• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruit's Potential: Personal Chef Hosts Cooking Classes

In summary, the potential recruit is a personal chef who would like to help her PC biz by showcasing her PC products while doing cooking classes. She already hosts cooking classes at her home without PC, but wants to know if it is ok to serve what they cook on plain dishes. She doesn't have tons of money to invest to buy all the products so she will start with the kit and work her way up.
Becky0216
I have a potential recruit that is also a personal chef. She would like to help her PC biz by showcasing her PC products while doing cooking classes. She already hosts cooking classes at her home without PC.
She wants to know if it is ok to serve what they cook on plain dishes. (non pc) She doesn't have tons of money to invest to buy all the products so she will start with the kit and work her way up.
What are your thoughts on this.

I hope the news is good news because I need this recruit after the crappy day I had.
Thanks

I know that you cannot promote another business while doing PC. So if she's doing cooking classes and making money on the side while doing it she cannot promote PC at the cooking class. Hope that makes sense. If she makes it a PC cooking class and is only making money on the products people purchase than that is all right.

Not sure I am following the question...

She can CERTAINLY showcase any and all PC products that she wants to....just know that the guarantee is for "non-commercial" use, so I don't know how that would affect her.

I wouldn't worry about serving on non-PC dishes....or using any non-PC products if she doesn't own one of our products. That's what we all have to do from time to time!

PC sounds like a great match for her!

wadesgirl said:
I know that you cannot promote another business while doing PC. So if she's doing cooking classes and making money on the side while doing it she cannot promote PC at the cooking class. Hope that makes sense. If she makes it a PC cooking class and is only making money on the products people purchase than that is all right.

Doh! I did not remember that!

Ok, she is not charging for the classes, she is just teaching for fun. She is a personal chef as her career.
I guess i am so lost because I was told I could only use PC items. So when I started I had no dish towles, no oven mitts etc because I did not own PC ones.

Becky0216 said:
Ok, she is not charging for the classes, she is just teaching for fun. She is a personal chef as her career.
I guess i am so lost because I was told I could only use PC items. So when I started I had no dish towles, no oven mitts etc because I did not own PC ones.

Someone didn't know what they were talking about! Obviously, using OUR products are going to sell more product for you, but if you don't own something, you are free to improvise or substitute what you DO own, even if it's not PC.

Note: If I ever have to use non-PC items, I try not to "highlight" or "showcase" them in any way....just use them and move on. Or, mention that "I don't have the blah-blah-blah product, but I am working on earning it for free so I have it for future shows." or something like that

good idea Kelly. Most everyone here knows the story of my PC beginning. So I really thought it was a no no.

I was a Personal Chef when I started selling PC. I always used my PC products when cheffing, and always let people know at my shows that I did - it was a great selling point that my products got a bigger workout than most would in the normal kitchen and they still looked and worked great!

I don't see any problem with her using PC products when she is teaching cooking classes. She isn't selling another product, she is selling her cooking expertise and knowledge....I don't consider those the same thing. I think that rule is in place so that you aren't selling another DS line in combination with PC.

Becky0216 said:
good idea Kelly. Most everyone here knows the story of my PC beginning. So I really thought it was a no no.

I use non PC products all the time. I usually do not have my oven mitts with me and use the hosts all the time. I also don't bring PC towels to wash my dishes. The last thing I need to keep up with is washing PC dish towels for every show!

As for serving dishes, she can serve the recipe on anything she wants. Or she can buy something "simple" with her PC$ when she first starts. I usually only bring the round platter and the tray to display the final product. Or a lot of the recipes I started my business with were made and served in the large bar pan so I didn't worry about serving dishes.

I think the rule is that you can't promote another business whle doing a PC show - ie using the show (your PC business) to promote a different business. My understanding is that doing it the other way around is fine. So If you sell something else but use PC products and mention them, such as "hey these are PC and I sell it too", I think that is fine.

Anyone else know? If I am wrong, please say so! And if I'm mis-understanding the question, then ignore me :).

ChefBeckyD said:
I was a Personal Chef when I started selling PC. I always used my PC products when cheffing, and always let people know at my shows that I did - it was a great selling point that my products got a bigger workout than most would in the normal kitchen and they still looked and worked great!

I don't see any problem with her using PC products when she is teaching cooking classes. She isn't selling another product, she is selling her cooking expertise and knowledge....I don't consider those the same thing. I think that rule is in place so that you aren't selling another DS line in combination with PC.

I totally agree. A personal chef has every right to use PC products at their classes. The rule is all about DS businesses.

BethCooks4U said:
I totally agree. A personal chef has every right to use PC products at their classes. The rule is all about DS businesses.

I have to totally agree Becky!! I teach cooking classes extensively and use my tools all the time! I taught these classed for years before I started PC and used the PC tools! Now that I am a consultant how is that a conflict? I usually get "hey where did you get that handy tool?" and I can sell a lot of tools that way! I'm not selling candles or make-up, I am selling knowledge! When I do a personal cooking class I use my best tools and I have to charge for my time/expertise since it is a not a party. I got one of my best hostess that way(showing off the tools) and she booked a show with all her wealthy neighbors promoting me as a chef who sells PC. It was one of my best shows and a great way to kick start my business--I don't charge people to attend PC shows promoted as a cooking class. If it is wrong to call it a cooking class, someone better tell me soon! It would be wrong if I brought some other products to sell outside of PC, like some different spices, but I am not going to stop my cooking class/shows (isn't that what power cooking is?). BTW, I have done Power Cooking and had people ask me if I could just "Be their personal chef". I will usually say, " I can't really promote that at a Pampered Chef show, but we can talk later." I do say that Power Cooking is like getting a personal chef for the night and getting free tools on top of that! If my regular job was as an accountant, I would be able to mention "I am an accountant". Why is it we can't mention what we do/did as our occupation? I get great leads and tons of loyal customers. I have also seen many other gals promote their PC shows as "cooking classes" who aren't chefs, but have learned a great deal from working with PC. I think it is wonderful!! They are teaching a skill! I don't charge for a PC show and I think that is the question... and when starting out, use the tools you have in the kit and don't sweat the small stuff. If she is a chef she will adore what PC has to offer! I loved their tools for 12 years before joining the business myself!

Well said Stephanie! And, yes, we can call our shows cooking classes or parties or shows...

BethCooks4U said:
Well said Stephanie! And, yes, we can call our shows cooking classes or parties or shows...

:love:I am sooo glad to hear that!!

What is the purpose of recruiting personal chef hosts for cooking classes?

The purpose of recruiting personal chef hosts for cooking classes is to expand the reach of Pampered Chef and introduce new customers to our products. By partnering with personal chefs, we can offer a unique and personalized cooking experience to potential customers, increasing their interest in our products and potentially leading to future sales.

How do I become a personal chef host for Pampered Chef's cooking classes?

To become a personal chef host for Pampered Chef's cooking classes, you can reach out to your local consultant or contact our customer service team for more information. We are always looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable chefs to join our team and help us bring the joy of cooking to more people.

What are the benefits of being a personal chef host for Pampered Chef?

As a personal chef host for Pampered Chef, you will have the opportunity to earn income, build your personal brand, and expand your network. You will also receive training and support from our team to help you succeed in hosting successful cooking classes. Additionally, you will have access to exclusive discounts and promotions on our products.

What types of cooking classes can I host as a personal chef host for Pampered Chef?

As a personal chef host for Pampered Chef, you can host a variety of cooking classes, including in-person classes at your own location, virtual classes, and even classes at your customers' homes. You can choose to focus on a specific type of cuisine or theme, or offer a variety of classes to cater to different interests and tastes.

Is there a minimum sales requirement for personal chef hosts?

No, there is no minimum sales requirement for personal chef hosts. We want our hosts to focus on creating a fun and engaging cooking experience for their guests, and sales will naturally follow. However, we do offer incentives for hosts who reach certain sales milestones, so it can be beneficial to aim for higher sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
PattieChef21
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies