• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I use a Rectangular Lid/Bowl over a Deep Covered Baker for this recipe?

In summary, the rectangular lid/bowl is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used as both a lid and a serving dish. It is microwave and oven safe, and can withstand high temperatures without warping or melting. The lid/bowl is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended. It comes in a variety of sizes to fit different baking dishes.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I found a recipe that says to use the Rectangular Lid/Bowl over the Rectangular Baker. Was there actually a Lid/Bowl avaliable or do I just use the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, there was a very large oblong stonware bowl that was like a cover for the Rectangular Baker. I still have mine and don't want to get rid of it because there's a really good popcorn mix snack that I love making in that huge space taker upper.JAE

ooo, I found that recipe, too!

What is the purpose of the rectangular lid/bowl?

The rectangular lid/bowl is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used as both a lid and a serving dish. It is designed to fit securely onto most standard rectangular baking dishes, providing an airtight seal to keep food fresh and preventing spills during transport. It can also be flipped over and used as a serving tray or platter, making it perfect for potlucks, picnics, and parties.

Is the rectangular lid/bowl microwave safe?

Yes, the rectangular lid/bowl is microwave safe. It is made of durable, heat-resistant materials that can withstand high temperatures without warping or melting. This makes it convenient for reheating leftovers or cooking dishes in the microwave.

Can the rectangular lid/bowl be used in the oven?

Yes, the rectangular lid/bowl is oven safe. It can withstand temperatures of up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, making it suitable for baking and roasting in the oven. However, it is not recommended for use under a broiler or on the stovetop.

How do I clean the rectangular lid/bowl?

The rectangular lid/bowl is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. However, hand washing with warm soapy water is also recommended to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers on the lid/bowl, as they may damage the surface and affect its ability to seal properly.

What sizes does the rectangular lid/bowl come in?

The rectangular lid/bowl is available in a variety of sizes to fit different baking dishes. The most common sizes are 9x13 inches, 8x8 inches, and 11x7 inches. It is important to measure your baking dish before purchasing a lid/bowl to ensure a proper fit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LisaVH
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmelody
  • teachernikol
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
teachernikol
  • babywings76