stain persists, try using a paste made of equal parts baking soda and white vinegar. Let it sit for 30 minutes before scrubbing and rinsing off.

2. Can I use bleach to remove red chile stains from my stoneware?

No, bleach should not be used as it can damage the stoneware and leave a lingering odor. Stick to natural cleaning methods such as baking soda and vinegar.

3. Will the red chile stain affect the taste of my food?

No, the red chile stain is only on the surface of the stoneware and will not affect the taste of your food. However, it is important to remove the stain to keep your stoneware looking clean and beautiful.

4. Can I prevent red chile stains from occurring on my stoneware?

Yes, there are a few things you can do to prevent red chile stains on your stoneware. First, make sure to fully coat the stoneware with cooking spray or oil before cooking with red chile. You can also soak the stoneware in hot soapy water before cleaning to help loosen any stains.

5. Will using harsh chemicals damage my stoneware?

Yes, harsh chemicals such as bleach or abrasive cleaners can damage the stoneware and should be avoided. Stick to natural cleaning methods to ensure the longevity of your stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • ChefKeender
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MainStChef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies