• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Bake a Cake in a Rectangle Stone?

In summary, a customer asked if she could bake a cake in a rectangle stone, which the speaker has never tried. Other consultants and customers have shared that it is possible and recommended to properly season the stone and use non-stick spray or parchment paper to prevent sticking. It's also important to check for doneness earlier than the recommended baking time. The speaker is excited to try this out and recommends the customer reach out for any further questions.
kitchenqueen
Hi Everyone!

I had a customer who just bought a rectangle stone from me last month. She called me yesterday and asked if she could bake a cake in it and pop it out like you would in the cake pans? I've never tried it so I didn't know. To be honest, I just recieved my stone and I haven't really had a chance to use it at all yet!! I told her that I wasn't for sure because I never tried it and that I would ask around and call her when I found some answers. Does anyone here know?? Thanks in advance for any advice!

For cakes I do grease and flour my stones and yes, they do come right out. Tell her to go ahead and have fun!

I make cakes and other desserts in my square baker. My stone is very well seasoned so I don't have to flour or grease the stoneware anymore. If it is new, she will need to grease the stones until they are seasoned. If she doesn't want the flour marks, use some of the dry cake mix instead of flour.

Have fun with your new stones. I LOVE my stoneware!!!

Thank you!Thanks ladies!! I called her and told her!! She can't wait to try it out - and neither can I!! :D

Hi there!

I'm glad to hear that your customer is enjoying her rectangle stone. It's a versatile piece of cookware that can be used for a variety of dishes, including cakes. While I haven't personally tried baking a cake in it, I have heard from other consultants and customers that it is possible. The key is to make sure the stone is properly seasoned before using it for baking, and also to use a parchment paper or non-stick spray to prevent the cake from sticking to the stone. I would also recommend checking the cake for doneness a few minutes earlier than the recommended baking time, as the stone may cook the cake faster than a traditional cake pan. I hope this helps and please feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions. Best of luck!

1. Can I use a rectangle stone to bake a cake?

Yes, you can use a rectangle stone to bake a cake. The stone will distribute heat evenly, resulting in a perfectly baked cake.

2. Do I need to preheat the stone before baking a cake?

It is recommended to preheat the stone before baking a cake. This will ensure that the cake bakes evenly and prevents it from sticking to the stone.

3. How do I prevent my cake from sticking to the stone?

The best way to prevent your cake from sticking to the stone is to lightly grease the stone with cooking spray or butter before placing the cake batter on it.

4. Can I use a mix or do I have to make the cake from scratch?

You can use either a mix or make the cake from scratch when using a rectangle stone. Just make sure to follow the recommended baking instructions for the specific type of cake you are making.

5. How do I clean the stone after baking a cake?

To clean the stone after baking a cake, let it cool completely before washing it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as they can damage the stone's surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Cynthia Shugart