1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recruiting in bulk

1. koima

koima Member

I was at Costco today, partaking in samples, and struck up a conversation with the demonstrator. It turns out that a local Costco is closing for renovations and the demonstrators from there will be sharing shifts with our store. I whipped out a mini-catalog and asked if she was looking for a way to make extra money and outfit her kitchen with awesome tools for free and she lit up! She mentioned that she was already underemployed and with the additional cut in hours, she wasn't sure how she was going to make ends meet; I told her about the mini-kit and she was really excited! She said she'd call after her shift ended, but I got her info and told her I'd be in touch.

After our conversation, I hit up all the other demonstrators, giving each a mini-catalog and telling them that I could help them make some extra money if they were interested, and I got another name and number of another interested demonstrator!

Tomorrow I'm hitting up the Costco that is closing down and I'm giving the "Deal or No Deal" flyer (renamed to "Deal or Great Deal", because the DCB is a great deal on its own!) to everyone I see.

Apr 9, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

That is a great idea. Good for you!

3. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

can you post that flyer

4. koima

koima Member

I have an interview tomorrow morning with one of the women I met today! Wish me luck!

Apr 9, 2009
  5. Veevahchef

Veevahchef Director Silver Member

OH... I am SO on that!!!

Going to costco tomorrow... and the next day... then everywhere else that has demonstrators... what PERFECT PC consultants they would be!
    And they only work a couple of hours on weekends around here! So they may need this!
    It seems so obvious... why didn't I think of this?

Apr 10, 2009
  6. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

How fabulous for you!!! This is where I lack - talking to people that aren't in my "show" scheme. Although, I did talk to the gal that works at the local 7-eleven because I see her all the time!!!

Apr 10, 2009
  7. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

Great idea....but that is soliciting if you directly walk up to a person/employee and offer them a job to make extra money; especially if several food vendors are approached!

Just be careful b/c you could be actually be kicked out of a store if someone in management witnesses it or gets a complaint from someone.

Apr 13, 2009
  8. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

Great Idea!! Congrats!!!

Apr 13, 2009
  9. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

Awesome! Nice to see you posting again, haven't seen you for a while!

Apr 13, 2009
Have something to add?