• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Red Chile stain in stoneware

koren

Jun 16, 2005
Hello!

I don't know if any of you live in red chile land (YUMMY!!!- but very stainful, much worse than tomato).

I made red chile enchiladas in my stoneware pan- I am having trouble getting the orangy stain out. Tried soaking, scrubbing, and baking soda- any ideas? (In plastic, I always use bleach to get it out, but I don't think you can do the bleach in stoneware)?

Appreciate any ideas!
Thanks!
Koren

stephanieboyd

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
Try making something else, like cresent rolls in the pan. This would take the soap out if you accidentally got soap on it, so try it for that. I have made enchiladas with red enchilada sauce in my rect baker and have seen the orangish color, but after using it for something else it's gone (or at least light enough that I can't tell.) I make the inside out lasanga in the same pan and it should be stained like crazy, but it really isn't. It's just seasoning up nicely!!

jwpamp

Veteran Member
Jan 13, 2006
do crescent rolls really take care of the soap problem?

stephanieboyd

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
This is what I have been told.......

If you get soap on it, your food will taste like soap. So if you make cresent rolls, they will soak up the soap taste. Obviously, you don't want to eat them, just throw them out. I would roll them out like a crust, instead of the normal cresent way to cover more surface area.

It may work for the stain, I am not sure. It's just a guess. With regular use, my stain tends to fade over time and just become a nice brown seasoned look.

Last edited:

h_simcox

Mar 3, 2006
My rec baker is stained with blueberries. It bothered me at first, now I just ignore it. Still cooks great! So sorry I am no help.